KY KY - Officer Jason Ellis, 33, Bardstown, 25 May 2013

I am sorry Paintr, I received an email just after I posted that saying you had already reported this announcement. I am holding my grumpy, teething 9 month old in one arm, typing with the other. :banghead:

I am sorry Paintr, I received an email just after I posted that saying you had already reported this announcement. I am holding my grumpy, teething 9 month old in one arm, typing with the other. :banghead:

No problems! :seeya: I am just glad that folks are concerned about this case. The more info the better!

http://www.wkyt.com/news/headlines/New-details-released-into-Officer-Jason-Ellis-murder-investigation-212088481.html

This article includes a pic of Officer Ellis' son throwing out the first pitch. He is a sweetie.

Great photos. I'd encourage anyone interested in this case to view those pictures at the above link. Thanks Paintr for posting the link.

I wonder if posting photos of Officer Ellis' family in the papers was such a good idea? If there is even the slightest chance that the officer was targeted, maybe his family should be protected? Just a thought.

I wonder if posting photos of Officer Ellis' family in the papers was such a good idea? If there is even the slightest chance that the officer was targeted, maybe his family should be protected? Just a thought.

I wondered about that too.

http://www.whas11.com/community/Memorial-to-be-dedicated-to-slain-Bardstown-officer-212206061.html

Memorial to be dedicated to slain Bardstown Police Ofc. Jason Ellis

A black granite memorial plaque was given to the department.

It will be dedicated in Ellis' memory Tuesday afternoon.

more at link

http://www.whas11.com/home/River-City-FOP-holds-fundraiser-for-Ellis--212520331.html

River City FOP holds fundraiser for Ellis family .

http://www.whas11.com/home/Bardstown-officials-seek-to-fill-murdered-officers-position-211695491.html

Bardstown officials seek to fill murdered officer's position .

Moving forward from the murder of Bardstown Police Officer Jason Ellis last month, the city is planning to fill his position soon.

This case just turns my stomach daily. It just brings me to my knees for his family and friends and fellow officers.

I have many friends in LE and the thought that they are targeted for protecting us and the laws of our country makes me nuts. This crime ...I pray will be solved.

If the family or friends read hear ..please know you are in our prayers and thoughts.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130624/NEWS01/306240072/Bardstown-officer-Jason-Ellis-had-spotless-record-received-commendations

Bardstown officer Jason Ellis had spotless record, received commendations

In February 2007, Ellis and two other officers were awarded commendations for their response to a house fire that threatened the occupants’ lives. Capt. Will Strunk wrote in the commendation: “All three of these officers deserve more than a mere letter of commendation for the dedication and courage they showed on that day.”

more at link...

For investigators to know so little about this case, it strikes me as odd that they know it to be a premeditated, targeted killing.
In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and state that I simply don't believe they are at a place in the investigation to know if it really was a targeted killing.

From the outset, this has appeared to me to be a functional killing, i.e wrong place at the wrong time. It simply doesn't make sense that a smart killer would plan to execute a police officer in at an off-ramp by way of tree limbs and a shot gun.

Are these investigators not aware of Occam's Razor? The official narrative of Officer Ellis' murder is steadily violating more and more of its principles.

For investigators to know so little about this case, it strikes me as odd that they know it to be a premeditated, targeted killing.
In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and state that I simply don't believe they are at a place in the investigation to know if it really was a targeted killing.

From the outset, this has appeared to me to be a functional killing, i.e wrong place at the wrong time. It simply doesn't make sense that a smart killer would plan to execute a police officer in at an off-ramp by way of tree limbs and a shot gun.

Are these investigators not aware of Occam's Razor? The official narrative of Officer Ellis' murder is steadily violating more and more of its principles.

I think part of what leads them to believe it was targeted is the fact that others drove past that tree limb, going around it. And nothing happened to them.

Surely they are basing their current theory on something deeper than that. But, you may be correct.

Although, at this point, I'm not certain that the tree limbs are anything more than coincidence, I do wish they would release photos of the tree evidence so that we could determine their species, types of pruning marks, possible age/height/health, soil conditions, etc of the trees.....eventually locating the source.
If those trees are evidence, the fact that they were left behind by the perps could prove to be a huge help in finding who did this.

I think part of what leads them to believe it was targeted is the fact that others drove past that tree limb, going around it. And nothing happened to them.

I have to agree this is a very strange way to go about the premeditated murder period.
Honestly my first thoughts were more along the lines of a gang initiation. Whoever stopped and picked up the tree branches was to be the victim. It happened to be a cop.
I don't know the MO that police have given saying this was premeditated and the Officer targeted is just a lot to take in given so many variables left up to chance.
What if the Officer wasn't going straight home or was coming off shift and took another route? What if someone else stopped and picked the branches up? That would of kinds messed up the plan. Too many things left up to chances IMO. These guys arnt too brilliant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann
Back