GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

if it involve's one of the children then i would suspect some one related to the "adult daughter who does not live in the home" just based on age. I think one of the articles said the oldest boy was in the 8th grade which seem young to be involve in this type stuff, but I guess you never know.

no gun used make me think it was something personal.

I think the person may be connected to the 16 year old daughter who just got her first boyfriend about a month ago.

imo

No gun was used. Well, that is different from the rumors flying around about gun shots, shell casings and bullet holes in the wall.

Perhaps the 3 YO will be able to tell authorities something that can break the case. I remember Bobby Cutts son was only 2 but he kept saying that "daddy put mommy in a rug"

I read where the oldest DD and her kids were put into protective custody. I thought that only happened to minors.

Maybe someone was owed money?

The case does seem remarkably similar to the Georgia murders, last month.

LE is saying that no family members are in protective custody.

I think the rumors are flying. Which isn't that uncommon when cases like this happens.

imo

Autopsies Complete on Murdered Beason Family Members.

A coroner in central Illinois says the autopsies have been completed on the bodies of the five family
members who were found slain in their home Monday afternoon.

Logan County Bob Thomas wouldn't release the preliminary findings, saying he wanted to discuss them with the sheriff. He says the results will likely be released sometime Wednesday. Thomas says the last of the autopsies on members of the Gee family were completed late Tuesday.

The bodies of Ruth and Raymond Gee and three of their children were found inside their home in the tiny farming community of Beason. Authorities have said the family members were homicide victims
but haven't elaborated. No arrests have been made.

http://www.wtax.com/Local-News/3248341?contentId=4743858

HLN is talking about this case now. So glad this case is getting national attention.

:rose: Justice for the Gee family. How sad :(

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/09/autopsies-show-5-slain-family-members-not-shot.html

Tension high in downstate town where family slain

September 23, 2009 6:47 PM | 12 Comments | UPDATED STORY

As police remained tight-lipped about the investigation into the brutal slayings of five family members in the tiny Central Illinois town of Beason, frustration is rising among some residents, worried that the lack of information could hamper the search for a suspect.

Three days after the family -- two adults and three children -- were discovered dead in their home, Logan County Sheriff Steven Nichols today would only confirm that they had not been shot.

The coroner's office said it has provided information on the causes of death to the sheriff's office to release at its discretion. A news conference is scheduled for 4 p.m. Thursday.

Killed were Raymond and Ruth Gee and three of their children, Justina Constant, 16, Dillen Constant, 14 and Austin Gee, 11.

A fourth child, 3-year-old Tabitha Gee, who is believed to be the only survivor of the attack, is in "stable" condition at a Peoria hospital, according to Nichols.

During a morning conference, Nichols also asked for the public's help in identifying a gray pickup truck seen Sunday night near Beason, a rural unincorporated community of about 200 residents 40 miles northeast of Springfield.

Yes, Dan, they made an arrest in the mass murder case in Georgia. It took them about 8 days to arrest Guy Heinz Jr, iirc. He is the son of one of the victims, Guy Heinz Sr. He made the 911 call stating he had just gotten home.

The DA is going to ask for the death penalty in that case.

imo

Do you know what the motive was?

Sources: Police searching for sharp-edged tool, cylindrical object

BEASON -- Authorities are looking for a sharp-edged tool and/or a cylinder-shaped object in connection with the slaying of five family members in Beason, The Pantagraph learned early Thursday.

Logan County Sheriff Steve Nichols could not immediately be reached for comment by the newspaper.

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_8d2d9d84-a917-11de-8ea0-001cc4c03286.html

Do you know what the motive was?

No, LE is keeping that case very close to the vest. I guess they are being extra careful since it is going to be a death penalty case and don't want anything out there where the defense attorney could say that Jr. has been prejudiced from getting a fair trial.

imo

cylindrical object=baseball bat??? (just a thought)... I hope they catch who did this soon...

cylindrical object=baseball bat??? (just a thought)... I hope they catch who did this soon...

I don't think it is a baseball bat, nurse. They are smooth all the way around. It has to be something that has a sharp edge on it like maybe a crowbar or a pry bar. Now my crowbar is smooth but my pry bars have four sharp sided edges around the cylinder shape.

Remember the Michael Peterson case? The wounds on Kathleen where pretty much the same and the object had a sharp edge. That is why they thought the weapon was a fire poker since it has sharp edges on the cylindrical part of the fire poker.

MEs are very good at giving LE a heads up on what type of weapon was used. It makes a distinct pattern on the skull and other areas that were hit.

imo

From Steve Huff:

ETA: there's also a mention that there is no truth to the rumors that family members are in danger.

FBI Behavioral Sciences Involved in Gee/Constant Family Massacre
http://trueslant.com/stevehuff/2009...nces-involved-in-geeconstant-family-massacre/

(snip)
The involvement of the BSU in this case as well as setting up a tipline may indicate police are struggling with that most troubling type of homicide, the random murder. While I haven’t been able to find any sign that the Logan County, IL sheriff’s dept. has called these murders random, signs are pointing that way.
That could mean there is a killer on the road. One that police fear may strike again

for this presser that is coming up in thirty minutes... does anyone have a link? I have tried several but not seeing anything pop up yet.

SuziQ,
I find what Steve Huff had to say about the behavioral unit very intersting (and scary to think about if it is the case re: stranger attack)

Stepfather: Discovery of bodies 'burned in the back of my eyeballs'

LINCOLN -- The stepfather of Rick Gee said Thursday that he is the one who found the family's bodies Monday afternoon. "It is burned in the back of my eyeballs," he told The Pantagraph.

"I am the one who found them," William "Pudge" Koehler said Thursday at his Lincoln home. He declined further comment and said he was just getting his first real sleep since the slayings

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_2ae0c5b6-a949-11de-85a1-001cc4c03286.html

State police crime scene investigators completed their work at the home Wednesday afternoon, Nichols said. They took hundreds of items from the home, including photos and DNA samples.

"The forensic evidence in this case is significant but will take time to complete," he said.

Nichols continued to decline to answer questions regarding the timeline of the deaths, where victims were found in the house and whether police think the family was targeted or victims of a random attack.

The Logan County Sheriff’s Office has scheduled another news conference at noon Friday at the Logan County Public Safety Complex, 911 Pekin St., Lincoln.
http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x1789527572/Tip-line-flooded-but-no-arrests-in-Beason-killings

Rick and Ruth Gee and three of their children died of blunt-force trauma, police said Thursday afternoon, as investigators formed a special task force to find the killer.
More than 100 tips have come into a special hot line set up to aid the investigation, police said at Thursday's press conference.
Police also confirmed that Tabitha Gee, 3, the lone survivor of the Beason attacks who also suffered blunt-force trauma injuries, was in critical but stable condition at a Peoria hospital.
But police declined to say what object (or objects) they believe was used to kill the family.
But police were looking for a sharp-edged tool and/or a cylinder-shaped object in connection with the deaths,
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_8d2d9d84-a917-11de-8ea0-001cc4c03286.html

Hello All!! I live in Decatur, IL and used to live in Lincoln, IL. This small, small, small town should not be subject to such a horrendous and unbelievable heinous crime. The news conferences here daily of course will still not state the type of death other than blunt force trauma. They have been flying planes overhead for 2 days prior to search for the obvious murder weapon. The fact of the truck was seen (different accounts a)just before the murders and b)just after the murders) is very well a stranger or someone that knew the family. It CAN NOT possibly be one suspect involved in these murders due to the way this occured. Had to be at least 2 perpetrators to beat 5 people to death. Very scary and eerie to even think about. We had a recent killing in Tuscola, IL where they robbed an old couple, tied them up stole their truck and then killing a sherrif trying to get away and then hence the big standoff in little town bank in Arcola,IL until they gave up. They came from Chicago????? Anyways, sorry to vent so long. Have A Great Evening. God Bless and everyone be safe!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back