GUILTY IL - 5 Gee/Constant family members murdered in Beeson, 21 Sept 2009

I may be wrong but I do think it is going to be one suspect.

imo

This is going to sound so cliche, but what about the ex-husband? Does anyone know anything about him, or his status? I haven't read a thing about whether he's alive, lives near the area, etc., etc.

Just thinking out loud.

As a matter of fact, it was the very first thing I though about when I saw the names the first morning on the news. The 2 oldest children had a different last name from the others. They have spoken not word one regarding him or any other suspect involved. They are 100% hush, hush, hush on any info to protect the investigation... Take Care

This is going to sound so cliche, but what about the ex-husband? Does anyone know anything about him, or his status? I haven't read a thing about whether he's alive, lives near the area, etc., etc.

Just thinking out loud.

I don't think Ruth was married when she had her two older children (Justina and Dillen). I am not sure they have the same fathers. Ruth's mother is a Constant so that must be Ruth's maiden name.

One's last name is Miller, the father of Dillen, iirc. They say he is devastated and lives in Lincoln.

The Gees had been married about 12-13 years so I don't think this had anything to do with an ex.

JMO

I don't think Ruth was married when she had her two older children (Justina and Dillen). I am not sure they have the same fathers. Ruth's mother is a Constant so that must be Ruth's maiden name.

One's last name is Miller, the father of Dillen, iirc. They say he is devastated and lives in Lincoln.

The Gees had been married about 12-13 years so I don't think this had anything to do with an ex.

JMO

It was just a thought I was throwing out there. It's just odd that this poor family was targeted by some unknown. It's racking my brain why this happened. I, too, live in a small town in Illinois and normally don't lock my doors. However, I have been since this happened. Even though Beason's about 2 hours away from me, it still gives me the heebeegeebee's.

Hello All!! I live in Decatur, IL and used to live in Lincoln, IL. This small, small, small town should not be subject to such a horrendous and unbelievable heinous crime. The news conferences here daily of course will still not state the type of death other than blunt force trauma. They have been flying planes overhead for 2 days prior to search for the obvious murder weapon. The fact of the truck was seen (different accounts a)just before the murders and b)just after the murders) is very well a stranger or someone that knew the family. It CAN NOT possibly be one suspect involved in these murders due to the way this occured. Had to be at least 2 perpetrators to beat 5 people to death. Very scary and eerie to even think about. We had a recent killing in Tuscola, IL where they robbed an old couple, tied them up stole their truck and then killing a sherrif trying to get away and then hence the big standoff in little town bank in Arcola,IL until they gave up. They came from Chicago????? Anyways, sorry to vent so long. Have A Great Evening. God Bless and everyone be safe!!!

It could easily have been one person who did this, depending on the time sequence of which victim(s) were at home. In other words, were they all there at the same time or did one or more arrive later after some were already dead? Did the killer attack them while they slept, perhaps? This would give him the element of surprise.

About ten years ago, we had a case out here in Southern Calif. where a man killed his wife, sister-in-law, the SIL's little daughter, then his son and his son's friend. Five people, killed by blows over the head with a large champagne bottle. Somehow he was able to surprise the first three victims, then he waited in the house for hours and ambushed his son and the friend as they walked, unsuspecting, in the front door. Very sudden and fierce blows must have rendered them unconscious, then he finished the job. The man then committed suicide by jumping from a freeway overpass into traffic.

The police suspect only one person killed the four people in Farmville, VA. in the current "horrorcore" music case.

Richard Speck was able to kill eight student nurses in a single night without arousing any suspicion or alarming any of them, in 1966. A notorious case.

I too, am leaning toward one person. It just happened in Georgia, last month. At least one man is accused there.

I am wondering how this family supported themselves. Evidently, the father did some home repairs, but wasn't actually what we would think of being a contractor.

They had a large family and perhaps some of the children got child support or disability payments, but they also have one in a mental health facility.

The mother was described as "stay at home," so I am just afraid that the dad might have been involved in something illegal. moo

I too, am leaning toward one person. It just happened in Georgia, last month. At least one man is accused there.

I am wondering how this family supported themselves. Evidently, the father did some home repairs, but wasn't actually what we would think of being a contractor.

They had a large family and perhaps some of the children got child support or disability payments, but they also have one in a mental health facility.

The mother was described as "stay at home," so I am just afraid that the dad might have been involved in something illegal. moo

I am not quite sure if the father only did odd jobs. The articles have said he was a contractor, so he may have worked in neighboring towns or counties. They did add that he also did odd jobs and I don't find that unusual because it would bring in extra side income.

I would think the incapacitated child's care was under some type of government funded program since she would be qualified as disable.

Justina was also said to have some mental difficulties so she could have received a check also.

The home they lived in looked very neat and well kept but I would think any remodeling that had been done to it would have been by the father that already knows how to do such things.

I don't think this is an outsider. I think this crime is very up close and personal and has nothing to do with what the father did for a living.

From all accounts everyone that lived there thought highly of all the family.

JMO

It was just a thought I was throwing out there. It's just odd that this poor family was targeted by some unknown. It's racking my brain why this happened. I, too, live in a small town in Illinois and normally don't lock my doors. However, I have been since this happened. Even though Beason's about 2 hours away from me, it still gives me the heebeegeebee's.

I can understand and what we have always felt comfortable doing may not be the best way now to protect us if something happens right out of the blue. No matter who did this, I think they knew the Gees doors were left unlocked.

Crimes themselves are senseless. It is hard for any of us to wrap our mind around why anyone would do something like this.

I do not know who the suspect is but I do think LE has a suspect in mind.

These crimes are very brutal where the perp would have to come right up close to each of the victims. Usually when that happens then the crime is one of rising anger, hatred and vengeance. I feel someone knew these people intimately even if it was only for a short while.

I see a rejection happened of some kind for some reason. Just a gut feeling and nothing more and a monster out for revenge of "I'll show you who is in control."

imo

Justina's new boyfriend. My immediate impression is that of Justina in conflict with her parents and developing a plan with an Illinois version of Sammy McCloskey to off her parents--and perhaps became a victim herself.

Just my take, my opinion, whatever.

from the presser: LE described the exhaust pipes as coming straight up out of the bed of the (small) truck between the cab and the tailgate of the truck.. toward the rear wheel wells.

If the perp drove this truck... I can see them being sawed off by this point in time!

The daily pressers have been suspended according to LE. There is no reward currently being offered other than crimestoppers.

I am worried!

from the presser: LE described the exhaust pipes as coming straight up out of the bed of the (small) truck between the cab and the tailgate of the truck.. toward the rear wheel wells.

If the perp drove this truck... I can see them being sawed off by this point in time!

The daily pressers have been suspended according to LE. There is no reward currently being offered other than crimestoppers.

I am worried!

Don't get discouraged. Remember in the Georgia case it took them about a week to make an arrest.

I don't know how fast Illinois is about getting preliminary lab results back but they should start receiving some of the prelim reports around Monday.

imo

Don't get discouraged. Remember in the Georgia case it took them about a week to make an arrest.

I don't know how fast Illinois is about getting preliminary lab results back but they should start receiving some of the prelim reports around Monday.

imo
thanks Ocean! I agree about the lab tests and reports.. I was actually referring to sleuther interest (and outside readers who show interest in the case)... I just want to keep this one alive.. it is so sad isn't it?

thanks Ocean! I agree about the lab tests and reports.. I was actually referring to sleuther interest (and outside readers who show interest in the case)... I just want to keep this one alive.. it is so sad isn't it?

It most certainly is.

I am a little shocked that this case has not garnered more activity on it but then a lot of cases are happening at the same time so that may be one of the reasons.

I just want the police to find out who did these unspeakable things so that justice can be given to the Gee family.

imo

I'm following this thread, but there just really isn't much to say anything about yet. When more info comes out, there will be more discussion.

I believe one perp could accomplish this crime under the guise of a robbery by holdin everyone at gunpoint while he ties or tapes victims or has the victims tie or tape each other. After all are rendered helpless he then proceeds to slaughter them with blows to the head, one after the other. This beast as to be stopped ASAP. No doubt LE was searching surrounding properties for murder weapon. This could have been something as gruesome as a hatchet or an axe. God help this small town recover although it will never be the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back