Kanye west Moms dies

I can't believe the stuff TMZ has dug up on her doctor! Multiple dui's, a sexual assault charge by a patient, malpractice suits, etc. I would NEVER let that guy come near me. Yikes! From what I have read, she should have been sent directly to a recovery center and not to her home.

Sounds like a real piece of work.... ex-girlfriend has a restraining order on him too. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a real piece of work.... ex-girlfriend has a restraining order on him too. :rolleyes:
that was probably something SHE wanted though because she was "kanye west's" son! :rolleyes:

ETA:
What I meant to say was: that was probably something SHE wanted though because she was "kanye west's" mom!

She probably wanted to go home and have the private nurses rather than go to the recovery center - because she was Kanye West's mom and could afford it, and had semi-celebrity because of her celebrity son. She also probably thought she needed more "privacy" because of this, even though we have more HIPPA laws in place now. Anyway, a lot of times, people think that hiring private staff is "better" than having a recovery center... however, a recovery center can offer a LOT more in terms of staff, equipement, ect than your home does. People don't think of that.

I don't know about you guys, but haven't YOU ever known someone that is related to a "celebrity" and they flaunt it to the nine's? I have... it gets old REALLY quickly! And if momma West is anything like Kanye...

Well, let's just say I am not a huge Kanye fan!

And thanks ya'll for making fun of me. :)

Dr Jan Adams is the one who host that plastic surgery show on Discovery, I think....OMG...he looks so much different in that mugshot!!

I can't believe the stuff TMZ has dug up on her doctor! Multiple dui's, a sexual assault charge by a patient, malpractice suits, etc. I would NEVER let that guy come near me. Yikes! From what I have read, she should have been sent directly to a recovery center and not to her home.

OMG. :doh: It's unreal.

I can understand her wanting to recover at home, wouldn't we all rather be in our own bed, and she had hired private nurses to be with her.

They are covering this right now on Nancy Grace's show. One doctor is saying that anyone over 40 should get medical clearance for surgery of this nature.

They are covering this right now on Nancy Grace's show. One doctor is saying that anyone over 40 should get medical clearance for surgery of this nature.
Dearest Jilly,:blowkiss:
If I read the articles right, she was advised not to have the surgery that she was seeking and went ahead and did it anyway. There is no disrespect in my post at all, I am just saying that she was advised against it and went ahead having more than one surgery knowing the complications.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

She must have been in so much pain in that last day. So sad.

It's stories like this that should make ANYONE (celeb or not) think long and hard about having any elective surgery and at least be cleared by your regular doctor before going ahead with it. It's sad that Ms. West died, but there is a lesson here.

Maybe pedinurse was responding to the post that said she didn't want to go to a recovery center and chose to go home because kanye west was her son????? :waitasec:
That was what I meant. I edited to explain my post more. Thanks for clarifying, czechmate! You're such a sweetie!

I'll attach my explaination below, since a bunch of people commented...

What I meant to say was: that was probably something SHE wanted though because she was "kanye west's" mom!

She probably wanted to go home and have the private nurses rather than go to the recovery center - because she was Kanye West's mom and could afford it, and had semi-celebrity because of her celebrity son. She also probably thought she needed more "privacy" because of this, even though we have more HIPPA laws in place now. A boob job and tummy tuck, I guess, is something you don't want people to know you're getting done. Anyway, a lot of times, people think that hiring private staff is "better" than having a recovery center... however, a recovery center can offer a LOT more in terms of staff, equipement, ect than your home does. People don't think of that.

I don't know about you guys, but haven't YOU ever known someone that is related to a "celebrity" and they flaunt it to the nine's? I have... it gets old REALLY quickly! And if momma West is anything like Kanye...

Well, let's just say I am not a huge Kanye fan!

And thanks ya'll for making fun of me. :)

It's stories like this that should make ANYONE (celeb or not) think long and hard about having any elective surgery and at least be cleared by your regular doctor before going ahead with it. It's sad that Ms. West died, but there is a lesson here.

I think most people who chose to have elective surgery do think long and hard about doing it. Although the risks always exist, I'll bet any one of us would be floored if one of our friends or relatives went in for cosmetic surgery and died because of it.

I don't know if Ms. West should have gotten more clearance before proceeding - there just aren't enough facts out yet.

Dr. Adams certainly sounds like a piece of work. I will say that doctors are more likely to get sued if they have bad or odd bedside manners. People rarely sue doctors they like and feel connected to.

I don't know how anyone could have lipo after seeing one done. It's brutal surgery.

I think most people who chose to have elective surgery do think long and hard about doing it. Although the risks always exist, I'll bet any one of us would be floored if one of our friends or relatives went in for cosmetic surgery and died because of it.

I don't know if Ms. West should have gotten more clearance before proceeding - there just aren't enough facts out yet.

Dr. Adams certainly sounds like a piece of work. I will say that doctors are more likely to get sued if they have bad or odd bedside manners. People rarely sure doctors they like and feel connected to.

One of the first articles I read on this, stated that the first Dr. wanted a medical clearance because of her age and some concerns of his, before doing the surgery. THIS is a responsible Dr. who cares about his patients.

Instead of getting the clearance, she went to this quack who doesn't seem to care about anything but the money he'd make off of a "patient".

And now she's dead... that's all the facts I need...

One of the first articles I read on this, stated that the first Dr. wanted a medical clearance because of her age and some concerns of his, before doing the surgery. THIS is a responsible Dr. who cares about his patients.

Instead of getting the clearance, she went to this quack who doesn't seem to care about anything but the money he'd make off of a "patient".

And now she's dead... that's all the facts I need...

Exactly. I do think some people just don't weigh the risks. Not saying that's true for everyone. Maybe it's because they aren't having something like a coronary bypass or something "major" sounding, it is easy to be cavalier about it.

But if the reports are true that a previous doctor declined to operate on her for a heart (?) condition, then I applaud him. He was looking past the dollar signs and was truly concerned for her well-being.

Kanye Steps Out of Fashion; Doc's Ex Had Restraining Order by Natalie Finn

In addition to records that show a handful of malpractice lawsuits, two alcohol-related driving arrests and a recommendation from the state medical board to revoke his license, E! News has obtained court documents showing that Adams' estranged wife filed for a domestic violence restraining order against the doctor a year ago following an alleged outburst on Thanksgiving. (View the request and court order.)
Adams' now-ex-wife, Susan Field, moved to keep Adams at least 100 yards away from her and their three children on Nov. 28, 2006, as well as prevent him from calling, emailing or otherwise contacting them.
(MUCH more at link)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back