IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember any local posting they were searching for the girls that night.

Maybe, but I can assure you that's not where I seen it. I'm pretty sure it was on WS, maybe it's been deleted since for that reason...

Maybe, but I can assure you that's not where I seen it. I'm pretty sure it was on WS, maybe it's been deleted since for that reason...

It was here because I haven't read anything else in weeks. I definitely remember the lighter blue shoes. Was it on the bank of the creek? You could tell the person who took that photo was standing above it quite a bit.

As far as the PO- I think he could be ruled out if the police would just say that his fish story alibi is accurate/real. Does someone know what they have said about that? That would pretty much clear him I would think- and stop the speculation and irrational threats against him.

Odd that they said something to the affect of things told to them as not adding up as the reason to search his house. Apparently he left out the transfer station trip- but that was at 11 a.m. on the 13th for around five minutes supposedly- and would not be a factor time wise with anything having to do with the girls, so- yes a factor that he broke probation rules, but not a reason to massively search his property?

So, what is being said about his whereabouts from 2-6:30 on the 13th? If his alibi checks out, why doesn't LE make that clear- or have they and I have just missed it? If so, then of course we should just move on. If not, it's a huge question mark that leaves suspicion on him- and I don't know why LE would do that- or why his attorney couldn't release the evidence to the public.

That is why I am still hung up on the PO. If someone will give me info about a confirmed alibi, I will be so happy to never speak of him again, except to wish him well.

Could it be in #1Nana's pictures? She was there later. I posted a link to all her photos today, but they are also in our links thread.

It was here because I haven't read anything else in weeks. I definitely remember the lighter blue shoes. Was it on the bank of the creek? You could tell the person who took that photo was standing above it quite a bit.

Agreed.
A) I believe LE released it in hope that someone would recognize him or someone wearing that clothing on that day.
B) We on this website are playing with the images trying to coax out additional details since it is most of the concrete evidence we have to play with.

I believe some on this website are not understanding why others on this website and in SM are editing the pictures.

No the FBI doesn't (I hope) need us to edit the pictures. By that logic, they also don't need us to talk about the case on this website. Yet, we are all here.

No we don't believe the prosecution will hold up our edited photo with wild purple colors and hidden unicorns in order to get a guilty verdict. We are all just trying, in our own way, to figure this thing out using the best skills we have.

BBM I could just hug you for this post!!! Thank you for expressing my heart in working on the pictures!:loveyou::daisy:I have been starting to feel a bit beat up.

I just want to clarify my original post. I wasn't commenting on posters here that are working on the photos at all! I love those posts! I was just answering a bunch of posts that said that LE wouldn't dare doctor the photo because it would be "a defense attorney's dream" I think one poster said. So, please, do not think for one minute that I was criticizing any of the work done here, or the sleuthing, I am fully addicted to this site and think we are all here for good reasons!

Maybe there should be a caveat added by WS administrators following "You may sleuth what is public record, including past criminal or legal history. You may discuss whether or not you feel his voice or appearance match the evidence shared by LE." ***Do so at your own risk of persecution by fellow posters! For the most part I am scrolling and rolling past post after post of people's sympathies towards RL, his dog, his horses, his home. I can agree to disagree and will do so by scrolling past what I don't agree with.. I'd appreciate the same in return.

Thank you, really, Thank you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's why i'm sure it was here too, they were standing on the bridge looking through the slats of the bridge. I remember you could also see the persons legs taking the photo.

Why? You found something no one else has mentioned that I'm aware of and you did a good job. Until the LE people make any announcement of significance what else is there to talk about but new things people notice about pictures and people. I hope you will continue with your image work because I've found it really intriguing.

:daisy:Thank you, bemused, for the kind words and many other WSers have been very nice about it too. But many do believe that we ought not mess around with what LE has given us and I think that came through tonight especially. And as I am the one who most recently has been fiddling with the images and talking about them too, I felt the sting just a little.

As far as the PO- I think he could be ruled out if the police would just say that his fish story alibi is accurate/real. Does someone know what they have said about that? That would pretty much clear him I would think- and stop the speculation and irrational threats against him.

Odd that they said something to the affect of things told to them as not adding up as the reason to search his house. Apparently he left out the transfer station trip- but that was at 11 a.m. on the 13th for around five minutes supposedly- and would not be a factor time wise with anything having to do with the girls, so- yes a factor that he broke probation rules, but not a reason to massively search his property?

So, what is being said about his whereabouts from 2-6:30 on the 13th? If his alibi checks out, why doesn't LE make that clear- or have they and I have just missed it? If so, then of course we should just move on. If not, it's a huge question mark that leaves suspicion on him- and I don't know why LE would do that- or why his attorney couldn't release the evidence to the public.

That is why I am still hung up on the PO. If someone will give me info about a confirmed alibi, I will be so happy to never speak of him again, except to wish him well.
Alas, there has been no information from LE directly confirming or debunking his alibi. We do know they have "cleared" some people, but they have NOT cleared RL nor have they NAMED him as a suspect. Very much in limbo at this point.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I just want to clarify my original post. I wasn't commenting on posters here that are working on the photos at all! I love those posts! I was just answering a bunch of posts that said that LE wouldn't dare doctor the photo because it would be "a defense attorney's dream" I think one poster said. So, please, do not think for one minute that I was criticizing any of the work done here, or the sleuthing, I am fully addicted to this site and think we are all here for good reasons!

Can I just say :loveyou:?

Thank you, bemused, for the kind words and many other WSers have been very nice about it too. But many do believe that we ought not mess around with what LE has given us and I think that came through tonight especially. And as I am the one who most recently has been fiddling with the images and talking about them too, I felt the sting just a little.

I'm sure I have driven everyone mad with my theories on the pictures but we are all still talking about BG and keeping this case alive and that can only be a good thing...

BBM I could just hug you for this post!!! Thank you for expressing my heart in working on the pictures!:loveyou::daisy:I have been starting to feel a bit beat up.

I also want to add my thanks to everyone who has tried to decipher the image. True, the FBI isn't requesting help but we are here sleuthing and learning. I've learned about compression and artifacts I had never heard of before. The more you (and others) work with these images, the more we (not in the field) all learn. I look at this entire process as a guessing game. Trying to put all the puzzle pieces together.

ETA it's very late in France so please...off to bed with you :run:

Totally concur with your thoughts in the first two paragraphs. As for the third paragraph, IDK, where I live in France, hunting is a sacred right and it is we who are to look out for them as they have the right to hunt everywhere. Unless you specifically post a "no hunting" sign, they can cross your land. They cross ours all the time. I suppose there are rules about public areas though, to be fair. But the land *advertiser censored* the creek is private, so anyone on that land would be trespassing. I imagine, but wouldn't know, that you are allowed to hunt on your own land?

Oh wow, I had no idea hunting was such a huge thing in France. There's definitely a lot of laws around it in the US- many places require a hunting license, you can generally only hunt certain things during certain seasons (dear hunting is huge in the Midwest and it's a well defined season for it, I think in the fall? The shopping malls and such have even capitalized on this and have sales for what they call "Deer widows weekend", all the women left at home while their husbands are out for the opening of deer hunting season). You can definitely hunt on your own land if you're the owner, obviously there's trespassing issues if you're on private property that isn't yours.

I'm unsure about the specifics as far as where people can and can't hunt. I think it varies by location. Like I heard a neighboring city has been having issues with deer (on the roads and such) because hunters are forbidden from shooting them anywhere within the city limit which may even include private property though I'm not sure about that part.

Interesting how different culture can be. Must have been what, about a decade ago when our Vice President at the time somehow shot one of his friends while on hunting trip. I'm not sure we ever got clear specifics on how that happened but here it seems the safety stuff is heavily the burden of the folks doing the hunting. Of course that may be culturally related to all the major issues the US has with gun violence as well. But that's also why hunting licenses are a thing and hunters safety classes are often a requirement to getting the license itself. But all the specifics of that are going to vary from one state to another and maybe even from city to city. Certainly would imagine hunting is a pretty common past time in an area like Delphi though. There's a big divide here between rural and suburban areas and the views on hunting and owning guns in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, bemused, for the kind words and many other WSers have been very nice about it too. But many do believe that we ought not mess around with what LE has given us and I think that came through tonight especially. And as I am the one who most recently has been fiddling with the images and talking about them too, I felt the sting just a little.

You continue to fiddle with the images as many of us enjoy the work with them you are doing. Those that don't find value in image examination are certainly free to scroll right on by them. Jmo

I think the deer stand someone located could be interesting.
My goodness yes!
I heard about this before but didn't want to venture to the land of SM when I think it was talked about there for some reason.
I go there very little it irritates me, I'd rather read and talk with WS.

IIRC, that post was a tease. Never said what he/she had "discovered".

It was me that made that post and I didn't "tease" anyone.I found the correct filter and I see alot,including what is under his chin.Everyone was so consumed with slinging spears and discussing RL's BAC and his dog that my post was ignored so if no one was interested why put it out there.

RL is not my dad or a relative. This man is a complete stranger and I find it odd. I was accused of picking nits for having an opinion I found the word odd. Are we only allowed to have opinions that agree with other because I'm confused by the hoopla my one opinion seems to have caused.
I go off to work and your here causing "Hoopla" without me!!!!
I'm hurt, truly I am.
I hope you cause some more tomorrow.[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

:daisy:Thank you, bemused, for the kind words and many other WSers have been very nice about it too. But many do believe that we ought not mess around with what LE has given us and I think that came through tonight especially. And as I am the one who most recently has been fiddling with the images and talking about them too, I felt the sting just a little.

Totally understandable why it's easy to take a negative comment personally. I think what you are doing is fine because nothing you're doing to those images for the purpose of comparison is going to result in anyone being arrested, tried, convicted or imprisoned for a double murder. That's why nothing said, thought or done here is going to matter for the purposes of LE doing their jobs. I understand this is an emotional case and people get upset, but I don't think it's cool to denigrate anyone's opinions or efforts. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member