George and Cindy in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
THEY don't make it. The media makes it cause they have nothing better to do but follow the Anthony's.

Media should go find a missing child or something. Priorities people, priorities.

Naw, I disagree . . . THEY created & continue this. Media is just following them & media is continuing to feed the lemmings. WE (society) must choose to go find the missing child or something.

Definitely is a matter of priorities!

With respect - although I am not a CA and GA watcher, I do understand the watching - not the stalking.

These are two people who kept themselves front and centre in the news for three years. They lied, they twisted evidence and they constantly put the woman we believed killed her child on a pedestal. Even since the trial, they continue to purposely ask the media for attention.

After three long hard years, I think a month is a short time to tell folks to "get over it".

ITA LG!!
This is the catch 22 of putting yourself out there for media and public consumption-you don't get to choose when and where you want to be noticed and reported on. Is it fair? In my opinion no! But, you can't unring the bell and expect people to say George and Cindy Anthony who?:waitasec:
Especially, when you are Dr. Phil's Season Opener and have a new foundation your lawyer made a public announcement about.

All I can say is I hope nothing as horrible as what happened to them ever happens to me.

(As my grand daughter puts a sticker on my nose.):floorlaugh:

When you are followed in stores and in parking lots and it's "big news" because you are looking at a pair of $40 jeans, that's stalking.

It happens to a lot of people, not just the A's. I hate it and it's crazy.

What difference does it make to anybody if she looks at clothes in a store?

It's just too much.

It's not news.

There is plenty of news going on out there. Clothes shopping by the grandmother of a murder victim should not even register IMO.

I have no interest them ever. But if a person continually injects themselves in the news there is no point in complaining about the media following them - with the kind of attention they've sought and continually seek. You don't get to be selective about when the media focuses on you if you constantly demand attention.

Quick question... how do we contact a mod on duty to ask a question?

Assuming I'm not too OT as someone is asking re this thread - You scroll down to the bottom of the main page here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166"]Caylee Anthony 2 years old - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] to see who is on duty (bottom right lists mods on line) and click on their name, then send them a private message. Keep in mind though, that if you are reporting trolls, just click on the alert button if a bad post, or best to ignore them is what we are supposed to do (see TOS). Also see http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php. Also, this information may help you and is a cut/past from the FAQ's . Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users? If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this: Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'. What if I see something offensive? You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

The fact that this is considered news just floors me.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be comical.

Breaking news:

Cindy Anthony was seen shopping in Belk today and looked at 4 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts. She was also seen glancing the way of the shoe department! :eek:
We are following this breaking news and will cut back in if there are any developments...

Now, back to the less important news...
Hurricane Irene
9/11 Anniversary
Katrina Anniversary
War in Iraq
War on Terror

:crazy:

They didn't want this? They went on every TV show they could find to tout Casey's innocence for almost three years. They have been calling the media for things like donating a pair of shoes, or not getting a visit with Casey. Yes, they wanted this. They lap up the spotlight. They don't know how to live with out it. When Casey mentioned to Cindy that she had seen her on a talk show, Cindy asked, which one? Cindy claimed to have cancelled on Oprah, for crying out loud. She was unabashedly loudmouthed for three years about Casey being innocent and everyone else being guilty, and George was right there with her. Now it's all damage control.

Why is Lee being left alone? Because he has shut up and gotten himself out of the spotlight. He's not in the news because he doesn't want to be, plain and simple. Cindy and George can't help themselves. Why go on Dr. Phil at all if they don't want media coverage? They can get therapy in private. But no, they decided to do it on national television. That is not people who didn't want to be in the spotlight, that is people who can't stand to live without it!

Thanks! This is almost exactly what I was going to provide as a retort. :great:

And so, what's your point? Seriously, they're right up there with Casey as hated people. What would you suggest they do to continue to live? Should they just off themselves as George once wanted to do? :waitasec:

I guess they can't go to the grocery store either????????????

My Point:

They don't work
The money they have and are spending is because their grandchild was murdered by their daughter
They lied to help get daughter acquited of the murder

If you can pity them, more power to ya. i hate 'em

I live about 30 minutes from Signal Hill Mall in Statesville. It is north of Charlotte on
I-77. That is a route many Floridians take North. It is a very small mall in fact not much of a mall. I can see how they would stand out. There is not a lot of traffic in the mall it's self.

Another thing I thought of is Iredell County (Statesville, Davidson and Mooresville NC) is right on Lake Norman an area of expensive multi-million dollar homes and home to many NASCAR drivers. Could they be buying a lake front home? If that is the case I am certain one of the Charlotte TV stations will let us know. I doubt that though it would take more money than an interview on Dr. P to buy a home in that area.

I just believe they were on their way to Ohio and perhaps stopping for the night or a little rest.

As far as whether we here should be following or interested in what G&C are up to ...... :fence: ..... I guess I don't need to condemn them for going shopping.
Then again, I can't imagine there's NO-ONE out there interested in what they're up to and who might well be thinking that G&C are reaping what they've sown.

I predict this thread is on the fast track to the basement.

I was just thinking the same thing, Strawberry ... and glad you are back and safe ! :great:

I sure would like to know the REAL REASON the Anthony's are in North Carolina ...

Let's see ... the Bahamas, and swimming those poor dolphins ... Texas for the Dr. Phil Interview ... :sick:

And now North Carolina ... :sick: Did they have their ATTORNEY along with them when they were "shopping" ? :floorlaugh: They may have needed him ... :floorlaugh:

MOO ...

George and Cindy are NOT going to avoid the media. They NEED it so they can push their "foundations"... If they can't publicize themselves and their "foundations", they have no income from their "foundations". Why moan and groan about them being "stalked"? If the media stops paying attention to what they're doing, they'll CALL the media to announce some stunt... Like that "donation" of shoes... They themselves called the news station to let them know that they'd be going to the donation site to donate some of Caylee's shoes.. They got the media attention and a lot of scorn from the public. So they donate some shoes and new socks, NOT Caylee's shoes. Big deal.. They got their faces on camera yet again and got to publicize their "foundation" and show what "good people" they are... Ahem. Yeah. Ok. Whatever. The trial is OVER. They BOTH need to go back to WORK instead of trying to figure out how to make money without working. The ones who need to "get over it" are Cindy and George.

Thanks! This is almost exactly what I was going to provide as a retort. :great:

If the A's hid in any way, that would be cowardly, IMO. It seems to me they are makinh a clear statement they want to get on with their lives, despite their critics.

The fact that this is considered news just floors me.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be comical.

Breaking news:

Cindy Anthony was seen shopping in Belk today and looked at 4 pairs of jeans and 3 shirts. She was also seen glancing the way of the shoe department! :eek:
We are following this breaking news and will cut back in if there are any developments...

Now, back to the less important news...
Hurricane Irene SNOOKI DOES SOMETHING!!!
9/11 Anniversary LOOSE TEN POUNDS THIS WEEKEND!
Katrina Anniversary WHAT DID MICHELLE OBAMA WEAR ON VACATION?
War in Iraq KIDS LIKE THE INTERNET!!!!
War on Terror OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUD!

:crazy:

to be perfectly honest, imho, our current media hasn't focused on hard news for quite some time. I'm with ya Kimberly, and agree that there are far far more serious and pressing matters. But media is business. A very sad, vapid business.

As for the Ants - they're at minute 14:59

(though who is hyping this fox/examiner tells me a lot about the money trail)

When you are followed in stores and in parking lots and it's "big news" because you are looking at a pair of $40 jeans, that's stalking.

It happens to a lot of people, not just the A's. I hate it and it's crazy.

What difference does it make to anybody if she looks at clothes in a store?

It's just too much.

It's not news.

There is plenty of news going on out there. Clothes shopping by the grandmother of a murder victim should not even register IMO.

It appears someone who was also shopping took the picture at Belk's, nothing more. It also appears they may have given the photos to the media....or better yet SOLD them. Karma, gotta love it. And let's be honest here you can't have your attorney shopping for a 6 figure interview on one of the high-profile talk shows and not expect to be treated the same as anyone else in the news. In other words...."you can't have your cake and eat it, too." They are keeping themselves front and center. They should never have to hide but if they expect to stop the media from following them around they need to get back to having a normal lifestyle. But, normal is not what CA wants. She obviously likes the attention of the media or they would not presenting themselves as celebs. Obviously that "Foundation" money is being used "wisely" since neither one of them has a job.

Two states are already starting to investigate charities and abuses because of the many 9/11 charities that made promises only to have the majority of the money go towards personal expenses. Promises made and not kept. All states need to do this with all listed charities. People are being encouraged to report what they feel is a charity that has not fulfilled it's goals so they can be investigated. IT'S ABOUT TIME. jmo

If the A's hid in any way, that would be cowardly, IMO. It seems to me they are makinh a clear statement they want to get on with their lives, despite their critics.

That's fine-then, IMO, no harm no foul!!:fence:

So why does getting on with their lives always involve a camera in their faces? Can't they make that same statement like Lee, just go away quietly and don't talk to the media at all? And I don't think it's cowardly if they just stop talking to the media and quietly live their lives. That would actually be something I would respect them for. But no, it's always call the media and get Lippman on the horn. That is not making a statement, that is trying desperately to make money so they don't have to work.

Look, I don't mind them shopping. But if they get in the news because of it, it's because they can't stop putting their faces in the media. If they want to be left alone, they need to get out and stay out of the media, plain and simple. Their son did it, so they can do it too.

Go on with their lives? :floorlaugh:

Thank God now they are out of the media here in the Midwest . . . the only news I receive about them is here on the great WS site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA