Haleigh possibly spotted in TN?

Off Topic since this isn't about being a Wine & Food critic: Nice in the sense it is not some greasy-spoon. I didn't say expensive either, but to some people it is a bit pricey. I realize it is a chain, but I know many people who would only go to a Carrabas or Olive Garden on Birthdays or special occasions. The people in this case do not strike me as caring if it is a chain and would probably consider the food to be quite good. (I have had an excellent steak or two there myself. ;) )

I wasnt attempting to portray a wine or food critic, I was simply responding to Panthera's post with my thoughts on whether or not the restaurant was "nice".

WHy are we so stuck on Caylee's case anyway? The only similarities I have seen are little girls missing in FL...
Don't we at least owe HALEIGH the respect of not drawing the constant comparisons between her and Caylee? SHe didn't choose her name or when she went missing.
This case is all about Haleigh and we need to keep it that way. IMO, we need to stop drawing comparisons between the most unusual case out there and what has happened to Haleigh.
Caylee is dead and gone, Haleigh might still have a chance.

i guess it was an anonomous tip?

it could have been a bogus tip from one of misty's family members to create a distraction.

i wonder if they interviewed whomever this person with the child was and cleared them, or if LE never found any evidence of them and can't confirm that they even ever existed?

When looking at current cases, we have lessons learned from previous cases to draw from. I happen to think the cases are similar in many ways. So no...I am not willing to overlook those lessons.

When discussing tips and sightings, they are only as reliable as the people reporting them and the manner in which they report them. This is only one lesson learned from the "other" case. It allowed innocent children's faces to be plastered nationwide across the media and encouraged lives to be turned upside down in the process.

I do hope the sighting in TN is real and would love for it to be Haleigh...except they have not found her yet. They do not appear to be changing the Amber Alert to reflect she could have been with this person in this car.

WHy are we so stuck on Caylee's case anyway? The only similarities I have seen are little girls missing in FL...
Don't we at least owe HALEIGH the respect of not drawing the constant comparisons between her and Caylee? SHe didn't choose her name or when she went missing.
This case is all about Haleigh and we need to keep it that way. IMO, we need to stop drawing comparisons between the most unusual case out there and what has happened to Haleigh.
Caylee is dead and gone, Haleigh might still have a chance.

Thank you! :clap:

Add: RIP Caylee

My Bolding above
Yes, I am here in GA and I have not heard about this on the radio or tv, ever. If I didn't read WS, I would think that the case was unknown outside of FL. Actually, it may be unknown to a lot of people, sadly.

It is a good idea for me to think about how I would handle a sighting if I ever have one. I guess ask the adult if he has jumper cables and get in his face and insist that I need his help. Or would you just flat out say "That child looks just like ****, is that your daughter/son?"[/QUOTE

My husband said the same thing tonight. If he thought he saw someone that was missing. He would walk up and ask for jumper cables or for directions. if the person started acting strange he would grab the child and run.

I told him they would probley put him in jail.

I live in TN (just outside of Memphis) and it has been on the news.

As for your husband getting arrested if he found someone and tried to run off with her until LE got there, well probably so. LOL We just had a local story where a man was in his house in his basement workign when he heard someone break in his front door. He looked through a crack unde the door and saw 2 pairs of jeans that he did not recognize. SO he used his cell, called 911 and ran out a basement door. The dumb criminals left their van running out front, so the man of the house, jumoed in the theif's van, and drove down the street in it. He had the 911 still on the phone and told them what he was doing. First you can hear the operator laughing at what the man had done, then she advised him to stop right where he was in the van because now HE was committing a crime and could be also charged with theft.

Well the police got there, theives had fled on foot but had left everythign behind. LOL I say HOORAY for this guy.

Really? Do you recall whats-his-name bringing Shasta Groene back close to the same area he took her from? And taking her to a convenience store, letting her wander around? And then taking her to a Denny's restaurant where the waitress recognized her and then managed to get her talking until the police arrived and arrested him on the spot?
People who take little kids are not always very bright... and they do take chances, because their need to eat or stop to rest are stronger than their need to harm the child.

I think the first thing I would do if I saw a child that I thought was missing was call that child by their first name (if I knew it). What child wouldn;t turn and look at you if you call them by their first name? Or adult for that matter. However that may not be a good idea as it would scare the kidnapper away, but at least you would know that it was the right child and give me a chance to get tag info as well as description of perp. Chances are pretty good if the perp is in close proximity, that he would run and leave child behind vs trying to carry her to the car and maek a get away.

Definitely not nice nor is it expensive. It's a chain restaurant with locations throughout the country. It reminds me of an Italian version of Applebees: terrible, pre-portioned food with a loud atmosphere. But I think most chains are like that:)

The Carrabba's in North Myrtle Beach, SC is far from an Applebee's type atmosphere. It isn't a place that I believe anyone in this family would be found dining especially with a nationwide hunt for the child in tow. I found Carrabba's to be exceptional and pricier than Applebee's but that has just been my experience.

I live in TN (just outside of Memphis) and it has been on the news.

As for your husband getting arrested if he found someone and tried to run off with her until LE got there, well probably so. LOL We just had a local story where a man was in his house in his basement workign when he heard someone break in his front door. He looked through a crack unde the door and saw 2 pairs of jeans that he did not recognize. SO he used his cell, called 911 and ran out a basement door. The dumb criminals left their van running out front, so the man of the house, jumoed in the theif's van, and drove down the street in it. He had the 911 still on the phone and told them what he was doing. First you can hear the operator laughing at what the man had done, then she advised him to stop right where he was in the van because now HE was committing a crime and could be also charged with theft.

Well the police got there, theives had fled on foot but had left everythign behind. LOL I say HOORAY for this guy.

o/t

I saw this, and cracked up...I say cheers to him, too! LE should be THANKING him! haha

HLN reporter gave a rundown of the sighting and he said a man and a woman were seen at carraba's in Knoxville. He said they left in a red RAV (?) and it appeared that they were shielding the girls face.

I don't think this was Haleigh.

i was sitting in the car at a gas station. my husband was putting air in the tire I sitting there looking at car in front of me. It was rr4 but it was white it was a tn tag from Putnam county Tennessee. I did get out and walk around it. my husband thought i was crazy.

i guess it was an anonomous tip?

it could have been a bogus tip from one of misty's family members to create a distraction.

i wonder if they interviewed whomever this person with the child was and cleared them, or if LE never found any evidence of them and can't confirm that they even ever existed?

From what I heard on HLN that said they called dispatchers after the sighting, so I assume it was 911 operator and there was more than one person. I wish one of these people would call NG and get on her show. Only way we are going to get any real info,.

I wish they would give a description of what the couple looked like.

My Bolding above
Yes, I am here in GA and I have not heard about this on the radio or tv, ever. If I didn't read WS, I would think that the case was unknown outside of FL. Actually, it may be unknown to a lot of people, sadly.

It is a good idea for me to think about how I would handle a sighting if I ever have one. I guess ask the adult if he has jumper cables and get in his face and insist that I need his help. Or would you just flat out say "That child looks just like ****, is that your daughter/son?"
I also live in Georgia and Baez would be shocked if he knew just what you said...that we both learn what we learn about Haleigh and Caylee from the Internet. It has been rare for the Atlanta stations to mention any thing even about Caylee...only when something really was a "bombshell" did I hear any thing out of Atlanta. I have to stay tuned to Headline News to get news from TV. Baez wants a change of venue...well,he could come to any part of Georgia and it would be for certain that people have NOT followed his case with Casey. Only if they have followed it on the Internet would they know more than the fact there was a litle girl in Fla who's mother is in jail for her murder.

My only problem with the releasing of the sighting is couldn't letting all this info out get the perp nervous and cause him to do something more drastic?

I would think if there was a sighting and LE thought it really was her they would make sure that it stays quiet until they find him to make sure he doesn't stash her/kill her out of fear of being caught with her. I mean, I know they have to take it seriously, but to release that it was Haleigh sighting, instead of - we are looking for this guy b/c his cousin named him - not b/c we think he has her... I don't know...just thinking letting something like that go national w/o confirmation, or photos or something to prove it was really her could cause someone who has already committed a crime think, "the jig is up, might as well go the whole way."

Then again, I'm new to following all this crime stuff and don't remember the sightings etc of the other children mentioned.

On JM FBI up in TN to look into cousin Joe and any leads.
With this guys known rap sheet, I fear if he took Haleigh,
Joe wouldn't be out dining with her.
Haleigh would be nothing but trouble to him, there is no LOVE
there.
If Joe took her, it was rage, revenge and I'm afraid Haleigh would be gone. IMO

I also live in Georgia and Baez would be shocked if he knew just what you said...that we both learn what we learn about Haleigh and Caylee from the Internet. It has been rare for the Atlanta stations to mention any thing even about Caylee...only when something really was a "bombshell" did I hear any thing out of Atlanta. I have to stay tuned to Headline News to get news from TV. Baez wants a change of venue...well,he could come to any part of Georgia and it would be for certain that people have NOT followed his case with Casey. Only if they have followed it on the Internet would they know more than the fact there was a litle girl in Fla who's mother is in jail for her murder.

No real coverage here in PA also.........I just go to HLN, FOX, NG, JVM.........and read here because nothing up here locally.
I never heard of JB til kc case.

My only problem with the releasing of the sighting is couldn't letting all this info out get the perp nervous and cause him to do something more drastic?

I would think if there was a sighting and LE thought it really was her they would make sure that it stays quiet until they find him to make sure he doesn't stash her/kill her out of fear of being caught with her. I mean, I know they have to take it seriously, but to release that it was Haleigh sighting, instead of - we are looking for this guy b/c his cousin named him - not b/c we think he has her... I don't know...just thinking letting something like that go national w/o confirmation, or photos or something to prove it was really her could cause someone who has already committed a crime think, "the jig is up, might as well go the whole way."

Then again, I'm new to following all this crime stuff and don't remember the sightings etc of the other children mentioned.

i think if LE had it's way......no info would be getting out. but they can't control what people say and keep them from giving interviews. i'm not sure how the sighting tip got out, though. i think i remember a reporter asking LE about it and LE actually confirmed it (shockingly), but i don't know how the reporter found out about it in the first place.

i think if LE had it's way......no info would be getting out. but they can't control what people say and keep them from giving interviews. i'm not sure how the sighting tip got out, though. i think i remember a reporter asking LE about it and LE actually confirmed it (shockingly), but i don't know how the reporter found out about it in the first place.

ITA...evn in the articles about the searches today, the reporter admitted that they followed LE from a paring lot to find out what they were doing and where they were searching. I think if they could just stop releasing info totally, they would.

On JM FBI up in TN to look into cousin Joe and any leads.
With this guys known rap sheet, I fear if he took Haleigh,
Joe wouldn't be out dining with her.
Haleigh would be nothing but trouble to him, there is no LOVE
there.
If Joe took her, it was rage, revenge and I'm afraid Haleigh would be gone. IMO

I'm sorry for the inference regarding Haleigh, but I have to agree with you. I do not believe there is any way he could keep a 5 yr. old quiet in a restaurant, or be bothered with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back