IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, but if we hide the girl, we also do cleanup in the apartment. I was born at night. But, not last night.

If you hide the evidence (dead body) long enough that cause of death cannot be determined, then there is no proof that she died of an OD on the drugs that were found in her room. So, no need to clean up her room.

Moreover, no way to link drugs found in her room with any particular person. Not like they sat there with a credit card receipt. Again, no need to clean up her room.

I am familiar with HB - went there several times in undergrad and had friends who were friends with the owners. Either one of the two owners was always bartending when I was there. It's a small place and I think they would have absolutely remembered if LS was there that night. There were also definitely a crowd of regulars...I just can't imagine she would have gone unnoticed. But I respect putting this out there as a theory so much. WS has (very earnestly) gone over the same facts and theories again and again.
Yeah, again just running a theory across.

If you google the House Bar, there is an alleyway that leads to the backyard of House Bar, where I have heard students would sometimes cut through to avoid LE (or such). If LS went to the corner of College and 11th, as JR said he watched her do... she could have gone the OPPOSITE way across
College and been in that alleyway, about a twenty or so yard walk.

I was told that House Bar would occassionally have after hour get togethers, and the informal atmosphere of the bar was appealing to certain regulars.

The House Bar is closed down now, and whether LS and her crowd ever frequented the place, I still don't know.

But one theory is that perhaps LS wandered in that direction, and encountered someone before ever being seen by the bartenders, or anyone who may remember?

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=73431

It depends on what crime they believe and can try to prove was committed.
Do they believe it was murder? Was it rape? Was she alive when taken away?
If she was alive? That is abduction.

On the other hand, you have a friend over and she dies from a drug OD.
You put her in your car, take her to Indianapolis and dump her in the White River. This is not a Federal Crime. But, there is a State Crime called Abuse Of a Corpse. It is a minor felony if you can prove someone had sex with a dead body or mutilated the corpse. But, if you have dumped an intact body, I'm not sure you will face a criminal penalty in Indiana. At least, not much of one.

But now I must argue that drug OD does not make sense. So, now let's play you are a drug dealer. You must hide the girl because you don't want them to determine there are drugs in the body that you gave her. So, you hide her, yet leave a bag full of white powder in her room. This just does not make sense because you could have access to that room to clean up because all POI are friends of the roommate. One would not hide Lauren because of a drug OD, yet leave the drugs they supplied in her possession.

I'd bet the bag was planted because friends of Lauren insist she was not into hard drugs just a few weeks before she disappeared. And, one does not start with coke by buying by the bag full.

This story contains a great lie which we must disprove to get justice for Lauren. Someone must believe a crime was committed.

What evidence do they have, indeed? And I agree with your last line. The next step is unraveling the 'big lie". Now, what do you think the biggest lie is?

Yeah, again just running a theory across.

If you google the House Bar, there is an alleyway that leads to the backyard of House Bar, where I have heard students would sometimes cut through to avoid LE (or such). If LS went to the corner of College and 11th, as JR said he watched her do... she could have gone the OPPOSITE way across
College and been in that alleyway, about a twenty or so yard walk.

The way she was, there is no way on earth she could walk alone at 4.30 AM without keys to go to her apartment. This theory makes no sense, because it never made sense that she left at 4.30 AM alone. That account is essentially impossible.

I'd bet the bag was planted because friends of Lauren insist she was not into hard drugs just a few weeks before she disappeared. And, one does not start with coke by buying by the bag full.

This story contains a great lie which we must disprove to get justice for Lauren. Someone must believe a crime was committed.

What bag are you referring to? I never heard about a bag before. That's interesting.

What evidence do they have, indeed? And I agree with your last line. The next step is unraveling the 'big lie". Now, what do you think the biggest lie is?

More people who knew Lauren need to defend her. And, coke fits in more with the gangsta subculture than what she was into.

I was told that House Bar would occassionally have after hour get togethers, and the informal atmosphere of the bar was appealing to certain regulars.

The House Bar is closed down now, and whether LS and her crowd ever frequented the place, I still don't know.

But one theory is that perhaps LS wandered in that direction, and encountered someone before ever being seen by the bartenders, or anyone who may remember?

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=73431

So LS was headed over for a chess match, perhaps? Sounds like a hip place and not what they claim she was seeking.

More people who knew Lauren need to defend her. And, coke fits in more with the gangsta subculture than what she was into.

It is the misogynistic culture. IMHO The Spierers' did an excellent job of presenting her multi dimensional personality and character. It is a shame that her associates have neither responded to that nor do they seem to care.

The way she was, there is no way on earth she could walk alone at 4.30 AM without keys to go to her apartment. This theory makes no sense, because it never made sense that she left at 4.30 AM alone. That account is essentially impossible.
You are quick to dismiss new theories. Why would it be impossible for her to walk the opposite way across College? What "state" was she in?

Some people confuse 'blacked-out' with 'passed out', she may very have well walked out of JR's like he says.

Or are you just entirely convinced Lauren never left JR's, period?

So LS was headed over for a chess match, perhaps? Sounds like a hip place and not what they claim she was seeking.

I will cease with the rumors.

Once again, I was told that JW may have had a history of ending up there late night and that Lauren may have gone that way looking for him.

Just a theory, that's all :)

I'm not following the planted evidence line of thinking. Who, realistically besides the boyfriend, would have had the opportunity to plant the drugs? And to what end?

Maybe if someone was desperate to throw the police off track someone might do that I guess... But that would mean drugs weren't directly involved with what happened but you want the police to think she was mixed up in drugs and her disappearance was somehow drug related.

But if her disappearance WAS drug related in any way who'd want to risk planting evidence that might even be traceable? ...Let alone now connect you to the disappearance?

What bag are you referring to? I never heard about a bag before. That's interesting.

The bag of coke was mentioned in this article:
http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use?nclick_check=1

From my admittedly limited observation of drug users,

1. People from all social classes use many different types of drugs, including cocaine.
2. Persons who are addicted to cocaine (and cocaine is VERY addicting) find it almost impossible to have cocaine available and not use it all up.

The bag of coke was mentioned in this article:
http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use?nclick_check=1

From my admittedly limited observation of drug users,

1. People from all social classes use many different types of drugs, including cocaine.
2. Persons who are addicted to cocaine (and cocaine is VERY addicting) find it almost impossible to have cocaine available and not use it all up.

But, you don't start out as a beginner, buying it by the bag. There were numerous people over who could have left it there.

You are quick to dismiss new theories. Why would it be impossible for her to walk the opposite way across College? What "state" was she in?

Some people confuse 'blacked-out' with 'passed out', she may very have well walked out of JR's like he says.

Or are you just entirely convinced Lauren never left JR's, period?

Yes, theoretically she could have walked out, but I think that was essentially impossible. Why? Because if CR who was in much better shape than her could not continue partying and had to be "put to bed" by his roomate, there is no way that she could.

I am convinced that LS never left JR's. I am not convinced she ever made it there.

But, you don't start out as a beginner, buying it by the bag. There were numerous people over who could have left it there.

IMHO, if a person has a bag of it in their apartment, it is more likely to indicate that the person plans to sell it than that the person plans to use it. Yes, some users are also dealers who sell to support their own habit, but they usually try to sell it quickly before they use it all themselves.

Also, the report did not state the quantity in the bag. Sometimes a bag may contain just enough for one day's supply.

80,640 hours - perhaps they are having the PsOI wait, keeping them off balance, seeing who will crack or make a deal....

To rephrase this, I hope LE is able to make effective use of this delay. It seems CS was hinting at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769