High profile atty Mark Nejame

Baez didn't control his client the way he should have.....she controlled him.

We may see more/worse spin than ever before if this defense guy is good. *cringe*

He wasn't very good at controlling himself either....IMO. He was doing 2-3 press conferences a day, putting all sorts of stuff out there. And the whole Padilla involvement. I'm certainly not a Casey fan, but she does need able representation, though given her lack of co-operation re locating Caylee, can't imagine why anyone would want to do it pro bono? Are there good public defenders there?

If Nejame has a single shred of good sense, he'll walk away from this high-profile opportunity. Trying to keep the Anthony's quiet and toeing the required legal defense party line just doesn't look possible to me. Cindy will want to call the shots and interfere and talk no matter who the lawyer is or how experienced he is. It isn't like he just takes on CASEY as a client, he's taking on the whole family.

Bad move if he goes for it. Not worth the headaches the profile would bring.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

Orlando lawyer Mark NeJame, majority investor in the downtown nightclub Tabu as well as an investor in other nightclubs, said he is surprised at Disney's announcement but that it could be good news for downtown Orlando.

"It's a real opportunity for downtown to continue its revitalization," NeJame said. "When Pleasure Island first opened, it devastated a lot of the local entrepreneurs and operators."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17382107/detail.html

Nejame's law firm was in the spotlight when he represented Fred Khalilian. Khalilian is best known for opening nightspot Club Paris at Church Street Station with hotel heiress Paris Hilton in 2004. Khalilian was accused raping a girl at his apartment after leaving his nightclub Dolce.

Just find it interesting that the lawyer they met with is also connected to the nightclub industry--- owning at least one nightclub (Tabu) that I can find and representing the former owner of Club Paris/Dolce

Mark NeJame
Managing partner, NeJame, LaFay, Barker and Tumarkin

He's short, he's pushy, he's funny, he's impeccably groomed – and in this town, Mark NeJame is a player. He's been a high-profile, media-savvy (he was once married to WESH-TV anchor Wendi Chioji) criminal defense attorney for years, unafraid to open his files to local media (us included) when he thinks it will help his client.

He defended I-Drive mogul Jesse Maali when the Feds accused him of being a terrorist, and for the last two years, he's had the thankless job of defending city commissioner Ernest Page. NeJame won the protracted battle over Page's disputed, and narrow, 2004 election victory, but for good reason – the law was clearly on his side. This year, with criminal charges hanging over Page's head, things might not be as easy. Still, if Page wants someone who can work the cameras as well as the courtroom, he went to the right place.

But more importantly, NeJame is a mover and shaker on the downtown scene. He's not just the majority owner of Tabu – which has been open longer than most of Orlando's nightclubs – but he's also an advocate for bar owners all over downtown and one of the leaders in the (now on hiatus) push for longer drinking hours. When that becomes an issue again – and it will – expect NeJame to be front and center, lobbying for the city to treat its citizens like adults.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/features/story.asp?id=10637

::personal side note:::
I have known Mark & the NeJame family since his early high school days. Mark's ex-wife, Wendi Chioji, who recently left her decades long anchor position at WESH-TV has been a longtime friend.
IMO - Mark is an in-your-face little spitfire that loves media attention focused on him & has taken on the criminal defense of some very sleazy & unpopular people. National media attention would be right up his alley. This guy doesn't need to like the client or even believe in their innocence - only, if he can win in court. He is savvy, demands control and he is expen$ive. BUT - could anyone control the likes of Cindy Anthony??? Who knows!

JMO - fwiw

Rummy :cat:

What I want to know about the current attorney, JB, is what is the deal with the sides of his hair? When he's on the screen all I can do is look at how his hair makes a sort of meandering outline. Oddly distracting. Maybe it's just me, but if anyone in Florida sees him let me know if this looks as strange in person as it appears on TV.

Looks like Eddie Munster....

Frankly, I dig this man. He is quick, smart, and doing his job. He can stand his own against NG. I respect a person who can speak without being interrupted by NG and not back down from her bullying. And he won't be baited into playing games. love it!

I prefer Greta over NG. IMO, NG is entertainment (opinionated)programming -not news.

I think he is doing a great job too. He presents himself well and is very articulate. Much better than that PR guy they hired...or someone hired. He was just awful!

If nothing else, the fact that Nejame didn't take Casey case as her defense attorney tells me that he's smart:).

He leads me to believe that he thinks that Caylee is gone and that CA and GA are in the grieving process.

NG can be awfully rude. Although Nejame may be a good lawyer, he looks too much like Dracula.

I like Mr. Nejame, too. He didn't back down to the pit bull one iota. She tried a couple of jabs early and found out quickly he wouldn't play her game so she treated him with more respect than she does most of her guests.

Yeah he's an ok guy, but to tell you the truth, the need for him is ridiculous and a waste of money. If Cindy and George would have just kept quiet to begin with and said "no comment" the need for a rep would have been nil. I dont see Caseys boyfriends and friends all over the tv blabbing it up. I think the Anthonys like "drama"

Yea, I watched him. Interesting a "non-profit" hired a very expensive criminal defense attorney, rather than a PR person. That "charity" must be rolling in the bucks.

Here's what I'm more interested in: Padilla says there will be something shocking coming out (one of these days). If it's true, Attorney N knows what it is. Heck, if Padilla knows, the Anthony clan knows, right?
I'll be watching to see just how he portrays the parents, now, and how he handles whatever the "news" is, especially if it has anything to do with his star clients.

He leads me to believe that he thinks that Caylee is gone and that CA and GA are in the grieving process.

Yup, and he's doing his job very well protecting his clients but NOT KC. He pretty much laid it out on the denial and grieving process aspect, which prolly comforts the nation, which is his slant, and in which maybe there will be less protests at their home. He also, in a way, acknowledges the fact that Caylee is dead and her grandparents are grieving. If this is via their mouths, kudos. Very effective for CA and GA...

I like Mr. Nejame, too. He didn't back down to the pit bull one iota. She tried a couple of jabs early and found out quickly he wouldn't play her game so she treated him with more respect than she does most of her guests.

The lipstick pit bull? :crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82