IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishbone,
sbm
What has me going today is the fact that my kids are all grown. I keep thinking about what if they were young and had disappeared? I'd be a basket case. How do these people go on day after day when their children have been gone for 2 weeks? I realize loved ones of the missing go through this all the time....I dont know if I could handle it.
imoo

I still fear it and mine are grown nearly too.

I don't care how old they get. To lose them, and to lose them by abduction, is my absolute worst nightmare to this day...and before you know it, you'll have grandkids to worry about too! I think you just stop thinking about it so often when they're big, but the fear is still there. For me anyway.

I also make sure to watch for kids around me...like take a slightly longer look than I once would have, check what they're wearing, who they're with, the body language, that kind of thing...and I wouldn't hesitate these days to butt in. I figure it's better being mistaken for a nosy old cow than hearing later about an abduction or murder you could've stopped.

:maddening:

For the bikes to be where they ended up it has to be somebody very familiar with that particular place on the trail regardless of when they got there. MOO

Drove to Evansdale again today. Cornbelt auctions is next door to Lederman's Big & Tall. JMO.. but I am almost positive there is only one survelliance video.

If the girls were going west toward River Forest Road, then I wonder if their intentions were to stay close to home and something happened nearby? Or they could have turned right to go to Lafayette Road and then go to the bike trail or down Evans.

JMO but I don't believe Mr. C saw the girls that day.

Jodi, I wondered about Mr. C's sighting too.
What if he confused that day with another day?
Not saying he did, just what if?

My son is a terrible cyclist and he can do a mile in 8 minutes. That's only 8 mph. Slow.

:lol:

maybe it's too cold.

I'm so bad with maths, and miles not km...forget it. :doh:

But thank you for that...that fits in perfectly then.

Little girls, bikes, average to zoomy speed like all regular bike riding kids do (I was one)...8 minutes gives them perfect timing to get to the pathway.

So it was an abduction actually AT the park. Someone's lying in wait, accounts for the "physical evidence" LE found...maybe cigarette butts?

All planned and perfectly executed by a person who thinks his mind is right, his head is straight, and his decisions are unemotional...

:sick:

The case is coming up on justice with judge jeanine on Fox news Chanel the show is on now.

I still fear it and mine are grown nearly too.

I don't care how old they get. To lose them, and to lose them by abduction, is my absolute worst nightmare to this day...and before you know it, you'll have grandkids to worry about too! I think you just stop thinking about it so often when they're big, but the fear is still there. For me anyway.

I also make sure to watch for kids around me...like take a slightly longer look than I once would have, check what they're wearing, who they're with, the body language, that kind of thing...and I wouldn't hesitate these days to butt in. I figure it's better being mistaken for a nosy old cow than hearing later about an abduction or murder you could've stopped.

:maddening:
Yes SS, I still worry about my adult children too. I also have grandkids (the best thing every lol) And I tell you what, I worry about them as much as I did my own when they were younguns.
You and I are a lot alike. I'm a nosy old crow too..lol....I would get involved at the drop of a hat if I saw a crime.....especially one that involved a child.

I pray everyday that these little girls find their way home.
imoo

Had to step out for a bit...was responding to a post in the last thread that is no longer there. Also, I see a quoted post concerning some Fred guy over on Jones and a farting bird. Funny because Jones Rd is very near my home. At any rate, I assume some posts were deleted for some reason.

There were other posts I would like to respond to, but the thread must have been closing right as I was getting back. I'm working my way through right now, but here's the first:

MotherOcean had said:
OK, so it sounds like the girls did not bike to the end of Lake, turn onto S. Evans and cut through the wooded area to get to the trail either by riding or pushing their bikes. It just doesn't seem possible that the girls could be on Lake between the time that they were seen on the video and the time that TG saw two bikes if those bikes belonged to the girls. They would have had to be on Lake Ave. after TG saw the bikes. What do you think would be the least amount of time it could have taken them to ride their bikes from the end of Lake Ave. to where the bikes were found? What do you think would be the most logical and/or shortest way for them to have gone?

I actually drove past the Collins' on my way home just now, then over to Evans, south all the way to Arbutus, and back up Lake to Gilbert. Saw a home for sale across from Lake on Evans/Arbutus (hard to tell where those two streets join exactly). I saw the green paddleboat that somebody had pointed out earlier, but now it was in the front yard of a home. It might have been right next to the house for sale, maybe a house down or so, but still, obviously that paddleboat, obviously well away from the lake at this point.

To answer your question, I would guess a girl on a bike could get from Lake and Arbutus to the spot where the bikes were found in under 30 seconds easily if they traversed the grassy area. It is slightly downhill, not too rough, would be a quick ride. I bet I could make it on foot in 10 seconds. However, whenever I'm there with my kids, they like to take Arbutus all the way to where the trail crosses, and race down and around the curve back to the wooded area. On here bike, fast as she could go, my daughter could likely make that trip in a minute. It's the equivalent of riding almost around a block.

As far as preferred or most-logical route, that is tough to say. My family's taken both. Coming from the lake, we almost always follow the trail to Arbutus, because cutting across the grass is slightly uphill and difficult with bikes/stroller vs staying on the asphalt bike trail. Sometimes when its just me and one of the kids, we'll cut across if we are trying to get home. But heading towards the lake, the only time I've ever cut across the grass is when I was out getting pics for this forum. We always just take Gilbert all the way to the skatepark, then hop on the trail and head south. (Again, you can sort of see why neither of these routes would ever include Lake Ave.)

I don't know how these people continue on with their lives. But I'm sure their lives are forever changed and nothing can ever fill the empty space of losing a loved one.

I imagine they are having trouble simply functioning when doing every day things. I admire that.
Don't you know they would love to turn back the clock.

For the bikes to be where they ended up it has to be somebody very familiar with that particular place on the trail regardless of when they got there. MOO

I agree. The bikes were found in what I understand is the only part of the trail that isn't in view of a road or someone's backyard. Sounds to me like someone was familiar with that particular area, IMO.

I don't know what to make of Lyric's mom. I remember my daughter's first psych hospitalization when she was 11. I knew exactly where she was those 10 days, but not knowing what was going on with her every minute killed me. Was she scared? Were they taking care of her? I remember how badly she just wanted to come home. I remember not smiling or joking around at all, I was so worried about her. And I knew where she was! So I really can not understand this at all. I pulled it together for my other child, and for her when I visited, but people could still tell there was something wrong.
I don't see the concern there, haven't once. Maybe she just has a strange affect for some reason, or hopefully it means they know something we don't, that the girls are ok and on their way home.

I am hoping the LE still watch the lake. landfills etc IF the perp(s) take the girls lives, good place to dump now that these areas were cleared.
This worries me.
Hoping and praying girls are returned safe.
I fear they know their abductor(s) and that is a liability.

I am hoping the LE still watch the lake. landfills etc IF the perp(s) take the girls lives, good place to dump now that these areas were cleared.
This worries me.
Hoping and praying girls are returned safe.
I fear they know their abductor(s) and that is a liability.

I hope so to, kinda why areas should be searched again.

I don't know what to make of Lyric's mom. I remember my daughter's first psych hospitalization when she was 11. I knew exactly where she was those 10 days, but not knowing what was going on with her every minute killed me. Was she scared? Were they taking care of her? I remember how badly she just wanted to come home. I remember not smiling or joking around at all, I was so worried about her. And I knew where she was! So I really can not understand this at all. I pulled it together for my other child, and for her when I visited, but people could still tell there was something wrong.
I don't see the concern there, haven't once. Maybe she just has a strange affect for some reason, or hopefully it means they know something we don't, that the girls are ok and on their way home.

I'm sorry I don't have a link handy, but did you see her sobbing in the video where she is sitting behind her sister when they were tossing flowers onto the lake? Yesterday or the day before I think. Maybe someone can find the link.

I think they are leaving the timeline, the descriptions, and the witness sightings all very vague. Maybe they do not want to spook anyone.

Abben said in the last presser that they want anyone who was at the lake anytime that day to come forward and talk to them. I have tried to find transcripts to the pressers and can't but I'm sure that is what he said. I think they are looking (or were at that time) for that one something that is going to tie it all together for them. They don't want anyone who may have been there that day to fail to speak to them because they think what they have seen, or not seen, has nothing to do with the girls. So, they are keeping the timeline open in order for no one to rule themselves out as being potential helps to the investigation. Someone could relay important info. even if they weren't at the lake during the specific time of the abduction.

Justice with Judge Jeanine Pierro - FoxNews TV - right now - about to cover the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname