GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #4

Another Motion filed.

'Failure to ensure consideration of mitigation'.

Just a reminder of March 22nd for the motions hearing. :)

GRRRR I am on my sisters new laptop and acnt figure out the volume and im a deaf old lady will there be a transcript?

Judge rejects challenges to Kansas death penalty
A Kansas judge on Tuesday rejected challenges to the state's death penalty law raised by the man charged with killing a 14-year-old Great Bend girl last year.

Adam Joseph Longoria of Great Bend has been charged with capital murder and criminal sodomy in the August slaying of Alicia DeBolt, whose charred body was found at an asphalt plant. If convicted, Longoria could face the death penalty.

Barton County District Judge Hannelore Kitts said she relied on decisions by the Kansas Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court in setting aside motions filed by Longoria's attorneys, who contend the state's death penalty is unconstitutional because so-called relaxed evidentiary standards allow the government too much leeway in the type of evidence they can present during the penalty phase of death penalty cases.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700120696/Judge-rejects-challenges-to-Kansas-death-penalty.html

Snipped from Motion above:

3) The grotesque images depicted in gruesome photographs may imprint "a lasting image in the minds of the jurors that far outweighs any relevant value" the pictures may have.

If this didnt do these grotesque things to this child in the first place there wouldnt be any pictures for a jury to see! I hope the judge laughs in his face JMO

Ok after readin the second motion he doesnt want the jury to see a picture of AD alive or dead???WTH

I don't know what it is about this guy specifically but I dislike him with such a passion that it hurts. Between what I believe he did to Alicia and his arrogance... I pray that Alicia and her family get the justice they deserve.

I know there is a motion hearing set for July 21st. I dont think a trial date has been set as of yet.

I'm amazed he has plead guilty yet...to avoid the DP. Maybe he is thinking of accusing someone else? Hmmmmmmmm?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back