*GRAPHIC*Oh Hannah, Miley Cyrus & Pen*s Cake

I agree. I understand she's 19 and can probably squeek by with trashy behaviour like this - that's not what bothers me. She has a large following of very young girls and she knows it. Either act like an adult for your fan base, or stop catering to them. She shouldn't be able to have it both ways IMHO.

MOO and all that.

Mel
I completely agree, because my daughter is still a tween at 10, loved Hannah Montana. How do I explain to her that her "role model" is not appropriate without going into graphic detail about what she has done? This isn't Miley's first foray into the adult world- there were also the inappropriate father/daughter shots sitting on Billy Ray's lap, and the pictures of her smoking from a bong!!! I think she is headed after Lindsey Lohan. Another train wreck.:twocents:

This would be more appropriate at a bachelorette party imo. I must agree with tlcox. My little girls won't know about this because they are too young and are not allowed to follow star gossipy type news shows or magazines.

This would be more appropriate at a bachelorette party imo. I must agree with tlcox. My little girls won't know about this because they are too young and are not allowed to follow star gossipy type news shows or magazines.

But a birthday party for a young guy that age IS a lot like a bachellorette party. My sons friends, for his 21st, gave him a cake from a west hollywood bakery that had two guys, with no shirts on, hugging each other. They did that just for a joke, but his girlfriend did not kiss the cake or anything. LOL

On my husband's 4oth, his friends gave him cake that had 40DD breasts on top of the cake in chocolate fondant. LOL It was just a joke.

I have no problem with the cake, it is a young guys wild and crazy party. But Miley should not have been stupid enough to pose for those gross pix, imo.

I've been called wild and crazy many o' times. :crazy: I would probably do this at a bachelorette party.

However, if the picture was then published all over the internet, in magazines, for all the world to see, I would be mortified and ashamed of myself.

Haha-- awesome!! Your name is back on the list. :crazy:

I completely agree....I don't think I would ever do something like that if the picture were to be put out there for everyone in the world to see. But, then again, I have never been 19 with the whole world watching me, just waiting for me to do something they deem unacceptable.

But a birthday party for a young guy that age IS a lot like a bachellorette party. My sons friends, for his 21st, gave him a cake from a west hollywood bakery that had two guys, with no shirts on, hugging each other. They did that just for a joke, but his girlfriend did not kiss the cake or anything. LOL

On my husband's 4oth, his friends gave him cake that had 40DD breasts on top of the cake in chocolate fondant. LOL It was just a joke.

I have no problem with the cake, it is a young guys wild and crazy party. But Miley should not have been stupid enough to pose for those gross pix, imo.

I'll have to agree with you katydid23. I know teens and young adults do crazy things. Miley should have stayed away from having pics made. I hope her siblings and parents haven't seen the pics. :gasp:

My ex MIL used to send them, as well. One year we gave her a 'movie kit'; Jujubes, micro pop corn and other goodies. The film was Throw Mama From The Train [I found it on Amazon], never got any more movies from her. ;)

:floorlaugh: I'm sooo stealing this come MILs birthday! :floorlaugh:

LOL I am so glad I wasn't the only one that immediately thought this. I mean uh, well.... I'll be quiet now. :no:

Ok since we are confessing our first thoughts/reactions... Here is what mine was :blushing: :

Looking at the pic of the cake, WHAT is with that little black patch down at the "base" lol?! Like a little round patch of hair? I'm wondering if this is some new trend in "manscaping" that I'm out of the loop on!? :innocent:

Ok since we are confessing our first thoughts/reactions... Here is what mine was :blushing: :

Looking at the pic of the cake, WHAT is with that little black patch down at the "base" lol?! Like a little round patch of hair? I'm wondering if this is some new trend in "manscaping" that I'm out of the loop on!? :innocent:

I thought that the lesion at the tip looks potentially deadly :eek:
Don't touch it, Miley, it could be contagious!

I didn't even notice that. You must have studied that cake VERY closely, Gardenlady. :giggle:

I will not go into any details of what I did at my bachelorette party or those of friends. Suffice to say, those things are raunchy by nature.

For me, this is a non issue. She is 19, no longer under contract by Disney for a year now. I agree with all the posters who said it so much better than I.

My DD liked Miley as Hannah and enjoyed Miley as Miley as well (musically).

My DD is not reading celebrity news updates and has no clue about Miley's private life. Why? Because it is not appropriate for her to keep up with celeb gossip.

So whatever Miley does as a private adult individual, it does not affect my DD as DD knows nothing about it.

Exactly what I was trying to say! As parents we control what they see, so if they are seeing this kind of pic the parents are to blame, not Miley.
Miley will have to deal with any judgement of adults herself, but I'm sure she's used to it.

Let's face it...so many teens these days are already performing real oral sex on school buses and anywhere else they can. I think we should be more concerned with that, IMO and teaching our kids the right values so they don't just follow what their friends or celebs do.

And while she is adored by many tweens she also has a large adult audience....because she's NOT Hannah Montana anymore.

It took me a while to come out of the 'I like Miley' closet. And it was her movie that did it.

'The last song' is written by Nicholas Sparks (author of the notebook) and it's an amazing movie, with great messages for people of all ages.

I'm not sure how many kids as young as my DD would love it as much as she did but it's so much better than some of the other trash that's out there for tweens that focus purely on image and popularity. (but my DD is a deep young soul and also loves 'my sisters keeper')

I highly recommend watching the last song .....but be warned- Miley's character kisses a boy in it (OMG- the horror!) so you might want to avert your eyes for that bit. :innocent:

I get the boob cake but I dont get a penis cake for a guy..its weird! I have 3 sons 19-22, I can say for sure none of their friends would get them a penis birthday cake. for thier birthday. .boob or a creative vagina...maybe....penis no....Her licking the cake is not as weird to me as the cake itself for a guy.. To me it seems like she wanted the cake to bring attention to herself.

I get the boob cake but I dont get a penis cake for a guy..its weird! I have 3 sons 19-22, I can say for sure none of their friends would get them a penis birthday cake. for thier birthday. .boob or a creative vagina...maybe....penis no....Her licking the cake is not as weird to me as the cake itself for a guy.. To me it seems like she wanted the cake to bring attention to herself.

I know, right?? :crazy:

I wonder if the convo went like this:

Miley- Hey Liam! Let's go out for your birthday!! lol
Liam- OK, but you realize there will be papz everywhere...
Miley- So?? What if we really give them something to take pictures of??
Liam- Ok, w/e

jmo

I am not sure that Miley is the one who ordered that cake for him though.

My son's friends ordered his cake from a 'gay' bakery just as a joke. No penis on it though. lol Just two males with bare chests. It is just a stupid thing they do to each other as a hazing ritual.

ETA: He had just started dating his girlfriend, and she admitted that she was a bit 'confused' at first.

Um me. None of my friends ever licked or had a penis cake, either. Just b/c some people like raunchy stuff doesn't mean it's normal or that everyone does.

No, that just means not everyone does it, but it is certainly not abnormal to goof around in a sexually suggestive way as a young adult. Just because it's not normal for you doesn't mean it can't be harmless fun for others, even if you think it's raunchy. Is it smart and mature? No. But it's prudish imo to be so judgmental about a stupid cake. BTW it is bizarre to get a penis cake for a dude, as others have mentioned. There is probably some inside joke we are not in on.

Something calling itself the Culture and Media Institute has taken Ms. Cyrus to task for, basically, I suppose, perverting a nation's morals. Or something.

Miley Cyrus Blasted By Conservative Group For 'Disgusting' And 'Sleazy Behavior' (huffingtonpost.com)

The group mentioned in this article is going a bit over the top; Miley isn't responsible for the downfall of civilization. I guess I just always hear my dad's words 'Be sweet girl, be sweet'. He was a lot more Southern than I will ever be. :D If I had a daughter, I would want her to not act like this example of Miley, especially in public.

I thought that the lesion at the tip looks potentially deadly :eek:
Don't touch it, Miley, it could be contagious!

:floorlaugh:

I am around Miley's age, and really, I have seen so much worse than this from my peers. I don't think anyone would bat an eye if a similar picture was posted by a girl I know. Just an example: I have seen at least 6 girls post pictures of themselves with their pants pulled down, on the toilet. :waitasec: :sheesh:

If I were Miley I'd be wondering why my boyfriend had a penis cake. :dunno:

I'm not caught up with the thread, but that was my first thought too. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back