IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it is interesting that the media is not mentioning any of the other persons who have disappeared in the central Indiana area during the past several years. Delays in identifying remains must be difficult for their families too.

In my (somewhat limited) experience with remains found in the Midwest, identification happens pretty quickly. I really doubt a bureaucratic issue is the cause for the delay here but I am definitely open to being totally wrong about that. I have called about every single body found in the area that we had speculated here might be LS for fear it might be my missing friend, and I have always found out really quickly that it's not. And the people I spoke with - coroners or detectives assigned to the case, etc - were totally open to giving me info about the body even as a random friend of a missing person. Jupiter, the fact that no one would talk to you about the details when you called makes me wonder if they're being quiet for a reason.

This is MAJOR guessing based on zero evidence, but what if August 21 is, for instance, after the private memorial service and burial of the remains which have already been positively identified but the ne not released to the public?

If the skull turns out to be lauren.....IF...my theory has DB had opportinity and the location of the skull very close to the route he would have driven on his way back home to Michigan.

80,640 hours - perhaps they are having the PsOI wait, keeping them off balance, seeing who will crack or make a deal....

For comparison sake, it took about 3.5 weeks for LS to be eliminated (publicly at least) as a possibility for the remains found in Newton, IL last March. I still don't think they've found an identity there, but were able to determine the sex was male.

Sidenote-
Another skull discovery was made last week in Springville (20 miles south of Bloomington). No real reason to suspect it ties in to this case, but figured it can't hurt to throw it out there as something else to keep an eye on.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archives/2012/08/two_partcial_skulls_found_in_b.php

LE would not keep an identity secret in order to taunt perps, or to do more searches. That just does not make any sense.

LE would not keep an identity secret in order to taunt perps, or to do more searches. That just does not make any sense.

From the media? From the public? From websleuths? From Cluciano? Who said anything about the identity being kept from people who matter?

CS seemed to emphasize in hours, even, how agonizing that is, as if the perps would identify. I think this is more likely than waiting for a memorial service. Seems to me memorials usually require people to know about the find.

I was reading an old timeline of events http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2011/06/lauren-spierer-disappearance-puzzles.html

and I ve seen something that is remarkable when someone thinks about it in light of what came out later. From that link:

Around 3:10, the couple should have arrived at Cory Rossman's apartment. Rossman's roommate, Mike Beth, claims he put Rossman to bed. Beth says he was sober and up late working on a paper. Spierer allegedly wanted to keep on partying so she apparently left Rossman's apartment to visit Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum lived two doors down.

So, based on this, LS who was in worse condition than CR when they left Smallwood (based on later reports and video) and who had lost her keys in the alley a little earlier, could continue partying, while CR was put to bed by his roomate. Hello? Something does not make sense here?

I was reading an old timeline of events http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2011/06/lauren-spierer-disappearance-puzzles.html

and I ve seen something that is remarkable when someone thinks about it in light of what came out later. From that link:

Around 3:10, the couple should have arrived at Cory Rossman's apartment. Rossman's roommate, Mike Beth, claims he put Rossman to bed. Beth says he was sober and up late working on a paper. Spierer allegedly wanted to keep on partying so she apparently left Rossman's apartment to visit Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum lived two doors down.

So, based on this, LS who was in worse condition than CR when they left Smallwood (based on later reports and video) and who had lost her keys in the alley a little earlier, could continue partying, while CR was put to bed by his roommate. Hello? Something does not make sense here?

Perhaps that's why Bo said “A lot of those stories don’t line up, and there’s a lot of conflicting statements.”

http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...ered-away-after-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use

I wonder if the PsOI were given immunity from drug charges. It seems that several of them have admitted using that night. I also wonder if the possibility of drug charges was the reason so many of them hired lawyers.

Perhaps that's why Bo said “A lot of those stories don’t line up, and there’s a lot of conflicting statements.”

http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...ered-away-after-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use

I wonder if the PsOI were given immunity from drug charges. It seems that several of them have admitted using that night. I also wonder if the possibility of drug charges was the reason so many of them hired lawyers.
They pretty much have to be caught using drugs to be charged.

If this is Lauren, what do you think LE does next? What will we hear next that we hadn't known prior?

And if it is not Lauren, then what? The 80,640 hours is extended...?

Here are a couple things I found interesting from the article: http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...ered-away-after-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use

On the night she vanished, Lauren Spierer’s eye was starting to blacken, she had smacked her skull, lost her keys, her shoes, her cellphone and her ID, and had to be carried up the street on the back of a guy she had met just a week earlier who told friends he had designs on her.

He refused, and Rosenbaum said he let her walk out, barefoot, alone and incoherent.

-The part I made bold has CR carrying her up the street(I assume the ally) to 5 North yet a short time later JR says she walks out.
-The article also states LS's eye is starting to blacken. Yet another report stated CR was seen the next day without any indication of a black eye. So, in a short period of time LS gets a black eye, yet CR gets punched and the next day and no black eye.

Interesting first sentence in the article Ros linked to above: "On the night she vanished, Lauren Spierer’s eye was starting to blacken, she had smacked her skull..."

I presume the writer doesn't know to what extent she "smacked her skull" but I wonder if it was impact enough to leave an observable dent. Quite possibly, but would it be considered an "injury" to the experts?

The other thing about the skull is supposedly one can often tell right away by the sutures whether the age of the victim is under or over age 30.

I'm not holding my breath any more. I called the Marion County coroner's office to ask about their timeline for reporting results. The receptionist said the ONLY person who can speak about this case is Chief Deputy Ballew and Ballew is out of the office until Aug 21. "Even to the media?" I asked. She said yes.

"Until Aug 21" sounds like a vacation, not a professional conference, so all bets are off as to whether we'll even hear results of the preliminary testing "this week."

FWIW to clarify what the receptionist said the other day, and because she sounded so adamant, I asked if the senior deputy could speak on behalf of Ballew since she would be out and she said no, ONLY (again) Ballew. Willis is one of her deputies and is the one who was quoted in the most recent Lohud article, which referred to her as "senior deputy." Independent of the more important issues we've all been talking about about results of the skull, it may be that Willis spoke out of turn and there was an internal smackdown.

If this is Lauren, what do you think LE does next? What will we hear next that we hadn't known prior?

And if it is not Lauren, then what? The 80,640 hours is extended...?

It depends on what crime they believe and can try to prove was committed.
Do they believe it was murder? Was it rape? Was she alive when taken away?
If she was alive? That is abduction.

On the other hand, you have a friend over and she dies from a drug OD.
You put her in your car, take her to Indianapolis and dump her in the White River. This is not a Federal Crime. But, there is a State Crime called Abuse Of a Corpse. It is a minor felony if you can prove someone had sex with a dead body or mutilated the corpse. But, if you have dumped an intact body, I'm not sure you will face a criminal penalty in Indiana. At least, not much of one.

But now I must argue that drug OD does not make sense. So, now let's play you are a drug dealer. You must hide the girl because you don't want them to determine there are drugs in the body that you gave her. So, you hide her, yet leave a bag full of white powder in her room. This just does not make sense because you could have access to that room to clean up because all POI are friends of the roommate. One would not hide Lauren because of a drug OD, yet leave the drugs they supplied in her possession.

I'd bet the bag was planted because friends of Lauren insist she was not into hard drugs just a few weeks before she disappeared. And, one does not start with coke by buying by the bag full.

This story contains a great lie which we must disprove to get justice for Lauren. Someone must believe a crime was committed.

It depends on what crime they believe and can try to prove was committed.
Do they believe it was murder? Was it rape? Was she alive when taken away?
If she was alive? That is abduction.

On the other hand, you have a friend over and she dies from a drug OD.
You put her in your car, take her to Indianapolis and dump her in the White River. This is not a Federal Crime. But, there is a State Crime called Abuse Of a Corpse. It is a minor felony if you can prove someone had sex with a dead body or mutilated the corpse. But, if you have dumped an intact body, I'm not sure you will face a criminal penalty in Indiana. At least, not much of one.

But now I must argue that drug OD does not make sense. So, now let's play you are a drug dealer. You must hide the girl because you don't want them to determine there are drugs in the body that you gave her. So, you hide her, yet leave a bag full of white powder in her room. This just does not make sense because you could have access to that room to clean up because all POI are friends of the roommate. One would not hide Lauren because of a drug OD, yet leave the drugs they supplied in her possession.

I'd bet the bag was planted because friends of Lauren insist she was not into hard drugs just a few weeks before she disappeared. And, one does not start with coke by buying by the bag full.

This story contains a great lie which we must disprove to get justice for Lauren. Someone must believe a crime was committed.

According to Indiana law, if someone dies of a drug overdose, if certain drugs were involved (including cocaine), the person(s) who provided those drugs could be charged with murder.

According to Indiana law, if someone dies of a drug overdose, if certain drugs were involved (including cocaine), the person(s) who provided those drugs could be charged with murder.

OK, but if we hide the girl, we also do cleanup in the apartment. I was born at night. But, not last night.

Under Indiana Law, an intoxicated person cannot consent to anything legally. So, if they persuaded her to try drugs after drinking, we may have murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal