Hulk Hogan's son seriously injured another boy in car wreck

Hi speedy! lol

Have you watched Hogan's reality show? I wonder if they are still filming and this will be included. I hope nobody dies. These young kids think they are invincible.

Actually I haven't seen it (we don't have cable TV, only cable internet ;)) but I've heard of it and I wonder the same thing. I'm kind of guessing they will have to, being how this is probably what their lives will revolve around for now, and if not including it it pretty much would end the show... wouldn't it? Not sure because as I said I've not seen the show.

I hope they both pull through, too and will be able to live normal, happy lives afterward. After seeing the video footage of the wrecked car I was certain I'd come here this morning and find out they'd passed away. On CNN it's still being reported as seriously and critically injured, respectively.... thank goodness (even though 'thank goodness' sounds weird, I know).

Someone on the other thread said something like 'why give these young kids a car like that'.... I couldn't comment on that - because I couldn't make out what kind of car it was! Scary.

Yeah I thought they'd be merged too... probably will still happen and all this will be gone ;).

I thought too 'it must be an Ohio thing'.... LOL

I got it off the RSS feed of either CNN or Fox though, but that would have been so funny!

(ETA: about the deleting a thread thing, I think you can delete your thread when nobody else has posted to it yet. Not sure though, but I was going to see if I could figure it out.... lol).

I remember "Run's House" dealing with the death of their newborn, and it was very touching. Now that's reality.

I hope some kids learn something from this. I think Nick is probably very popular in his circle.

From People.com

was driving his yellow Toyota Supra

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20053359,00.html

I read that in the initial article too, but I have no idea what it looks like and I didn't get a chance to Google it... :blushing: Thanks, Amraann, I was curious to know what Nick looked like.

Also from this article:
According to a hospital source, the wrestler and his family are in a private waiting room as Bollea is being treated for "very serious, life-threatening" injuries. Hogan declined to address the media through a hospital spokesperson on Sunday evening, but plans to make a statement on Monday morning.

:(

I've watched this show extensively. Both Hulk and his wife are super obsessed and over-protective of their kids. If Nick pulls through (which I hope), I'm sure his parents will never let him drive ever again.

Ohhhhh we got merged.... :) :) *snuggles* LOL

Yay! lol

Paladin, I've watched the show too. This is going to be very difficult for them, as it would for any family, I guess. To think they were just seeing a marriage counselor and now this.

Maybe there's some kind of reality show jinx.

Yay! lol

Paladin, I've watched the show too. This is going to be very difficult for them, as it would for any family, I guess. To think they were just seeing a marriage counselor and now this.

Maybe there's some kind of reality show jinx.

I've not seen the show in over a year, but I really enjoyed it and I love this family. (Loved Run's House, too)

I've seen a couple of references about marital discord...do you know what that was ? Did they reveal what was at the root of it on the show?

I've watched this show extensively. Both Hulk and his wife are super obsessed and over-protective of their kids. If Nick pulls through (which I hope), I'm sure his parents will never let him drive ever again.

I think it's good that the parents are so protective of their kids. It's so much better than going the other way and allowing them to do anything they want.

I've not seen the show in over a year, but I really enjoyed it and I love this family. (Loved Run's House, too)

I've seen a couple of references about marital discord...do you know what that was ? Did they reveal what was at the root of it on the show?

I can't remember if they went into detail, but I remember Mrs. saying something about not accomplishing anything and now she wants to do something for herself, or with her life. Don't quote me, but I remember thinking "YOU RAISED TWO GREAT KIDS!!! What do you mean you haven't really done anything?!"

But then, I see her point too. Hopefully they got it all worked out.

At least they are in better shape than the Bonaduce's! (I hope!)

Thanks Taximom. That sounds like a likely scenario. I think alot of women that are in supportive roles of their husband- where things are centered around him in a big way- struggle when they get to their 40s and 50s and the kids are growing/grown and they wish they had accomplished more on a personal level (although I think that remaining happily married and raising great kids is huge!)

I always thought the Hogans (Bolleas) gave Nick much more leeway than Brooke. I do think the Hogans sincerely care about their kids. One thing about their family is that they're very tightly-knit. I'm sure they're beside themselves. I hope Nick's passenger recovers fully.

I think it's good that the parents are so protestive of their kids. It's so much better than going the other way and allowing them to do anything they want.

I think going to either extreme is a bad thing. In one of the episodes Hulk Hogan's daughter was permitted to stay at their pool house with another female friend (which was right down the road) and Hulk Hogan hired a guy dressed up in an air conditioner repairman outfit to spy on his daughter and make sure there was no alcohol or boys there.

I think that's a bit excessive, and I also think you'll find kinds lashing out and doing more careless things when you have an overprotective parent to compensate for the lack of freedom. It's like sending an indoor cat out into the world for the first time. It's sensory overload.

We live in a society today where more and more parents are, as George Carlin calls them, "diaper sniffers." Their children are placed on a pedestal. They can do no wrong. Awards and trophies are still handed out to players and teams that lose for fear that losing will cause them massive mental trauma. Children grew up just fine playing with BB guns and playing dodgeball, but in an age where you can get a lawsuit slapped on you just for looking at someone the wrong way, it's an era long gone. And it's .

The second these children make it out into the world on their own they're going to find out just how "special" they are.

From an interesting forwarded email I was sent:

THOSE born 1920-1979

READ TO THE BOTTOM FOR QUOTE OF THE MONTH BY JAY LENO. IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE---VERY WELL STATED

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants &children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because,

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms.......

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not poke out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good .

While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?'

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and delete this.

Hey Paladin
I love that forward! It comes from the Bucky Covington hit song "A Different World." Thanks for sharing :)
MG

Police identified Bollea's passenger as 22-year-old John J. Graziano of Dunedin. He remained in critical condition Monday at Bayfront Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.
The crash occurred on SR 60, which is a main drag through downtown Clearwater. Alcohol isn't believed to have played a part in the crash. Shelor said the crash remains under investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294666,00.html

I hope the passenger survives.

edited out something I read wrong.

Very sad.

I hope the passenger survives.

And they must not be keeping such good tabs on their kid if a 17 year old is driving drunk. How sad.

They are saying alchol is not involved.

Nick Hogan is in some serious *advertiser censored*.

Lucky to be alive after his near fatal car crash on Sunday, new details are emerging about his dangerous driving tendencies.

Nick was caught speeding earlier this month in Florida. He was going 82 in a 45 mph zone (at 10:30 AM). Oh, and he was speeding in a construction zone with workers present - which makes it worse).

He was also cited for failing to wear a seatbelt.

What a f____g idiot!

Hogan is due in a St. Petersburg court on September 10th for this previous incident.

If it is proven that he was speeding and/or speed racing, he will face far more serious consequences as a result Sunday’s crash. Hopefully the other passenger injured will make it through okay….so then he can sue Nick’s as hardcore!!!

Reckless motorists are awful!

www.perezhilton.com

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member