ID - John Tuggle for rape, attempted murder of 12yo daughter, Shoshone County, 2005

concernedperson said:
Please expound on this info. I knew the Wallace heir in an another life as well as the Kangeroo convenience store heir. I knew these guys were unbelievable.
Huh :waitasec: Lost here!

I'm so glad that people recognized this sleezeball & called the police. Who knows what other horrors he would have inflicted on another innocent child. That poor darling child. Her own father! :furious: Or I should just say "sperm donor"! He has no right being called a father. Fathers protect their children & provide for them. This slime did neither.

For anyone keeping up with this case, Mr. Tuggle is due in court on Thursday, August 4th.

Also heard that Tuggle's blue backpack and his high-powered compound bow have yet to be located, even though searchers had been brought out to try to find them.

This creep deserves the 'worst father of the year' award!

Liz said:
For anyone keeping up with this case, Mr. Tuggle is due in court on Thursday, August 4th.

Also heard that Tuggle's blue backpack and his high-powered compound bow have yet to be located, even though searchers had been brought out to try to find them.

This creep deserves the 'worst father of the year' award!

Liz, any idea what the charges are, and the expected sentence will be?

mysteriew said:
Liz, any idea what the charges are, and the expected sentence will be?

I just read in this Denver Post link that it's attempted 2nd degree murder.

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_2894856

That article has additional details about Tuggle, his ex-wife and his brother & family that he had been living with in Hayden, CO! Unbelievable facts in that article! :mad:

Meanwhile, I had checked at KHQ.com and there is a short article that the girl has been released from the hospital. It wasn't the 3-4 weeks that was originally announced she'd be hospitalized for. I wonder if "Mom" pulled her out early, due to finances, possibly? Praying that she becomes healed both physically and mentally, from her monster father's abuse!

Liz said:

That article has additional details about Tuggle, his ex-wife and his brother & family that he had been living with in Hayden, CO! Unbelievable facts in that article! :mad:

Meanwhile, I had checked at KHQ.com and there is a short article that the girl has been released from the hospital. It wasn't the 3-4 weeks that was originally announced she'd be hospitalized for. I wonder if "Mom" pulled her out early, due to finances, possibly? Praying that she becomes healed both physically and mentally, from her monster father's abuse!

He moved in with his brother, Chris, who has three children. Chris Tuggle also is a registered sex offender, Routt County Sheriff John Warner said.

No wonder his brother didn't think there was anything wrong with his bro going to see his kids. Chris Tuggle is living with his!

Liz said:

Wow..........I was way off base when I posted earlier. However, in my defense, who would think that his brother was also a registered sex offender? I really can't see how the Mother could not be aware of how dangerous this man was. :banghead:

mysteriew said:
No wonder his brother didn't think there was anything wrong with his bro going to see his kids. Chris Tuggle is living with his!

That was one part that really made me angry, but the underlined part of this quote made me livid.

Tuggle was sentenced to between 18 months and nine years in prison.

The parole board decided Tuggle should be held for the maximum time of nine years based on his attitude during an August 1996 parole hearing. "The subject said his parole plan is to parole to his wife's house," the board noted then. "He said he was mad and he wanted to get back at someone; his (female relative) was there.

"... He does not participate in programming (prison treatments) because the facilitators are 'idiots.' He said if he wants to get counseling, he will do it when he gets out of prison."

So, he more or less outright told them back in 1996, that he was mad and was going to 'get even'!

Just heard on the 5 o'clock news, that Tuggle did sexually assault his daughter; and that other charges are pending. This is the first time since the very first day they found the girl, that they actually came out and said that. I don't know how they are going to protect her identity. Maybe they told her that she needs to testify against him, if she wants him to be put away for life --- that poor little girl, yet such a very lucky little girl.

That man needs to fry!

Liz said:
That was one part that really made me angry, but the underlined part of this quote made me livid.

So, he more or less outright told them back in 1996, that he was mad and was going to 'get even'!

Just heard on the 5 o'clock news, that Tuggle did sexually assault his daughter; and that other charges are pending. This is the first time since the very first day they found the girl, that they actually came out and said that. I don't know how they are going to protect her identity. Maybe they told her that she needs to testify against him, if she wants him to be put away for life --- that poor little girl, yet such a very lucky little girl.

That man needs to fry!
Now I'm even wondering more so as to why her mother would have let her go with him! :doh:

Maybe something more may come out of this.......I hope not, but maybe there's a chance mom and him got together prior to his abduction.

Just a thought, as ugly as it may sound.

FBI test results confirm the 12-year-old daughter of John Rollins Tuggle was raped before she was found stabbed and left to die near Lost Creek, said Shoshone County Sheriff Chuck Reynalds.

Evidence gathered, however, doesn't pinpoint Tuggle as the sexual assailant, Reynalds said. Additional clinical tests will be required to name the attacker, he added.

Even without the final tests, Reynalds said the 12-year-old girl identified her father with the rape.

Additional charges for the sexual assault could be tacked to Tuggle's case by Shoshone County Prosecuting Attorney Michael Peacock. Tuggle is scheduled for a preliminary hearing at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at the Shoshone County Courthouse.

Reynalds said there's no indication a second party was involved with the July 20 attacks.
http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2005/08/03/news/news03.txt

Last night I heard that Tuggle has waived his right to a Preliminary Hearing. My guess would be that he knows he's totally screwed, since his little daughter lived and will be able to testify against him.

This guy is total scum.

Liz said:
Last night I heard that Tuggle has waived his right to a Preliminary Hearing. My guess would be that he knows he's totally screwed, since his little daughter lived and will be able to testify against him.

This guy is total scum.
Thanks from out here for the up-date Liz!

A convicted sex offender from Colorado, accused of taking his 12-year-old daughter into the Idaho woods and stabbing her, had been informed less than two weeks earlier that his ex-wife was seeking additional child support payments.

The Spokesman-Review newspaper of Spokane, Wash., reported Friday that a notice was mailed July 8 to John Rollins Tuggle informing him of a scheduled Sept. 6 Kootenai County, Idaho, court hearing.

Authorities have said the girl also was raped and his department is awaiting results of a DNA test to proceed with the investigation.

Court records show Tuggle was ordered to pay $100 per month in child support. In July 2004, his ex-wife petitioned for an increase to $287 per month, based on a recommendation by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. The state also asked the court on the woman's behalf to have Tuggle contribute to medical and day-care expenses of his two children.

Tuggle failed to respond and in January this year, the court approved the requested amounts and ordered Tuggle to pay attorney's fees in the case. Earlier this spring, that ruling was set aside pending further review when it was determined the higher child support payment was calculated only for one child when the couple has two.

The Sept. 6 court hearing was to consider an increased child support amount.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4815865/detail.html

So, it seems he was retaliating on the fact that he was ordered to pay child support. This is a total without any worth.It is a take and accept no responsibility for your action situation and his situation shouldn't be given any consideration other than what is provided under the constitution. After that has been considered, we shouldn't be looking for any more human factors because there won't be any.

August 5th story:

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_080505_tuggle-folo.443aaac2.html

I hope they aren't dropping the attempted murder charge!? :confused: I didn't see anything about it in the article! Sure makes me wonder if they don't feel they can get a conviction on that? Sheesh! He stabbed her 5 times, and the sheriff said he felt certain she was left for dead by daddy dumbest!!

Below are snippets from one of the most thorough articles on this case that I've read to date. Well worth the read, imo.

(Sheriff) Reynalds said the girl has told investigators that her father John R. Tuggle, 37, a convicted sex offender, sexually assaulted her. FBI tests confirm the girl was raped, though the federal law enforcement agency is waiting for additional test results before identifying the assailant.

Authorities say Tuggle, released from an Idaho prison in 2004 after serving nine years for raping his teenage sister-in-law, traveled to the town of Athol, Idaho, from Colorado on July 20, where he picked up his daughter at his ex-wife's house for what was to have been a shopping trip.

Hours later, the girl was found stabbed in the neck, chest and groin area lying in brush alongside a road in the Lost Creek drainage, about 35 miles north of Wallace. People searching for a campsite found her by following her cries.

Article can be read in it's entirety at http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/state/story/6777561p-6666744c.html

A registered sex offender accused of trying to kill his 12-year-old daughter last month now faces additional charges, including rape and kidnapping.

John R. Tuggle, 37, was arraigned Friday on the additional charges. He already had been charged with attempted murder and could face life in prison if convicted.

According to testimony from a sheriff's deputy Friday, Tuggle allegedly tied up his daughter, telling her he wanted to show her how to bind her younger brother.

He then pulled her to a meadow, held a knife to her cheek and raped her, the deputy said. The girl told authorities her father stabbed her five times and left her. She was found later that day by campers who heard her cries.

Tuggle, who was caught in Wallace after a weeklong manhunt, is being held on $10 million bail.
http://www.nynewsday.com/news/natio...,0,3837304.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

Today John Tuggle appeared in court and pled guilty to two counts. One count of rape and one count of kidnapping with a deadly weapon.

He could face two life sentences for his crimes.

A convicted sex offender accused of taking his 12-year-old daughter into a remote area - raping and stabbing her and leaving her for dead - pleaded guilty on Wednesday.

John Rollins Tuggle pleaded guilty in 1st District Court here to one count of rape and one count of kidnapping with a deadly weapon. He could face life in prison when he is sentenced on Nov. 7.

In exchange for the guilty pleas, the Shoshone County prosecutor's office agreed to drop charges of attempted murder and lewd and lascivious conduct.

Prosecutor Michael Peacock said the deal will help close the case and also protect Tuggle's daughter from having to testify.

"It was a terrible tragedy," Peacock said. "If we can minimize any further harm to the victim, it's one thing we have to think about."
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=ID Stabbing Manhunt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back