George Anthony post-verdict Statement

Translation: GA is not complicit, but they approve of the outcome.

Nothing new here, talking out of both sides of their mouth.

They should be ashamed but never will be.

I think if you look closely at the family's involvement in this case, including George, it could easily be concluded they worked with the defense to create havoc. The jury bought it. Cindy has said you can't mess with the Anthonys...sadly the jury agreed.

EXACTLY my thoughts. I have said that before. George was part of the whole little defense ... sham.

Right. I am done with y'all Anthonys.. I was going to rescind my support posts for the ICA parents but I am even too done with this all for that.

May you reap what the heck you sowed.

I am doing a GA "handwashing" .

Thanks for the info ...

But I am SORRY to say this but I NEVER EVER want to hear from another Anthony again ! :maddening:

Again ... I am sorry to be so blunt ... but after today's verdict ... this is how I feel ... The A's have obstructed justice from Day 31 and continued throughout the Trial ... MOO MOO MOO

I just can't even watch the TV news right now ... so I will rely on the good people here at WS for my info.

MUCH THANKS to those here at WebSleuths for providing these updates and info, and I look forward to continue to read what is going on in the case here at WS !!!

MOO MOO MOO

I 'think' they were probably alluding to the "Trial" chapter of their lives.

I do pray for George and Cindy. They are living in hell on earth, imo.

Wonder which chapter of the book that will be?

To me, the statement means "we won't ever know the details of Caylee's death, but we know Casey caused it, even though she won't admit it. The jury heard bits and pieces based on the rules of evidence and had reason to come back with a reasonable doubt verdict not because Casey is innocent but because the legal process excluded information which could have altered their views. We don't blame the jury for that."

That's my speculation about what they feel. That, and relief that Casey won't get the death penalty.

But remember the stages of grief. They will probably go through a PROCESS over the next days, weeks and months. I bet they will feel anger. I think they wanted her to be convicted and held responsible for Caylee's death.

Caylee is now free from ALL OF THEM- That's how I feel about the statement from George and Cindy Anthony. It speaks volumes to me. They deserve each other- the whole lot of them, I only pray that Casey now knows that she is NOT interested in motherhood.

ETA: The evidence that could have conclusively connected Casey to the murder were on the pants and knife found in the Pontiac Sunfire- thanks to Cindy that evidence was destroyed along with any chance that Caylee would see justice in a court of law. I hope the Anthony's are happy.

Let's see, "While the family may never know what has happened to Caylee Marie Anthony, they now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives."

Excuse me, didn't their daughter just tell them recently that Caylee drowned in the family pool on June 16, 2008. WTF?!?!?

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

To me, the statement means "we won't ever know the details of Caylee's death, but we know Casey caused it, even though she won't admit it. The jury heard bits and pieces based on the rules of evidence and had reason to come back with a reasonable doubt verdict not because Casey is innocent but because the legal process excluded information which could have altered their views. We don't blame the jury for that."

That's my speculation about what they feel. That, and relief that Casey won't get the death penalty.

But remember the stages of grief. They will probably go through a PROCESS over the next days, weeks and months. I bet they will feel anger. I think they wanted her to be convicted and held responsible for Caylee's death.

yes. thank you.

Totally agree, the Anthonys were all in on this with Baez and it worked.....

:rocker::rocker: I totally agree !!

I believe the A's have been in on this since the beginning and now through the "bitter end" with Baez ...

The Anthony's PLAYED BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE !!! :fence:

It was all a FARCE ... they played everyone ... and it worked ! :maddening:

Even this last "press release" is a FARCE !

What a "disgusting" thing to do ...

Let's see, "While the family may never know what has happened to Caylee Marie Anthony, they now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives."

Excuse me, didn't their daughter just tell them recently that Caylee drowned in the family pool on June 16, 2008. WTF?!?!?

I don't think they really believe Caylee drowned. They did say it was a "baseless defense."

They didn't show/read it on HLN. Just said GA thinks it was a "fair verdict based on the evidence presented." They did say he did not comment as to whether or not he agreed with it.

This statement does not bother me. They are saying they did not agree with the defense theory but felt that the verdict was fair based on the evidence presented. Since they say they will never know what happened to Caylee, I think they are saying that the evidence presented was not enough to prove what actually happened and that as a result, the verdict was fair.

I think they both know their daughter murdered Caylee but that it was not proved in court.

HLN is getting ready to ready GA's statement. NOW!

ETA: The Anthony's Statement:

These are the words of George and Cindy Anthony, as delivered by their attorney, Mark Lippman:

"While the family may never know what has happened to Caylee Marie Anthony, they now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives. Despite the baseless defense chosen by Casey Anthony, the family believes that the jury made a fair decision based on the evidence presented; the testimony presened; the scientific information presented; the rules that were given to them by the Honorable Judge Perry to guide them. The family hopes that they will be given the time by the media to reflect on today's verdict and decide the best way to move forward privately.

The family also wants the public to know that if anyone wanted to honor Caylee by leaving stuffed animals or other toys at any area near their home, that they would prefer those items be donated in Caylee's name to families in need, religious centers, or any other entity where toys would be appreciated."

Attorney Mark Lippman said he will issue further statements as needed.

BBM

Ok, I lied....I'm back.....for now....because I canNOT believe that this is over yet......

1. I thought she drowned in the pool?
2. BASED on what was presented.......NOT that she is NOT guilty....the statement NEVER says that; VERY TELLING IN MY EYES......
3. The SA MUST go after CA and GA for whatever they can get on them, regardless if perjury, obstruction of justice, assisting in the disposal of poor Caylee..........I don't care what it is...............you MUST go after them SA!!!

I can't even blame the Anthonys for this statement. They are just rolling with the punches on this one. I bet they were every bit as surprised as we were at the acquittal. And now, they have to live with a murderer. Unless George gets the cojones to throw her caboose out!

ICA will return to the Anthony home and life will go on as if nothing ever happened.
MOO

EXACTLY my thoughts. I have said that before. George was part of the whole little defense ... sham.

I've thought that since his testimony where he hesitates, looks down and basically acts guilty when denying things. His 1+1=2 statement was for the jury so they could see he is the only one in the family "not" supporting Casey.

I am relieved in a way and horrified in another way. I am glad that they aren't going through the trial stuff for the next 20 years (with appeals) but horrified in that there life will continue to be hell from here on out.

There really is no closure for them today no matter what they think

I can't believe I'm about to say this but, in a weird way I feel relieved for George and Cindy. Watching the pain they have been through for 3 years - had ICA been found guilty and possibly sentenced to death, it would have been further pain inflicted on them. While it would be justice for Caylee, it would be yet another loss for George and Cindy. So in a weird way I am glad for them, I only hope that they will someday be able to grasp what ICA has done to their family and will be able to somehow heal and move forward without certain someones in their lives.

The statement doesn't sound all too Pro-Casey to me..

They seem to want it both ways. The defense was baseless but the jury got it right? Ummm...that's a pretty big contradiction but what else is new?

Maybe the whole family can move to an island far away and we can just forget about them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back