IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #36

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member
__________________________________________________ ___________

Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35

Last edited by a moderator:
p
Hunting Regulations | eRegulations
here's what is illegal to hunt from May30-June 10 in Indiana:
red or gray fox
coyote or striped skunk
raccoon or possum
wild turkey
frogs
turtles
rabbits
quail
pheasant
deer
squirrel
then it opens up to frogs June 15 (along the creek)
and turtles July 1. (along the creek)
Wild turkeys won't come in til mid April of the next year.
Everything else starts in Oct and varies but all end by, April, mid May.

So mushroom seasoned has ended, and no hunting allowed in the area and time of our crimes.

now for a weather report, brb
Just realized after rereading my post from 2 years ago that Jill Berman was abducted Labor Day weekend and her remains were found 2 years later by mushroom hunters.

So it has been 7 years. The next few weeks would be an important time for LE to watch the bars around closing, even for amateur sleuths to keep an eye out May 3 thru Jun 11. Failure of LE to link the crimes and almost twice the years passed may make our killer on the loose take another chance.
Unless he is incarcerated somewhere or maybe too old to commit abduction, rape, murder and concealment by himself
<modsnip>

From the Herald Times: "Fingernail clippings cut from Wilson’s right hand during her autopsy contained traces of her own DNA and that of an unknown male, not Messel."

IU student Hannah Wilson was murdered in April 2015. It's been 7 years. I have little faith in Indiana police to solve Lauren's case nor the Delphi murders. I have always thought it is highly likely DM could be responsible for Lauren's disappearance. Possibly the answer lies in the unknown male DNA.

Testimony concludes in Daniel Messel's trial

How to Become a Verified Member
__________________________________________________ ___________

Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35
love you Bessie

p

Just realized after rereading my post from 2 years ago that Jill Berman was abducted Labor Day weekend and her remains were found 2 years later by mushroom hunters.

Actually a father and son were scouting turkey hunting locations, not mushroom hunting. See: Who killed Jill Behrman?

"March 2003, the investigation into Behrman's death took a dramatic turn. A man and his son, out scouting turkey-hunting locations, made a discovery that upended the case.
Jill Behrman's bones, most of them anyway, were found off a lonely stretch of asphalt in rural Morgan County, traveled mainly by people who live there.
Past three telephone poles west of the Duckworth and Warthen road intersection, dense brush lines the streets and acts as an informal "No Trespassing" sign
."

and:

Could 8,000 pages of police reports in Jill Behrman murder mean new trial for John Myers?

"The search for her continued until her body was found by a turkey hunter in a Morgan County woods in 2003."

After all of our sleuthing...
the maPs, timelines, triangulations, we know, or should know, Laurens killer is DM.
and/or the unknown male, who's DNA is in Hannah's fingernails, on DM's shirt, pants, shoes, the steering wheel of his car, and the grass at the crime scene.

Or the two cases may be completely unrelated.

Last edited:
Actually a father and son were scouting turkey hunting locations, not mushroom hunting. See: Who killed Jill Behrman?

"March 2003, the investigation into Behrman's death took a dramatic turn. A man and his son, out scouting turkey-hunting locations, made a discovery that upended the case.
Jill Behrman's bones, most of them anyway, were found off a lonely stretch of asphalt in rural Morgan County, traveled mainly by people who live there.
Past three telephone poles west of the Duckworth and Warthen road intersection, dense brush lines the streets and acts as an informal "No Trespassing" sign
."

and:

Could 8,000 pages of police reports in Jill Behrman murder mean new trial for John Myers?

"The search for her continued until her body was found by a turkey hunter in a Morgan County woods in 200
You are so right! I got that mixed up. Also on my hunting schedule I left out one of the turkey hunting schedules. I worked for a guy who turkey hunted here and they are over the top enthusiastic about it!

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Friday, June 3, marks 11 years since the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.
Spierer was a 20-year-old sophomore when she vanished after a night out with friends in Bloomington in 2011. The mystery of her disappearance remains unsolved, but her family still holds out hope.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
OK. I plan to read more about IK and Lauren. IK drew those 11 skulls that the FBI think represent his 11 victims. One of the skulls looks like a goat. I thought of Simone Biles being the gymnastics GOAT. Who would a serial killer call a GOAT? One that received lots of nationwide visibility? Has there been any case that has received more visibility? Plus, although he did not identify a kill kit location in IN, the timeline of his movements show he was in IN in 2007. IF he had confirmed the location of a kill kit in IN, would that make him an even more compelling suspect? Hmmmmm

<modsnip - refers to a removed post>
IL being adjacent to IN may make the license plate description a pretty easy guess. At the time though we were very focused on someone at the party that night. For someone to say she was abducted by someone that had a license plate from another state really stood out to me. Then, what...turns out IK rented a car the night before in Chicago.

Illinois is a very PoPular license Plate here in BTown

I would be curious to know what haPPened after DMs stePdad rePorted
DMs mother missing when he was 3. Was she ever found I wonder. StePdad was out and about with him earlier the evening he abducted and killed Hannah. StePdad admitted to LE that DM discussed Hannah with him.

Let us be real. StePdad KNEW Hannah would not consent to going out with DM. Vicious gossiP says that accomPlice Planted DMs Phone there.
I could see someone doing that if they knew they were in deeP doo doo and someone was going to have to take the raP. And then later act like it was a mistake.

DM knows who this unidentified killer is. I scratched the unsavory and unsafe surface of gossiP here enough to know that PeoPle knew there was an accomPlice before that fact was revealed, way, way before.

ADMIN NOTE

It is disappointing that this thread must be CLOSED for the cleanup of a multitude of Terms of Service violations made by members who agreed to follow the rules when they joined Websleuths.

There is no estimate on when the thread will reopen.
The bigger question will be if it can stay open at that point.
That will depend on the efforts of the members here to comply with the TOS.
If you find you cannot, Websleuths is not for you.

Lauren and her friends and family deserve a respectful and responsible discussion, which is why WS has intentionally set high standards for participation on this forum. There are countless other places on the internet where you can engage in the type of “anything-goes” conversation that is being removed from this thread.
Websleuths is NOT one of those places.

Check back periodically to see if this thread has reopened.
It will take awhile to to clean it up.
In the meantime, we encourage you to review the TOS aka The Rules, which are linked in my signature below.

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussion has taken place over 10 years in relation to coordinates that were contained in a “comment” on a podcast 6 days after Lauren went missing. Our Moderator, Knitty, has spent an enormous amount of time going back through the years and removing that discussion and we all owe her a tremendous Thank You for doing so.

There are people who spend their time perpetrating hoaxes. The coordinates discussion appears to have been a hoax and this is most likely how it started:

Six days after Lauren goes missing from Bloomington some anonymous person who seems to have been playing internet games googled Bloomington on Google maps and selected random coordinates in proximity. Those random coordinates out of nowhere got posted on a random blog/podcast and were then brought to Websleuths. The poster went on to say “after doing research” (what research??) and they “tried a formula” (what formula??) and claim their results were astonishing. The details of their ‘research’ and ‘formula’ were never shared or explained.

Ten years later members are still discussing random coordinates from random comments by a random person on a random podcast as if they actually have something to do with Lauren’s disappearance. This is a total dis-service to Lauren's case and to her loved ones who have to read this nonsense.

Websleuths is fact based. When we say ‘comments’ are not allowed, this is a perfect example as to why.

In the same vein of Websleuths being fact based ... remote viewing, dreams/paranormal/metaphysical discussion is not allowed. Don’t post saying it’s not allowed and then go ahead and post it anyway.

This discussion will be reopened later today or tomorrow after members have had a chance to read the above.

<modsnip - off topic>

What if in Laurens case, there could be 2 Occams Razor effects

1. Victim Ods and friends hide body. They are all from NYC and Chicago, but they manage to do this in rural Indiana .Not likely although very Occamish

2. Killer Rapist assaults and kills same type of woman partying in the same area.

Double edged razor. Although, it is usually #2.

Consider foul play. IF she had ODd or for any other nefarious reasons died, which I do not believe, and her vehicle was driveable, it would be infinitely more feasible to simply drive away, in KRs vehicle with her in it. Making a spectacle on the beach would be perps last thought if they had just murdered someone IMOO.

I’ve followed Lauren’s case for years and really hope there are some answers and justice for her family. It’s incredibly sad to see the amount of time that has passed with no major breaks in the case (at least that have been made public).
Praying that there is some positive news on the horizon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back