*GRAPHIC*Oh Hannah, Miley Cyrus & Pen*s Cake

The one thing this says to me is that the process by which these "idols" that the media sets up for little girls/Tweens/teens is sick and damaging. It's thhe old Madonna/*advertiser censored* thing. They have purity clauses in their contracts, they have to pretend they're virginal princesses, and it sets up a whole *advertiser censored*-shaming mindset that, once they're free of their childhood role, the public then gets to turn on them and shame them when they can now act like normal human beings (sure, the pics are a bit raunchy, but oral sex - which she is simulating there - IS normal).

It's the same reason that Taylor Swift makes me gag. The false purity, the gauzy, dressed in white videos that remind me of the old feminine products commercials, the songs about girl vs girl rivalry over boys.... Such an artificial "good girl" standard to set for young women.

I don't see young male stars being held to the same standards (and being subjected to the same inevitable ridicule later) that Miley, Brittany, etc were held to. Let Miley have her fun now that she isn't under some contract to Disney (whose portrayals of women/girls I absolutely loathe) without all the shaming. If you don't like it, don't look, maybe.

I would never, ever do this. :snooty:

That is clearly whipped frosting and I only eat buttercream. :crazy:

:innocent:

Have none of you ladies ever been to a Bachelorette Party?! I am a little shocked at the number of people who seem to think this is so awful.

I have and I'm not a prude. I just think that, if you're in the public eye and you have a following of young girls who look up to you (whether that's right or wrong is pointless), you should act respectable. If she wants to lick a penis cake, do it in private when there aren't cameras there to capture it and plaster it all over TMZ.

If I were her mother, I would be mortified and horribly disappointed.

Seems pretty tame to me for a young woman who wants to live her life like a normal college age girl. She was goofing around with a penis cake...who hasn't?

Me too. It's just a cake.

The one thing this says to me is that the process by which these "idols" that the media sets up for little girls/Tweens/teens is sick and damaging. It's thhe old Madonna/*advertiser censored* thing. They have purity clauses in their contracts, they have to pretend they're virginal princesses, and it sets up a whole *advertiser censored*-shaming mindset that, once they're free of their childhood role, the public then gets to turn on them and shame them when they can now act like normal human beings (sure, the pics are a bit raunchy, but oral sex - which she is simulating there - IS normal).

It's the same reason that Taylor Swift makes me gag. The false purity, the gauzy, dressed in white videos that remind me of the old feminine products commercials, the songs about girl vs girl rivalry over boys.... Such an artificial "good girl" standard to set for young women.

I don't see young male stars being held to the same standards (and being subjected to the same inevitable ridicule later) that Miley, Brittany, etc were held to. Let Miley have her fun now that she isn't under some contract to Disney (whose portrayals of women/girls I absolutely loathe) without all the shaming. If you don't like it, don't look, maybe.

Disney def sets up the 'image' and then retros a person into that role. Don't even get me started on Pocahontas the movie. I agree with you about Taylor Swift, as modern day 'princess'.

Oh man, Pocahontas. So offensive on so many levels. :furious:

I need to stop myself before I go off on a Disney rant. I think it's because I've spend 15 years hiding the Disney movies my in laws kept sending for my kids on every birthday and Christmas lol. I cannot stand the sexism and racism in them.

I think it was ill-judged, that photo could really embarrass her one day. Silly little girl trying to be grown up IMO

Oh man, Pocahontas. So offensive on so many levels. :furious:

I need to stop myself before I go off on a Disney rant. I think it's because I've spend 15 years hiding the Disney movies my in laws kept sending for my kids on every birthday and Christmas lol. I cannot stand the sexism and racism in them.

My ex MIL used to send them, as well. One year we gave her a 'movie kit'; Jujubes, micro pop corn and other goodies. The film was Throw Mama From The Train [I found it on Amazon], never got any more movies from her. ;)

If I were Miley I'd be wondering why my boyfriend had a penis cake. :dunno:

I just saw the photo of him, my first thought is she is not his type. :floorlaugh:

I don't know who this young lady is, other than her name being on t.v. and a children's show. Don't you think you would want to break out of the role forced on you as a child at some point? Don't all childhood stars do silly things once they reach a point of autonomy? Didn't we all do something embarrassing when we were young? Well, maybe not date a guy that likes guys, but you know what I mean.:crazy:

I hope it didn't give poor Liam horrible castration anxiety to see all his friends picking up a knife, cutting that penis up and eating it.

If I were Miley I'd be wondering why my boyfriend had a penis cake. :dunno:

LOL I am so glad I wasn't the only one that immediately thought this. I mean uh, well.... I'll be quiet now. :no:

And I'm shocked at people who seem to think it's no big deal.

Why? It's a cake, it's not like she performed oral sex on a man in front of a group of people. :waitasec:

I have and I'm not a prude. I just think that, if you're in the public eye and you have a following of young girls who look up to you (whether that's right or wrong is pointless), you should act respectable. If she wants to lick a penis cake, do it in private when there aren't cameras there to capture it and plaster it all over TMZ.

If I were her mother, I would be mortified and horribly disappointed.

Look, I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus in the least....but I'm sure as heck not going to speak ill of her for pretending to lick a penis cake. LOL-- I mean, come on.

Why? It's a cake, it's not like she performed oral sex on a man in front of a group of people. :waitasec:

Look, I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus in the least....but I'm sure as heck not going to speak ill of her for pretending to lick a penis cake. LOL-- I mean, come on.
No, she "just" pantomimed an act of oral sex on a penis in front of a group of people. Bet she's going to just love it when her (future) children view this photo.

No, she "just" pantomimed an act of oral sex on a penis in front of a group of people. Bet she's going to just love it when her (future) children view this photo.

I am sure we ALL have things we don't necessarily want our children to know about us. With all of the awful things a person can do, I just don't see pretending to lick a penis cake amounting to a hill of beans.

Remind me to leave most of your names off of my bachelorette party guest list. :crazy:

I think it was ill-judged, that photo could really embarrass her one day. Silly little girl trying to be grown up IMO

She is a grownup. She's 21. At what point in her life will she be able to drop the Hannah Montanna persona? Your's is a silly little answer IMO.

She is a grownup. She's 21. At what point in her life can she drop the Hannah Montanna persona? Your's is a silly little answer IMO.

She is not 21. I think she is 18, maybe 19 now. But I agree that she has to drop the Hannah Montana persona. I do think she can do it in a classier way however. imo

I guess she feels that she needs to do things like this to keep getting herself some attention.?.?.?.?

I am sure we ALL have things we don't necessarily want our children to know about us. With all of the awful things a person can do, I just don't see pretending to lick a penis cake amounting to a hill of beans.

Remind me to leave most of your names off of my bachelorette party guest list. :crazy:

I've been called wild and crazy many o' times. :crazy: I would probably do this at a bachelorette party.

However, if the picture was then published all over the internet, in magazines, for all the world to see, I would be mortified and ashamed of myself.

I will not go into any details of what I did at my bachelorette party or those of friends. Suffice to say, those things are raunchy by nature.

For me, this is a non issue. She is 19, no longer under contract by Disney for a year now. I agree with all the posters who said it so much better than I.

My DD liked Miley as Hannah and enjoyed Miley as Miley as well (musically).

My DD is not reading celebrity news updates and has no clue about Miley's private life. Why? Because it is not appropriate for her to keep up with celeb gossip.

So whatever Miley does as a private adult individual, it does not affect my DD as DD knows nothing about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back