KY KY - Officer Jason Ellis, 33, Bardstown, 25 May 2013

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/region_northern_kentucky/gang-investigated-in-kiling-of-bardstown-police-officer-jason-ellis_8559526

Gang investigated in killing of Bardstown police officer Jason Ellis

Chaffins said most of the 40 troopers at the KSP Post in Elizabethtown are working the case along with all eight detectives. In addition, police have been assisted in their investigation by the FBI, Secret Service, Bardstown Police and the Nelson County sheriff's office.

He said detectives are following up on physical evidence, interviewing those who Ellis arrested and watching comments in social media forums.

more at link

Thank you this was a wonderful article! I have seen a lot of things on social media that is just heartbreaking, and its not just this case! I believe sometimes people act as if it is their 5th of courage, to say anything they want!

Thank you this was a wonderful article! I have seen a lot of things on social media that is just heartbreaking, and its not just this case! I believe sometimes people act as if it is their 5th of courage, to say anything they want!

I keep checking the news, hoping for an arrest/arrests in this case, but there is very little info coming out. Since I am not on facebook, I miss all the 'social' comments. Maybe that is a good thing.

Has anyone heard anything else about this case?

Have the police made the distinction that Officer Ellis was the intended target? If not, I think it's possible that this was some sicko wanting to murder whoever happened along next, which makes it an ambush but not necessarily a personal one. If the police have stated that he was the intended target, then the murderer has to know him and his schedule very intimately ... as in close to the family or close work associate (not necessarily police - could be anyone in the legal professions) I won't speculate on the motive of someone close to the family but a possible work associate could have either personal vendettas or think they had to take him out if he knew too much about their illegal activities. JMO.

BARDSTOWN, KY (WDRB) -- Less than two weeks after an officer was gunned down, the Bardstown Police Department has received a letter threatening that other officers could be killed, authorities confirmed Monday.

A source tells WDRB News the letter did not mention a specific agency or officer but made a clear threat that is being taken seriously. Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin told WDRB News by phone Monday that the letter was addressed to him directly and arrived late last week through the mail.

more at the link: http://www.wdrb.com/story/22554764/bardstown-police-receive-letter-threatening-officers

BARDSTOWN, KY (WDRB) -- Less than two weeks after an officer was gunned down, the Bardstown Police Department has received a letter threatening that other officers could be killed, authorities confirmed Monday.

A source tells WDRB News the letter did not mention a specific agency or officer but made a clear threat that is being taken seriously. Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin told WDRB News by phone Monday that the letter was addressed to him directly and arrived late last week through the mail.

more at the link: http://www.wdrb.com/story/22554764/bardstown-police-receive-letter-threatening-officers

I wonder. Does this mean the officer that was killed was killed because he was an officer, and this person wants to make it known that he will kill others?

Or is it that the murder in the line of duty of an officer brought out the crazies, and they wanted to stir things up? That happens to.

I wonder in the letter, from the way it sounds they might be trying to give some order to the LE office. Like if you don't do this, we will kill more officers. I wonder what their demand was?

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130611/NEWS01/306110044/Bardstown-police-slaying-FBI-called-into-investigation?nclick_check=1

FBI called into the investigation

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin told The Courier-Journal on Monday night that he received a letter Thursday that said more officers “would go down like the first one.” He said at least one other threat was made by telephone.
On the advice of the state police and FBI, McCubbin would not elaborate on the exact wording of the call or letter.

more at link...

I keep checking the news, hoping for an arrest/arrests in this case, but there is very little info coming out. Since I am not on facebook, I miss all the 'social' comments. Maybe that is a good thing.

Has anyone heard anything else about this case?

They've been pretty tight lipped about any info if they have any. I think the social media sites they're referring to mostly is topix. Some of the posters on there are out of control lol

http://www.officer.com/news/10959233/threats-made-in-bardstown-ky-following-officer-jason-ellis-death

A day after the written threat, McCubbin took a phone call from someone claiming to be aware of a verbal threat someone made against Bardstown police. The threat was similar, that more officers would be killed, the chief said. The matter was turned over to state police, he said.

Meanwhile, state police are still reviewing leads and interviewing people in the search for Ellis' killer, KSP Master Trooper Norman Chaffins said Tuesday. Reward money leading to the killer's arrest and conviction has surpassed $150,000, with donations from businesspeople, local governments, residents and others.

more at link...

This has to be every LEOs worst nightmare, regardless of where they serve. Praying for the safety of those officers and I hope this is over very soon.

Sounds to me like this is an attempt to shift the focus of this having been an attack on one, specific officer to an attack on officers in general.

Or that an individual who was not involved in the original attack is trying to take advantage of a media opportunity.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130611/NEWS01/306110044/Bardstown-police-slaying-FBI-called-into-investigation?nclick_check=1

FBI called into the investigation

Bardstown Police Chief Rick McCubbin told The Courier-Journal on Monday night that he received a letter Thursday that said more officers “would go down like the first one.” He said at least one other threat was made by telephone.
On the advice of the state police and FBI, McCubbin would not elaborate on the exact wording of the call or letter.

more at link...

Sounds to me like this is an attempt to shift the focus of this having been an attack on one, specific officer to an attack on officers in general.

Or that an individual who was not involved in the original attack is trying to take advantage of a media opportunity.

I thought that too. Long time to wait to strike again and, if serious, why warn LE so they would be more alert? I smell a rat.

I thought that too. Long time to wait to strike again and, if serious, why warn LE so they would be more alert? I smell a rat.

I agree. I'm kind of wondering if it was just a copy cat or someone playing games. Crazies come out of the woodwork when this kind of thing happens. It's unfortunate.

I agree with the statement of this individual not being involved. Why would they alert LE to future attacks without adding a threat like, UNLESS this or that is done? There is no reason other than to invoke fear and possibly mislead LE to the real culprit. A real coward IMHO. May our community help to find this person or persons who committed this heinous murder on an unsuspecting officer.

http://www.officer.com/news/1095923...dstown-ky-following-officer-jason-ellis-death

Article states:
Ellis was described as one of Bardstown's top officers when it came to arrests, with his bosses saying he had made a dent in the town's drug problems during his seven years with the police department.

A day after the written threat, McCubbin took a phone call from someone claiming to be aware of a verbal threat someone made against Bardstown police. The threat was similar, that more officers would be killed, the chief said. The matter was turned over to state police, he said.

Meanwhile, state police are still reviewing leads and interviewing people in the search for Ellis' killer, KSP Master Trooper Norman Chaffins said Tuesday. Reward money leading to the killer's arrest and conviction has surpassed $150,000, with donations from businesspeople, local governments, residents and others.

"Unfortunately, we've not received that one tip yet" that would lead to a suspect, Chaffins said.

More at article, It is a difficult task for these LEO's to do their jobs as is, now they lost one of their own and have to go to protect the community with the knowledge that they TOO are being targeted. Let's keep getting the word out about this case. The reward continues to grow and I pray they will stop this monster before anymore damage is done. Let the tips pour in.

Glad to see there is much interest and an intense ongoing investigation in this case. Today it was reported LE believes more than one individual was involved.

State police Master Trooper Norman Chaffins said Tuesday that based on circumstances, investigators believe more than one person had a hand in the slaying of Officer Jason Ellis.

Chaffins said police have interviewed a woman who drove around the trap before Ellis stopped.

More at http://www.wave3.com/story/22622754/police-more-than-1-may-have-had-role-in-officers-slaying

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back