GUILTY IN - Nina Keown, 26, Scott County, 7 Aug 2010

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13055459

Posted: Aug 27, 2010 5:34 AM

Sheriff Lizenby says he's waiting on a positive identification, which could take several days. But he's confident the body is of the missing Lexington woman. The reason he's sure - Keown's ex-husband, Robert Petty, told investigators where they could find her; in a heavily wooded area near Bethlehem, Indiana in Clark County.

"It gives us some closure," says Keown's mother Debbie Conover. She says Nina's children, ages three and six, ask about their mom.

"We have told them mommy is lost and that we were out to find her," says Conover.

Conover says she felt all along Petty was involved in her daughter's disappearance. Keown had a protective order against Petty. She dismissed it in July. "He could look us right in the face and tell us he didn't to it, and the whole time she's laying somewhere and I felt so helpless," says Conover through tears.

Im glad they found her. So sad for her family.

RIP Nina

CONFIRMED: Coroner ID's Nina Keown's body

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB Fox 41) -- Fox 41 News has learned that the body discovered in a wooded area near Bethlehem, Ind. last month has indeed been confirmed to be that of Nina Keown.

Clark County Coroner Edwin Coots IV called Fox 41 to confirm that information Tuesday afternoon. He said the medical examiner made the positive identification, based primarily on dental records and a tattoo that was on the body.

Coots would not comment on whether a cause of death had been determined.

Snipped

http://www.fox41.com/global/story.asp?s=13113421

The guy STILL hasn't been charged with murder. I understand why (waiting on cause of death) yet I don't understand why. He told the police where he dumped her body like she was trash....so why hasn't he been charged with SOMETHING? This case is close to home for me, literally. I didn't know this poor woman but I live less than 3 miles from where she went missing and growing up I lived less than a mile from where she was found (about 10-15 miles from where I live now). I will say this much, had he not told where he put her, it's a very very good chance she would not have been found for a really long time...if ever. She was found in an area just off of an extremely curvy and hilly road and is a very wooded area. Not many people go off the roads in this area because the hills out there are so steep. Not trying to be graphic but I firmly believe that had he not said anything the only way they would have found her is if rain washed her down the hill or by animals scattering her. Even if either of those things would have happend it's still a good chance she wouldn't have been found because of the nooks and crannies in that area. I bring these points up because I know that area very well, I know how rugged it is out there and pretty much know how the land lays. I am so grateful that he did FINALLY have the decency to tell where he put her so that her family could put her to rest. RIP Nina and prayers go out to your children, your mother and the rest of your family!

every time I get on here, I always look to see if they found this lady........I think we all knew she was deceased and that he killed her from the beginning....

now her family can have some closure.....

RIP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39422808/ns/local_news-louisville_ky/

Charges were filed in the Scott Circuit Court Wednesday against Robert F. Petty in the death of Nina R. Keown.

Petty was charged with murder, removal of a body from a scene and obstruction of justice.

An initial hearing is scheduled to take place in the Scott Circuit Court in Scottsburg on Thursday.

http://www.fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=13238660

An affidavit released Wednesday says Petty told investigators he and Keown had an argument about a phone call she received, and that he began to choke her. It says after choking her, he could not revive her and she was like a "rag doll." The affidavit says that's when he took her body to Bethlehem Hill, where it was later found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back