Gerry McCann Travels To Portugal 1/13/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say one thing, they are damned sure that they have covered their tracks if they are allowing crack ex cops & agents to investigate! They are not afraid of anything concrete being found against them. Wherever poor Madeleine's body is I think it will never ever be found! If they did this & we all believe they did, they were damned good at it!

He met with his lawyer and members of the BRITISH EMBASSY! Ohhhhhhh I think this is about the inquest and has NOTHING to do with a search.

Common - GM would not go to Portugal for searching. He knows full well all he has to do is speak the truth and little Maddie will be found.

I really think this is connected to TB's letter! I really, really, really hope it is!

Salem

PS - I have been wrong several times before in this case -especially about the guy that was searching on his own. I thought he had inside info, when in fact he did not.

WOW! GM has been coached good! No urmms, ear pulling or nose scratching..... He is cool as a cucumber. Amazing I think.

I am no waiting for the SOL article. We know from experience that every time something happens, the M and CM hit the press with their spin in order to confuse the truth of the matter. We shall see what happens in the next few days.....

But thank goodness something is happening.

Salem

Any chance he is there to *check on the location of the body* ? Maybe after the Caylee Anthony case he wants to make sure that the body is well and truly hidden forever /

Do you think Casey might have got her idea of a kidnapping from the supposed Kidnap of Madeliene ?

Oh my! Why return to Portugal now, all these months later to look for Maddie!

Video!!!

http://diario.iol.pt/sociedade/maddi...1955-4071.html
Today 12:33 AM

How dare the man say in one breath that they wish to fully co-operate with the Portuguese Authorities as they have done in the past. Did his wife not answer soo many question that were put to her.

GM also states, *what's gone on in the past is done.* I don't know if it's just my not trusting him, but I did not like his choice of words here.

WTG Colomom for your speed in bringing news to us. I haven't read any newspapers or watched much tv over the last few days as I am running around caring for my old dog who's not in the best of health. Sounds terrible, me living in the UK and didn't know about this latest news.

Grrrr I am sat here thinking aloud to myself.........I know what people say about others that do that Lol.

There is NOOOOOOO way imo that GM or KM for that matter would return back to Portugal unless they HAD to. I really hope something is happening and justice is around the corner.

Could it be that the fund money is running low, hence more publicity, new sightings and new funds rolling in again?

GMEarTug.png

Hahahahaha, you couldn't make this stuff up....

He really needs to get himself some q-tips, eh?

Whoa! This is a big deal!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks so much for the head's up, Colomom! I've been bogged down on the Caylee Anthony thread and had no idea that Gerry was in Portugal!

I didn't think wild horses could drag him back there, so someone has used some heavy-duty persuasion! :clap:

And there he is grabbing his ear - must not like what he's hearing. :rolleyes:

AN elite team of ex-cops and secret agents are spearheading a new hunt for Madeleine McCann.

:eek:

Jane in Oz said:
Any chance he is there to *check on the location of the body* ? Maybe after the Caylee Anthony case he wants to make sure that the body is well and truly hidden forever /
That might be his wish, but I seriously doubt that this crack team of investigators is going to let Gerry drive around in his rental car alone without following him. :)

GMEarTug.png

Hahahahaha, you couldn't make this stuff up....

He really needs to get himself some q-tips, eh?

Where did you get the picture? I watched the video you linked again and did not see his hands go to his face at all - but clearly this picture is from the same time period based on the clothes, his posture, etc. It looks like a portion of the video must have been edited out?

Salem

Where did you get the picture? I watched the video you linked again and did not see his hands go to his face at all - but clearly this picture is from the same time period based on the clothes, his posture, etc. It looks like a portion of the video must have been edited out?

Salem

Hi Salem,

When I posted that last night I had only seen one link...this morning I see on Joana M's blog that there are two links:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/gerry-mccann-interviewed-in-lisbon.html

I am not sure which one I am missing and I will try to watch them and edit my original post to include the second one too. I'll bet that is where the ear tug is...

ETA: Nope, that was not it. Perhaps that is just a photo taken before/after the video cameras were rolling. I really wanted to see what exactly he was saying at that moment....I'll post again if I find more on this.

How ironic that Gerry, after staying away from Portugal for well over a year, suddenly decides to return. Maybe the questions about why he and Kate haven't gone back are getting a little too probing. Hopefully Tony's book is having an effect and making the authorities reexamine the case.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3159328.html?menu=

Gerry McCann returns from Portugal

Madeleine McCann's father returned to Britain after making his first visit to Portugal in 16 months.

Gerry McCann had a "positive" meeting with his Portuguese lawyers about the search for his missing daughter, family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.

Mr McCann, 40, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said his brief trip to Portugal would be "the first of several" over the next few months. He also indicated a willingness to improve relations with the Portuguese authorities, which were strained after police named him and his wife Kate as suspects in Madeleine's disappearance.

In an interview with news agency Lusa, Mr McCann pledged to work "as much as possible" with officials in Portugal to look for Madeleine.

He went on: "We want to make it absolutely clear what's gone on in the past is, by and large, done and we very, very much want to focus on what can still be done for the search. That's what our priority is and it always has been."

Mr McCann flew into Faro Airport in the Algarve on Tuesday morning and was met by British Embassy officials. He then travelled to Lisbon for talks with his legal team, led by Rogerio Alves, before returning to Britain.

Mr Mitchell said: "He said it was a positive meeting and he is pleased with the way it went."

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in the Algarve village of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007 while her parents dined with friends nearby. Despite a massive police operation and huge publicity worldwide, she has not been found.

<continues>

Well that was anti-climactic.....

Yes, that is over abruptly, but I'm still intrigued if this is the "first of several" trips to Portugal. Why? To what purpose?

If it was just Public Relations, he would stay in England. It's all really strange and new - I'm glad new investigators are studying the case the way it needs to be studied.

Yes, that is over abruptly, but I'm still intrigued if this is the "first of several" trips to Portugal. Why? To what purpose?

If it was just Public Relations, he would stay in England. It's all really strange and new - I'm glad new investigators are studying the case the way it needs to be studied.

Hi ThoughtFox :blowkiss:

But that is the question. Do we know if these new in*estigators are real and not of Metado3 ILK? That means e*erything, and I do not trust anything that is put out by the McCanns.

\They ha*e no alternati*es, only the innate dri*e to sa*e themsel*es from prosecution. That means nothing as it is self centered and has nothing to do with Madeleine.

OMG, Sorry for all the *'s. Thank goodness it can be fixed. xoxoxoxo

Hi Salem,

When I posted that last night I had only seen one link...this morning I see on Joana M's blog that there are two links:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/01/gerry-mccann-interviewed-in-lisbon.html

I am not sure which one I am missing and I will try to watch them and edit my original post to include the second one too. I'll bet that is where the ear tug is...

ETA: Nope, that was not it. Perhaps that is just a photo taken before/after the video cameras were rolling. I really wanted to see what exactly he was saying at that moment....I'll post again if I find more on this.

Thanks colomom - but don't worry too much about it. Although it would be great to know what he was talking about. I was just surprised to see the picture after watching the video and seeing his hands remain in his lap the whole time (or so I thought).

Salem

I don't think GM was there for PR. There is nothing he can do now to clean up the McCann reputation in Portugal...... no, there was a reason he was there and I venture to guess we will hear about it in the next few days (at least I hope so).

Salem

2009-01-15

Fund pays for luxury hotel

by Sónia Trigueirão

Madeleine&#8217;s father and the English lawyer who accompanied him on the visit to Portugal, on Tuesday, were lodged at the D. Pedro Palace, a five-star hotel and one of the most luxurious ones in Lisbon. Everything, of course, financed by the &#8216;Find Madeleine&#8217; Fund.

As far as CM was able to establish, one night at the D. Pedro, in a single room, may cost between 214 and 254 euros. This means that Gerry and the lawyer spent, at least, more than 400 euros for one night.

According to Clarence Mitchell, Madeleine&#8217;s parents&#8217; spokesman, Gerry stayed in a single room and the hotel was chosen not for being five-star, but merely because it is located close to lawyer Rogério Alves&#8217; office and because it is discrete. &#8216;We didn&#8217;t want to transform Gerry&#8217;s visit into a media show&#8217;.

Concerning the fact that the Fund payed for this, Clarence merely recalled the purpose for which it was created &#8216;This type of travel obviously fits into the search for Madeleine which is the Fund&#8217;s purpose. That was what it was created for and Madeleine&#8217;s parents will never use it for anything else apart from that&#8217;, he stated.

Beyond that, Mitchell guarantees that the fund to search for the child still has money: &#8216;We have 800 thousand pounds which are 880.170,36 euros. We don&#8217;t have money problems. People continue to help us&#8217;. The Fund, which was created in 2007, shortly after Madeleine disappeared from the resort at Praia da Luz, had two million euros at some point in time.

Details

Attorney General &#8211; The Attorney General&#8217;s Office informed yesterday that the Madeleine process will only be reopened with &#8216;new, credible and relevant facts&#8217;. This is the reply to Gerry, who said that he&#8217;d come to Portugal to explore the best way to cooperate with the authorities to &#8216;explore steps that weren&#8217;t taken yet&#8217;.

Detectives in the Algarve &#8211; The McCanns desisted of hiring agencies, but as far as CM has established, they now have a restricted group of people with a past that is linked to the police, willing to continue the investigation. The possibility of that team going to the Algarve is being evaluated.

source: Correio da Manhã, 15.01.2009

by astro (http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/)

Link: http://www.dompedro.com/DomPedro/OurHotels/Lisboa/tabid/287/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Yes Scandi, all that wild speculation (what are they up to now? 30 pages?) going on at 3As shows just how hungry people are for any new information. Kate McCann pregnant? Seriously doubt it. What is she 40 something? Already had 3 kids in a very short period of time and lost one. I don't know many mothers who would do that again in those circumstances. Shoot, my girl, at age 37, wore my a$$ out....I ran to get my tubes tied.

The McCann children were all conceived by IVF and they may have additional children in the freezer....The age of the eggs is more important than the age at conception (assuming eggs extracted earlier)....Given their faith, it's likely they would want to use any embryos created. A pregnancy would distract the public from missing Madeleine and rehab her image....it would be the opposite of what those who suspect her of the crime would expect her to do.

Are the McCanns working as doctors?

The McCann children were all conceived by IVF and they may have additional children in the freezer....The age of the eggs is more important than the age at conception (assuming eggs extracted earlier)....Given their faith, it's likely they would want to use any embryos created. A pregnancy would distract the public from missing Madeleine and rehab her image....it would be the opposite of what those who suspect her of the crime would expect her to do.

Are the McCanns working as doctors?

This is a good point Twinkiesmom, about the age of the eggs and their still being viable. My feeling about Kate probably not getting pregnant again has more to do with the physical stress involved in carrying another baby and then sleep depravation and generally handling the rigors of dealing with a newborn and then toddler. After reading some of Kate's comments about being exhausted by Madeleine, I get the feeling that a new baby would be the last thing she would want to take on. But that is just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong. In my eyes it would not rehab her image. If she did have a new baby, I would be very concerned and worried for the safety of those children.

As far as we know, Gerry McCann is still working as a doctor but Kate is not.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/01/15/madeleine-mum-can-t-face-return-115875-21042334/

"Heartbroken Kate McCann was too upset to go back to Portugal where her beloved Madeleine was snatched.

She couldn't face joining husband Gerry on a recent trip to the Algarve to revive the hunt for their missing daughter.

A family source said: "At this moment, Kate doesn't feel strong enough. She is still too distressed to go anywhere near where Madeleine was taken."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6737833.stm

"I can see myself having to go back to the UK to meet with people, it is just more efficient to do things over there.

"It will be very, very hard. The last time I was back, I couldn't even go into the house. I found it hard enough going to Rothley."

'Can't face leaving'

Mrs McCann said she often awoke thinking it would be the day Madeleine would be found.

"I do actually feel close to Madeleine here. She could actually be further away from here than she is from the UK but I feel emotionally close to her here.

"People have told me that I could do the same, if not more, back in the UK, but I can't face leaving."

Confused.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member