Haleigh possibly spotted in TN?

I don't think LE took it seriously, or it would be all over the news with pictures of the car.

Did we learn nothing in the "other" case about sightings when people would not stop the person who they felt had a kidnapped child in their possession or follow them to get their tag number, etc.? There are going to be tips like this one from coast to coast and unless they are verifiable...they are not deemed credible in any way. There is a reason for that!!

Anyone who felt like the little girl was actually Haleigh would have done more to secure her, imo. There would be photos of the child, the perp, the car, and people would have immediately called 911 to the scene before they could just drive away.

I do not believe for a second it was Haleigh. The person would not be stupid enough to stop at Carrabas for a nice dine-in Italian meal so casually and let people see her. I don't blame the man for trying to shield her after what happened to all those innocent children in the "other" case.

A waitress at Denny's recognized the Shasta with Joseph Duncan.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-08-27-idaho-murder_N.htm

It happens. I think it's insane to ignore tips of sightings. The Anthony case is not the Alpha and Omega of missing children's cases.

I should think the police will check up on ALL of these tips.

I think it's possible that if Haleigh is still alive she could have been in this restaurant. I mean, she has to be somewhere, right?
IF someone sis kidnap her, then they may have been testing the waters to see if they were recognized. I would like to know whether they actually ordered food, just used the bathroom, how far from the building they were parked, things like that. If this person has been on the run with a kidnapped child for 10 days, possibly sleeping in their vehicle, more then likely running on empty from exhaustion and paranoia, they might not know how much atention this case has garnered. IF this mysterious someone has her, they will eventually have to start taking her out in public. (stranger abductions are rare, strangers that keep the abductee locked in a basement for years, even rarer.) Maybe they were rying to see if they were far enough away from the scene of the crime yet.

ETA: I think that it would be a shame to learn anything from that "other" case, since nothing about was the standard.

Gosh, multiple witnesses all thinking the same thing, and noone makes a move. I can't understand it. I can tell you if I were there, and really thought it looked like Haleigh, and the man was acting weird, he would not have driven off without a fight. I know there would have been a strong possibility of my seeing the inside of a jail cell for the first time myself, but I don't know how I could live with myself if I didn't try and found out later that it was indeed her.

I think it's possible that if Haleigh is still alive she could have been in this restaurant. I mean, she has to be somewhere, right?
IF someone sis kidnap her, then they may have been testing the waters to see if they were recognized. I would like to know whether they actually ordered food, just used the bathroom, how far from the building they were parked, things like that. If this person has been on the run with a kidnapped child for 10 days, possibly sleeping in their vehicle, more then likely running on empty from exhaustion and paranoia, they might not know how much atention this case has garnered. IF this mysterious someone has her, they will eventually have to start taking her out in public. (stranger abductions are rare, strangers that keep the abductee locked in a basement for years, even rarer.) Maybe they were rying to see if they were far enough away from the scene of the crime yet.

ETA: I think that it would be a shame to learn anything from that "other" case, since nothing about was the standard.

My Bolding above
Yes, I am here in GA and I have not heard about this on the radio or tv, ever. If I didn't read WS, I would think that the case was unknown outside of FL. Actually, it may be unknown to a lot of people, sadly.

It is a good idea for me to think about how I would handle a sighting if I ever have one. I guess ask the adult if he has jumper cables and get in his face and insist that I need his help. Or would you just flat out say "That child looks just like ****, is that your daughter/son?"

Mmmmm...I live 15 miles from Knoxville-will definitely keep my eyes open!

My Bolding above
Yes, I am here in GA and I have not heard about this on the radio or tv, ever. If I didn't read WS, I would think that the case was unknown outside of FL. Actually, it may be unknown to a lot of people, sadly.

It is a good idea for me to think about how I would handle a sighting if I ever have one. I guess ask the adult if he has jumper cables and get in his face and insist that I need his help. Or would you just flat out say "That child looks just like ****, is that your daughter/son?"[/QUOTE

My husband said the same thing tonight. If he thought he saw someone that was missing. He would walk up and ask for jumper cables or for directions. if the person started acting strange he would grab the child and run.

I told him they would probley put him in jail.

My Bolding above

It is a good idea for me to think about how I would handle a sighting if I ever have one. I guess ask the adult if he has jumper cables and get in his face and insist that I need his help. Or would you just flat out say "That child looks just like ****, is that your daughter/son?"[/QUOTE

My husband said the same thing tonight. If he thought he saw someone that was missing. He would walk up and ask for jumper cables or for directions. if the person started acting strange he would grab the child and run.

I told him they would probley put him in jail.

If I really thought it was a child that was missing who I saw, I would do more than just take a picture... I agree with your husband.

I also do not thank that a kidnapper is going to take the chance of going to a restaurant like Carrabas for a meal...... McDonald's drive through is more likely.

If I really thought it was a child that was missing who I saw, I would do more than just take a picture... I agree with your husband.

I also do not thank that a kidnapper is going to take the chance of going to a restaurant like Carrabas for a meal...... McDonald's drive through is more likely.

If the man and child seen were seen in the Carraba's then I agree with you on that poco. In fact, that thought came to me as soon as I heard it. I wasn't sure if the man and child were seen inside or just outside of the restaurant.

Carraba's isn't a likely place for a kidnapper to stop for a meal IMHO. For one it's pricey (at least to me, I worked at one for about 3 months one time) and it's a dine-in restaurant. Draw too much attention.

I just saw Misty interviewed by Matt Lauer on the Today Show and he asked her about her "cousin who lived in TN". Misty answered that she "don't know if he is involved. He has been in and out of trouble his whole life." Matt was taken aback by her answer.

Transcript not yet available

Did we learn nothing in the "other" case about sightings when people would not stop the person who they felt had a kidnapped child in their possession or follow them to get their tag number, etc.? There are going to be tips like this one from coast to coast and unless they are verifiable...they are not deemed credible in any way. There is a reason for that!!
snipped

There is a HUGE difference between the "other" case and this one. 31 days, and decomp.

A tip in this case is a lot more credible then the Anthony case where we all knew it was either a set-up by the defense, or someone else on the save KC's a$$ train. :wave:

I don't think I'm ready to pin this on anyone in the family yet, and I'm hoping for the best outcome.

IMO

I just saw Misty interviewed by Matt Lauer on the Today Show and he asked her about her "cousin who lived in TN". Misty answered that she "don't know if he is involved. He has been in and out of trouble his whole life." Matt was taken aback by her answer.

Transcript not yet available

Dang, I missed the interview! Looking forward to seeing it when it is available though!

And, I agree with some of you here. IF Haleigh is still alive it is only a matter of time before somebody sees her! I pray to God that she is still with us!

snipped

There is a HUGE difference between the "other" case and this one. 31 days, and decomp.

A tip in this case is a lot more credible then the Anthony case where we all knew it was either a set-up by the defense, or someone else on the save KC's a$$ train. :wave:

I don't think I'm ready to pin this on anyone in the family yet, and I'm hoping for the best outcome.

IMO
I think perhaps my point was missed here. I realize the circumstances are different. However, if someone believes they are seeing a child who has been kidnapped with the abductor...are they going to wait a week to call it in or are they going to try to get an immediate response from 911 and LE to save the child? Tag number, photos of the perp, or anything to identify the abductor while dialing 911 to get them on the scene goes towards a credible tip.

We saw time after time in the other case where people did wait and they did not have credible information to back up their claims. EVER!

Do we know that the people waited...or did LE keep this as quiet as they could fo as long as they could?
And there have been a lot of cases where the person waited to call in a tip and it turned out to be credible in the end.
A lot of people are afraid of getting involved, for whatever reason.

I think perhaps my point was missed here. I realize the circumstances are different. However, if someone believes they are seeing a child who has been kidnapped with the abductor...are they going to wait a week to call it in or are they going to try to get an immediate response from 911 and LE to save the child? Tag number, photos of the perp, or anything to identify the abductor while dialing 911 to get them on the scene goes towards a credible tip.

We saw time after time in the other case where people did wait and they did not have credible information to back up their claims. EVER!

I see what you're saying on the time frame(if that's the case) and am glad you elaborated. I was unaware that this person waited that long knowing that they had seen a potentially abducted child.

I guess the only plausible circumstance would be if said person didn't know of Haleigh being missing at the time and when he/she found out a week later reported it.

Wasn't that sighting on Sunday and reported publicly on Wednesday...hardly a week.

Off Topic since this isn't about being a Wine & Food critic: Nice in the sense it is not some greasy-spoon. I didn't say expensive either, but to some people it is a bit pricey. I realize it is a chain, but I know many people who would only go to a Carrabas or Olive Garden on Birthdays or special occasions. The people in this case do not strike me as caring if it is a chain and would probably consider the food to be quite good. (I have had an excellent steak or two there myself. ;) )

I wasnt attempting to portray a wine or food critic, I was simply responding to Panthera's post with my thoughts on whether or not the restaurant was "nice".

Anyone who felt like the little girl was actually Haleigh would have done more to secure her, imo. There would be photos of the child, the perp, the car, and people would have immediately called 911 to the scene before they could just drive away.

I do not believe for a second it was Haleigh. The person would not be stupid enough to stop at Carrabas for a nice dine-in Italian meal so casually and let people see her. I don't blame the man for trying to shield her after what happened to all those innocent children in the "other" case.

Really? Do you recall whats-his-name bringing Shasta Groene back close to the same area he took her from? And taking her to a convenience store, letting her wander around? And then taking her to a Denny's restaurant where the waitress recognized her and then managed to get her talking until the police arrived and arrested him on the spot?
People who take little kids are not always very bright... and they do take chances, because their need to eat or stop to rest are stronger than their need to harm the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back