ID - John Tuggle for rape, attempted murder of 12yo daughter, Shoshone County, 2005

kk's mom said:
He wasn't a violent person? Okay, 9 years in prison for statuatory rape? Sounds like the brother needs a serious reality check.
Statutory rape has to do with the age of consent, not violence. That it why it is called statutory. A 18 year-old boy who has sex with his 16 year-old girfriend can be charged with statutory rape. I think that it is understandable why his brother believed that this girl's father was not violent. How old was the wife's sister when they had sex? I don't understand why the Mother thought it was okay to let her daughter go with a man who served 9 years in prison and had no relationship with for ten years.

jannuncutt said:
Statutory rape has to do with the age of consent, not violence. That it why it is called statutory. A 18 year-old boy who has sex with his 16 year-old girfriend can be charged with statutory rape. I think that it is understandable why his brother believed that this girl's father was not violent. How old was the wife's sister when they had sex? I don't understand why the Mother thought it was okay to let her daughter go with a man who served 9 years in prison and had no relationship with for ten years.

I know what statutory is. The girl was only 14. The brother should no better. I don't understand the mother's thinking either. Good god, I just don't understand anymore.

Since we are not supposed to bash the victims, I think I'll avoid that. Mr. Tuggle probably gave her some song and dance about how he changed in prison and got religion and who knows what else. Maybe the little girl had always asked about her father and had a desire to have a relationship with him. I know, the mom should have gone along. That, at the least, is what I would have done. But I am not going to bash her. The mothre is hurting and paying big time for her mistake.

Anyway, the Idaho State Police and the Shoshone Sheriff's dept is out on ATVs, in search of this creep. Tuggle grew up in the area and is very familiar with it.

The Shoshone Sheriff is asking everyone who is going to be in the St Joe's, the Coeur d'Alene and the Lolo National Forests to be on the lookout for this monster. He has longer hair now and a goatee, if he hasn't shaved.

Great news this morning is that this piece of scum, John Tuggle, has been arrested! From what hubby heard on local news, Tuggle went into a convenience store in Wallace, Idaho, and someone recognized him and called 9-1-1.

I did hear that Sheriff Reynalds is due to have a press conference at 9:00 AM this morning.

At least now this little girl and her 11 y.o. brother can rest at ease that this monster is behind bars, where he belongs.

WALLACE, Idaho - A sex offender sought for a week in the near-fatal stabbing of his 12-year-old daughter has been arrested, a Shoshone County sheriff's dispatcher said Wednesday.

John R. Tuggle was arrested early Wednesday and was being held in the county jail in this Idaho Panhandle town, dispatcher Jim Shields told The Associated Press.

Details on the arrest will be released later, Shields said.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_072705IDBtugglearrestSW.14d2a5c2.html

Liz said:
Great news this morning is that this piece of scum, John Tuggle, has been arrested! From what hubby heard on local news, Tuggle went into a convenience store in Wallace, Idaho, and someone recognized him and called 9-1-1.

I did hear that Sheriff Reynalds is due to have a press conference at 9:00 AM this morning.

At least now this little girl and her 11 y.o. brother can rest at ease that this monster is behind bars, where he belongs.
Thank goodness!

Let's just hope they lock him up for life now instead of letting him out in another 10 years to torture another young girl.

I find it ironic that the Wallace, ID convenience store which Tuggle was spotted and videotaped in, is owned by the same man that owns the C-Store in Kellogg. The Kellogg store in which that now famous and frequently replayed video footage of the murdering, child predator, Joseph Duncan, is seen with little Shasta Groene.

Also ironic, that Shasta and Tuggle's daughter both attended the same school, Fernan Elementary in Coeur d'Alene, last year.

There is video footage available at this link:
http://www.kxly.com/new/getstory.asp?id=44553

Another shot of Tuggle at http://www.khq.com

I don't believe Tuggle's going anywhere for awhile. He's got a $10 million bond to post, which I feel is an amount he'll be unable to dig up. Thank goodness for that!

Praying Tuggle's 12 y.o. little girl will be able to fully recover from these heinous acts her monster of a father committed against her.

That is a bunch of weird coincidences. I wonder if he knew before he left for Idaho that it was the same school? I wonder if he had talked about Duncan to his brother? All the news about Duncan, being so close to his kids could have been what made him decide to take off for Idaho. Though I think his attack on his dau. was probably to get even with his wife for divorcing him.

they seem to be coming out the woodwork here lately. Whats the deal???????????

Liz said:
I find it ironic that the Wallace, ID convenience store which Tuggle was spotted and videotaped in, is owned by the same man that owns the C-Store in Kellogg. The Kellogg store in which that now famous and frequently replayed video footage of the murdering, child predator, Joseph Duncan, is seen with little Shasta Groene.

Also ironic, that Shasta and Tuggle's daughter both attended the same school, Fernan Elementary in Coeur d'Alene, last year.

I don't believe Tuggle's going anywhere for awhile. He's got a $10 million bond to post, which I feel is an amount he'll be unable to dig up. Thank goodness for that!

Praying Tuggle's 12 y.o. little girl will be able to fully recover from these heinous acts her monster of a father committed against her.
Thanks so much Liz for the info. and for the links.........

Her horror is unimaginable. Bless her. I just want to wrap my arms around her and tell her it will be OK. But I am not sure it will be. Lord, help these children. Please help them.

John Rollins Tuggle came into the Wallace Super Stop shortly after midnight.

"I asked if I could help him and he said he was looking for some hot dogs," said store clerk Sue Boren. "I told him I had some on the grill and he turned it down."

Boren called authorities after Tuggle, dirty and dressed in camouflage clothes and a red bandana, left the store.

Moments later, he was taken into custody near the old Wallace High School by Osburn Police Department officer Rich Dolson and Idaho State Police trooper Von Daniel.

The girl remains in stable condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.

Shoshone County Sheriff Chuck Reynalds said Tuggle hasn't cooperated with investigators.

Reynalds said investigators are still searching for evidence -- including the pocket knife used in the attack.

"We're trying to find his backpack and bow," Reynalds said, noting that it could be "just about anywhere in the woods."

Reynalds activated the Shoshone County Search and Rescue crews Wednesday to look for evidence.

Tuggle's car, which was discovered off a steep embankment near Bullion Creek Sunday afternoon, was searched by investigators but Reynalds said nothing of significance was found.
http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/07/28/news/news01.txt

Tuggle was on the run for nearly a week. Deputies said he was wearing camouflage clothes, a bandanna and a canteen on his belt when he entered the gas station in Wallace, a town of about 1,000. He was looking for hot dogs and acted jittery, store clerk Sue Boren told The Associated Press.

"He said he had not eaten in three days," said Shoshone County Sheriff Chuck Reynalds. "So much for living in the wilds of northern Idaho. Apparently he was not as proficient as he thought he was."

Boren remembered Tuggle's face from wanted posters and called deputies when he left the store without a vehicle.

"It is not hunting season," Boren said. "I thought something was suspicious about him."
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_3959152,00.html

mysteriew said:
Reynalds said investigators are still searching for evidence -- including the pocket knife used in the attack.

"We're trying to find his backpack and bow," Reynalds said, noting that it could be "just about anywhere in the woods."

Sheriff Reynalds was interviewed and he is asking campers and anyone in the area to be on the lookout for Tuggle's blue backpack and the high powered bow that Tuggle allegedly left in the woods somewhere.

Reynalds asked that if anyone spots those items, not to touch them; but to leave them be and notify law enforcement.

Liz said:

Please expound on this info. I knew the Wallace heir in an another life as well as the Kangeroo convenience store heir. I knew these guys were unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back