IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not holding my breath any more. I called the Marion County coroner's office to ask about their timeline for reporting results. The receptionist said the ONLY person who can speak about this case is Chief Deputy Ballew and Ballew is out of the office until Aug 21. "Even to the media?" I asked. She said yes.

"Until Aug 21" sounds like a vacation, not a professional conference, so all bets are off as to whether we'll even hear results of the preliminary testing "this week."

I'm not holding my breath any more. I called the Marion County coroner's office to ask about their timeline for reporting results. The receptionist said the ONLY person who can speak about this case is Chief Deputy Ballew and Ballew is out of the office until Aug 21. "Even to the media?" I asked. She said yes.

"Until Aug 21" sounds like a vacation, not a professional conference, so all bets are off as to whether we'll even hear results of the preliminary testing "this week."

No, I don't believe that at all, that is a LE rouse if I've ever heard one.

No way are the authorities going to tell the Spierer family that test results are going to be returned by the week's end, and then say that the only person who can speak on this is on vacation.

No way!!

(good job on the phone call ;)

So its the end of the week and they still haven't said anything? On a skull with intact teeth should have taken a day or two to compare dental records and rule her in or out.
Are they not telling parents anything either?
It's mind boggling to me.

No, I don't believe that at all, that is a LE rouse if I've ever heard one.

No way are the authorities going to tell the Spierer family that test results are going to be returned by the week's end, and then say that the only person who can speak on this is on vacation.

No way!!

(good job on the phone call ;)

They did not say the results will be returned this week. All they said was that the coroner will evaluate the pathology report this week and DNA test to follow.

https://twitter.com/@NewsOnLaurenS

It sounds that it will take some time until DNA results are known.

My guess is that the dental records were a match and that the news release process may be delayed, to allow for additional searches and investigations. No other way to explain this delay.

I wonder how closely the stories of JR and MB fit. CR (allegedly) does not have a story to tell. I also wonder if LE has ever followed up on DB to find out if he was 1) in town that early on June 3 and if 2) his story fits with those of JR and MB and if LE ever searched DB's car.

CR's car was searched, so apparently LE did not find significant evidence in his Jeep, or else they did not find enough to make an arrest.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-09-missing-indiana-student_n.htm

The only thing they have to agree about is the arrival time at JR's. Agree on the time and they are done.

They did not say the results will be returned this week. All they said was that the coroner will evaluate the pathology report this week and DNA test to follow.

https://twitter.com/@NewsOnLaurenS

It sounds that it will take some time until DNA results are known.

My guess is that the dental records were a match and that the news release process may be delayed, to allow for additional searches and investigations. No other way to explain this delay.

The family would be told. The identity of a victim would not be withheld for that reason, IMO.

All along I thought that JR and MB might have simply decided to cover up for someone else (another POI), taking the word of that POI as true. So, in their minds they might have thought they were doing the right thing to protect a friend who did "nothing wrong".

In my opinion there 2 keys pieces of the story among the many:

1. The fact that her personal items were found in the alley. This suggests that something serious happened there. The police have never disclosed what the "activity" recorded in the cameras was. I would not be surprised at all if LS died there and then. Or that an assault against her started there and was completed somewhere else.

2. The fact that one POI claimed "memory loss". Although theoretically possible, that strongly suggests some sort of wrongdoing. Taken together with the fact that this POI never agreed to talk to police (that is my understanding from what I read), this creates huge questions and doubts.

I should have read about tracking dogs much sooner. Then, I would have understood her parents position and opinion earlier. It may be a dog that solves this case. Water dogs can find you underwater more than a year later.
Robotic cameras and divers follow after them.

Is this where near Tallboy heard the scream? Allegedly heard the scream? He's no longer alive to confirm or deny this scream!

Who is Tallboy? Or, do you only know him by his handle? Where was he when he heard a scream? Does the hill mean Pigeon Hill which is about a mile west of Rosenbaum's.

"Lauren Spierer’s parents’ quest for answers may end this week as new tests shed light on the gender, ethnicity and age of a skull found last month in Indianapolis, the Marion County, Ind., Coroner’s Office told The Journal News.

The information should be included in a pathologist’s report that the Coroner’s Office is expected to receive this week, Senior Deputy Coroner Michelle Willis said.
“Hopefully we can at least know some preliminary findings, like race and gender,” she said."

I'm starting to suspect they were so sure it WASN'T her that they did NO testing at all until someone lit a fire under their ---es. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that.

I'm starting to suspect they were so sure it WASN'T her that they did NO testing at all until someone lit a fire under their ---es. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that.

Most people never expected her to be taken to Indianapolis. I hope her family gets an answer very soon.

I think one of these must be true

1. The Spierers have been told it is likely not or definitely not LS but no one is telling the news media.

2. There must not be anything about the size, sex or tooth order that rules out LS.

2. There must not be anything about the size, sex or tooth order that rules out LS.

Very wrong. Dental records are easily accessible. I am sure LS had a dentist and they have x-rays on record. If the teeth on the skull are intact (as the articles mentioned), all it would take would be to x-ray the teeth and compare them to a copy of the LS's x-rays that can be send overnight from NY. The whole thing can be done in 2-3 days.

If there is a match in the dental records, it would be almost certainly LS. But to be 100% unequivocally sure, one would need DNA (done using PCR with material taken from the tooth). And it has been mentioned in the press that DNA analysis will be done. There would be no reason to do a DNA test, unless there are strong indications that the dental records match. Just my opinion and guess.

1. The Spierers have been told it is likely not or definitely not LS but no one is telling the news media.

1. They would not feature the story on the family Facebook if they knew it was false.

2. True, and hopefully they get more answers soon.

Very wrong. Dental records are easily accessible. I am sure LS had a dentist and they have x-rays on record. If the teeth on the skull are intact (as the articles mentioned), all it would take would be to x-ray the teeth and compare them to a copy of the LS's x-rays that can be send overnight from NY. The whole thing can be done in 2-3 days.

If there is a match in the dental records, it would be almost certainly LS. But to be 100% unequivocally sure, one would need DNA (done using PCR with material taken from the tooth). And it has been mentioned in the press that DNA analysis will be done. There would be no reason to do a DNA test, unless there are strong indications that the dental records match. Just my opinion and guess.

I think taking so long to get the testing done is a very cruel torture to Lauren's family and friends. The government should be ashamed of themselves for this.

And it is interesting that the media is not mentioning any of the other persons who have disappeared in the central Indiana area during the past several years. Delays in identifying remains must be difficult for their families too.

The thing is, NOBODY recalls seeing her, not at that crucial moment, anyways.

I got to talking with a lot of really caring people during the whole PT saga, some of you from here on Sleuths.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure how WS policy is concerning the posting of rumors, BUT...

I was told that JW sometimes would hang out at HB, and there is a possibility that LS went looking for him there after she left JR's.

I am familiar with HB - went there several times in undergrad and had friends who were friends with the owners. Either one of the two owners was always bartending when I was there. It's a small place and I think they would have absolutely remembered if LS was there that night. There were also definitely a crowd of regulars...I just can't imagine she would have gone unnoticed. But I respect putting this out there as a theory so much. WS has (very earnestly) gone over the same facts and theories again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592