KC's Pregnancy/Denial (Merged Threads)

I don't buy it. The granny sounds fairly outspoken and she is old enough and wise enough to have known that she should have reported it. I am not trying to bad mouth the granny, I am only saying that she is pretty verbal about it NOW and I wish she had done something about it. Hindsight is always 20-20 so who knows.

Sounds to me like KC and Rick stood up to Cindy every day of the week which is why they didn't get along. I think Lee and George were the only ones that were afraid.

Differing opinions are what keep this forum rollin'!

Happy Thanksgiving :blowkiss:

You know that great granny sure didn't do anyone any favors. According to her,it seems as though she saw Casey's pattern of behavior for what it was, yet she did not notify authorities or take any action.
What good is having the information and not taking action?

I also wondered why Rick started on Topix instead of going right to the authorities, unless it was congruent but I don't think so. He probably got furious that he was mocked by the posters and then went to LE after.

But why didn't Rick and Granny go to LE immediately? I guess it had to sink in a while ...

It is possible that the A's knew Casey was pregnant before they admitted it publicly or to the other family members. I see nothing sinister in that at all. Just a family trying to protect their daughter from unfavorable comments.

If this is the case then we're to believe KC was getting the proper pre-natal care all along? If it was a family secret (which is not hard to imagine) KC would have been under a doctor's care. I don't think so.

I also wondered why Rick started on Topix instead of going right to the authorities, unless it was congruent but I don't think so. He probably got furious that he was mocked by the posters and then went to LE after.

But why didn't Rick and Granny go to LE immediately? I guess it had to sink in a while ...
Of course. Ridiculous to post on the internet about a case like this. He is the biggest attention seeker of them all.
I would call Rick a more descriptive name but then I would have to give myself a TO.

Differing opinions are what keep this forum rollin'!

Happy Thanksgiving :blowkiss:
Absoultely. What fun would it be if we all agreed?

happy T-Day to you too.:)

One of the main things that bothers me about the whole family is that everyone either knew about Casey and was in denial or they knew and didn't see it as their place to do anything about it.
This is not a case where the neighbors all look shocked and say "We had no idea." This is a case where almost everyone that knew Casey is just shaking their heads and saying "Well, it was only a matter of time."
Well, why didn't anyone do anything sooner? GRRRRRR.

Why would the family feel compelled to keep the pregnancy to themselves? kc was engaged at the time to JG so there would be no reason for anyone to say anything negative? kc even told her fiance she was "just having woman problems".

Of course. Ridiculous to post on the internet about a case like this. He is the biggest attention seeker of them all.
I would call Rick a more descriptive name but then I would have to give myself a TO.

I'm sure grandma learned years ago that in families like this, if you push too much you are cut out. I came from a family similar to this one, and you are in with them or not. And the way I understood how it was for Rick, is he was utterly fed up with his sister and her family and wanted to set the record straight on the rumors being posted at Topix and elsewhere. I think he wanted to publicly call Cindy's bluff and show everyone her true colors. Stop the BS Cindy and her family was selling. Unlike the A's, Rick chose Caylee's side. I don't consider him an attention seeker at all. He's never been on Greta or any of the other talk shows, unlike the rest of the characters involved in this case. Heck a few of them have given/sold their story to tabloids.

I don't buy it. The granny sounds fairly outspoken and she is old enough and wise enough to have known that she should have reported it. I am not trying to bad mouth the granny, I am only saying that she is pretty verbal about it NOW and I wish she had done something about it. Hindsight is always 20-20 so who knows.

Respectfully snipped....I guess there is more than enough blame to go around of people who saw flaws in KC, but didn't do enough, however, in addition to Shirley's age and the stress of having a husband in a hospice, she rarely saw KC. Her own daughter, Cindy, was burdening her with woes of marital problems, George wanting half the house + alimony, using her own 401k for family debt, and if I'm not mistaken, saying if it weren't for Caylee, she would have "done herself in." Talk about emotional blackmail if Shirley pressed charges.

With Cindy telling Shirley of her plan to meet with a counselor to find a way to toss KC out and file for custody, it seems like a lot to pinpoint that the Grandma's failure to press charges as the lynch pin where KC went bad.

For years, Cindy put up with all the theft and did nothing. KC didn't "become evil" since stealing Grandma's routing number..she was a work in progress for many years. If Grandma hadn't brought her checkbook to Cindy's house and KC wasn't able to steal from her, would Caylee still be alive? Would pressing charges have averted this disaster?

Look at what KC did to Amy---the amounts far greater than the $354 she stole from Grandma. KC was arrested and the bond was what--a few hundred dollars and she was out the next day.

From what I read, Shirley was made whole by the bank reversing the charges. Should she alienate her closest relative by pressing charges, especially when you know how forcefully and convincingly Cindy asked her not to...? It seems harsh to blame the grandmother when the real villian is a 22 year old, responsible for her own actions. I don't bash George and Cindy, although I think they should let go of the denial and enabling they do up until this very day--something Grandma is smart enough not to do.

I'm sure grandma learned years ago that in families like this, if you push too much you are cut out. I came from a family similar to this one, and you are in with them or not. And the way I understood how it was for Rick, is he was utterly fed up with his sister and her family and wanted to set the record straight on the rumors being posted at Topix and elsewhere. I think he wanted to publicly call Cindy's bluff and show everyone her true colors. Stop the BS Cindy and her family was selling. Unlike the A's, Rick chose Caylee's side. I don't consider him an attention seeker at all. He's never been on Greta or any of the other talk shows, unlike the rest of the characters involved in this case. Heck a few of them have given/sold their story to tabloids.

Well said, SuziQ - ITA.

I'm thinking that Rick's mother may have been distraught and may have asked that they stay out of it or he may have been trying to protect her. But he may have gotten fed up with CA's words and wanted to get the info out so posted it anonymously until it came to LE's attention. He may also have thought that what he knew wasn't of interest since he didn't know anything directly about Caylee's disappearance, what he knew was more of the background. Also by posting it on the internet first, he could honestly say that he didn't go to LE, they came to him.

And even more ridiculous than Rick posting on a chat board is Cindy READING that chat board and sending him a scathing email. What grieving gramma reads Topix for crying out loud? The family is nuts.

I don't really blame Rick or his mom for their action or inaction. They were just flailing around like most people in this case. I'm sure they were agonized about the whole situation.

And even more ridiculous than Rick posting on a chat board is Cindy READING that chat board and sending him a scathing email. What grieving gramma reads Topix for crying out loud? The family is nuts.

I tried to figure that sequence of events out--someone named Rachel (?) emailing those posts to Larry Garrison, who contacted Cindy, who then FINALLY decided to write Rick back....

(I felt like I was reading the living version of "have your people call my people.")

I tried to figure that sequence of events out--someone named Rachel (?) emailing those posts to Larry Garrison, who contacted Cindy, who then FINALLY decided to write Rick back....

(I felt like I was reading the living version of "have your people call my people.")

Ah, ok. The fact that I could even think CA was following Topix says a lot, though. We pretty much know they were reading here. Whatever. I'm glad the family is being completely embarrassed. At least I hope they are. :furious:

Happy thanksgiving everyone. You're all so great.

Oh no, Dolly's reading The Globe again! There is an article on "Who is Caylee's Daddy" and there is a pic of CA and KC all dressed up attending a June 2005 wedding. KC is 7 months preggers and in a blue dress with her belly bulging. When asked at the wedding if KC was pregnant, an insider says CA insisted her daughter was still a virgin.

Too bad I can't scan the pic and share but I think that would be a no-no, right?

Here's the only picture I've seen of KC at Rick's wedding. She looks so different without all the makeup.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/BigMouse1925/cid_000c01c903079239dd903891814BSte.jpg

I thought part of the shock/embarrassment for Rick was that KC wasn't even expected at the wedding....didn't he state that George and Cindy were invited and he was surprised to even see KC...not to mention "in her condition?"

Then his soon-to-be wife's family were asking, "Who's the pregnant girl?" I'd imagine not a great impression to be making.

I wondered why they brought KC to the wedding. They should have felt comfortable leaving her at home..like in the movie, Juno, when the pregnant teen discussing being possibly reprimanded for staying out late. She reminds her friends, "I'm already pregnant. What kind of other shenanigans did you think I'd get in to?" :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back