GUILTY IN - Nina Keown, 26, Scott County, 7 Aug 2010

Article from yesterday but I didn't see it posted.

SCOTT COUNTY, Ind. (WDRB Fox 41) -- Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the ex-husband of a woman missing for almost two weeks in southern Indiana.

That warrant is not directly related to her disappearance.

But it does allow officers to keep him in custody.

The search for Nina Keown took several new turns Thursday, but still with no sign of her.

"We fear for the worst. I think that's fair to say," said Scott Co. Sheriff John Lizenby.

The Scott County sheriff's posse headed for fields and woods south of Lexington, Indiana.

While they looked for signs of 26-year-old Nina Keown, other officers looked for her ex-husband, 31-year-old Robert Petty.

They say he's been cooperative in their investigation of Keown's disappearance, but refused to take a polygraph.

And he's been and still is a "person of interest."

"He's always really been a person of interest just simply because he was the last person to see her and because of his criminal background and because of his and hers domestic violence issues," Lizenby said.

"But a suspect yet, I can't go to that level because the evidence hasn't been tangible enough to point to him."

When Clark County issued an arrest warrant for a probation violation on Thursday afternoon, Scott County officers said they couldn't find Petty at home. They had not located him as of 11 p.m. EDT.

Petty has told officers he was the last person to have seen Nina Keown alive late on August 7th, when she walked away from his four-wheeler near State Road 3 and Plymouth Road.

He also is due in court in Scottsburg next week on a domestic abuse charge for allegedly hitting Keown in an argument last April.

"The fact is, we've searched and searched and searched and haven't found anything of where she's at or where she's gone," Lizenby said.

The case has received national attention this week from the Nancy Grace cable TV show.

There now is a $10,000 reward in the case.

Call the Scott County Sheriff at 812-752-8400 or Indiana State Police at 812-246-5424 with any information.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13016132

I would like more details. I am assumming after she got off said ATV to walk back to festival. RP went ahem on home. So from the time she got off the ATV till she was reported missing . She could be anywhere :(

I can't help but wonder, why if they are looking for the ex, is there no vehicle description? Just bad reporting maybe, idk.

If someone wants to call up there and see if they are searching for him and ask for a vehicle description the number is 812-752-8400 Scott County Sherriffs office.

I would but I get all tongue tied and stuff...LOL

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=13024159
"It's not like these people are being uncooperative. They work with us, but everything but no evidence," Sheriff Lizenby said.

The sheriff said he has asked Robert Petty questions about Keown's disappearance. "I keep telling him, 'Bobby c'mon on. Look at all your past history. You're the last person {to have seen her}'. I gave him all those things. 'It looks bad'. But, he said he's innocent," Sheriff Lizenby said.

He has been arrested for the probation violation

Oh gosh I hope he doesn't off himself, from what I understand he has both children right now and 1 of them isn't even his.
I am going up Sunday to help search if they don't find her before then.

Any new news on the search today? All I have found so far is recycled. :(

He is sounding like a long list of other husbands (ex, estranged or otherwise), in most recent memory, Rachael Anderson, Venus, Lacy, Stacy...too many to name.

Take note Bobby Petty THEY ARE ALL IN JAIL, JUST LIKE YOU.

He is sounding like a long list of other husbands (ex, estranged or otherwise), in most recent memory, Rachael Anderson, Venus, Lacy, Stacy...too many to name.

Take note Bobby Petty THEY ARE ALL IN JAIL, JUST LIKE YOU.

So true, so true. Who on earth, if they are innocent, would lawyer up, and be sitting on their couch while the LEO's use a battering ram to get in?

What did he do to Nina and where did he put her? :furious:

So true, so true. Who on earth, if they are innocent, would lawyer up, and be sitting on their couch while the LEO's use a battering ram to get in?

What did he do to Nina and where did he put her? :furious:

and tell LE where your vehicle is!

and tell LE where your vehicle is!

AMEN!

I am thinking of a few scenarios here, if the did do something to Nina.

1.) He killed her and drove his vehicle with Nina in it, into a body of water. If he had no help, she would be someplace close, in the vehicle, in the
water

2.) He buried her someplace, and put his vehicle into a body of water
to cover-up any evidence.

3.) If he did have help, who is the helper? Does he have family/friends
nearby?

4.) He burned his vehicle with poor Nina in it someplace the other side of town, but he would possibly need help to get home,
OR he towed his ATV with his vehicle, dumped the missing vehicle with 1 of the scenarios above, excluding help, and drove his ATV home.

I don't think that I have heard what time Nina was reported missing, and
who reported it?

IIRC she went missing between 1-3 am and was reported missing that afternoon by her mother.

The thing is with all that time she could be virtually anywhere...Lexinton is about an hour from Louisville ky and the Ohio river and is surrounded by rural counties ... There alot of area out there alot of very dense heavily wooded area and even a very popular recreational lake called Hardy Lake

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back