Live MSM coverage on baby Lisa 21 October 2011- including Nancy Grace

Someone in the last Media thread said something about spousal privilege. But, according to woman last night on CNN HLN filling in for Nancy Grace, Deborah is married to someone else, and has just been living/fathered a kid with Jeremy, so at most they'd have a common law marriage, which would be polygamous. But I'll go google to make sure the host knew what she was talking about... If Deborah and Jeremy aren't married they can't do the whole "You can't turn on him" thing..

I'm not sure it would apply anyway, even if they were married. I don't know about Missouri law but in the Haleigh Cummings case in Florida I learned that the spousal privilege doesn't exist in crimes against a child.

On FOX right now, stating how she probably rolled over on the baby.. ACK..I walked into the room as it was on so I missed it, I "think" it was Baden talking about it. Little bit still on TV now..

Maybe she wasn't screaming because she was already dead.

Could be, but then why risk not only walking around for 4 hours carrying a baby only in a diaper but carrying a dead baby only in a diaper? If a police car had happened to go past, if someone had stopped to offer assistance. Too risky for a perp IMO.

I got my weekly People in the mail yesterday and baby L is on the cover. I haven't read it yet, but it's on newstands today.

Mel

Someone in the last Media thread said something about spousal privilege. But, according to woman last night on CNN HLN filling in for Nancy Grace, Deborah is married to someone else, and has just been living/fathered a kid with Jeremy, so at most they'd have a common law marriage, which would be polygamous. But I'll go google to make sure the host knew what she was talking about... If Deborah and Jeremy aren't married they can't do the whole "You can't turn on him" thing..

ETA: Source for that she is married to someone else,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-Mother-Deborah-Bradley-married-man.html

"separated" but not divorced.

Spousal privilege prevents a spouse from being called/compelled to testify against the defendant spouse. But a spouse can certainly decide to make the decision on their own to testify against their defendant spouse.

He said "the baby looked like Baby Lisa".

Wasn't it still dark outside at the reported sighting? The witness would have to be right on top of Lisa to determine if the baby looked like her. Or, unless the street lights were on.

MOO

Mel

I'm not sure I believe this sighting, simply because he waited so long to report it.
Why wouldn't he make the connection immediately?? I'd have thought that your mind would instantly jump to all the strange naked-baby-in-the-night sightings you have had that night if you hear of a missing baby in your neighborhood. IMO that should have been immediately suspicious. Maybe even before he heard there was a baby missing. Babies are usually in bed at the time, and even if they're out at night they're wearing something in October.

I don't know why the abductor would walk around with the baby wearing only a diaper either. If I stole a baby I'd be afraid her clothing free state would attract stares and get someone to call CPS on me.

It's possible that he wasn't aware there was a missing baby? Some people don't listen to the news or read papers.

Walking around in the middle of the night with a baby wearing only diapers is certainly suspicious, and indicates that this person isn't the sharpest tool in the shed!

I got my weekly People in the mail yesterday and baby L is on the cover. I haven't read it yet, but it's on newstands today.

Mel

In that article, it apparently talks about the other job that night. I am looking for what JI exactly stated regarding that job.

Could be, but then why risk not only walking around for 4 hours carrying a baby only in a diaper but carrying a dead baby only in a diaper? If a police car had happened to go past, if someone had stopped to offer assistance. Too risky for a perp IMO.

Just because the time frame is 4 hours apart doesn't mean they were walking around that whole time. Could have been in a car... and got out just to get noticed... then left. The one guy did say he made eye contact with the man holding the baby.

Wasn't it still dark outside at the reported sighting? The witness would have to be right on top of Lisa to determine if the baby looked like her. Or, unless the street lights were on.

MOO

Mel

Yup, it is still dark at 4:00 AM and depending on when the street lights turn off.

Keep in mind, JI claims he was home ~3:30 AM and called 911 ~4:04 AM, so the chances of this child being Baby Lisa spotted, IMO, is very, very slim.

It sure does seem risky and perhaps it was just somebody picking up their child after working. I dont get just in a diaper? Would it not have been chilly? Why would a perp take time to undress Lisa and walk about in plain sight? I wish somebody would come forward and say it was me picking up my child. Maybe they already have to LE.

It's possible that he wasn't aware there was a missing baby? Some people don't listen to the news or read papers.

Walking around in the middle of the night with a baby wearing only diapers is certainly suspicious, and indicates that this person isn't the sharpest tool in the shed!

I don't know but I think if he is local it would have been pretty hard for him not to hear anything. With all the police activity it must have been the talk of the town for a while.

Yup, it is still dark at 4:00 AM and depending on when the street lights turn off.

Keep in mind, JI claims he was home ~3:30 AM and called 911 ~4:04 AM, so the chances of this child being Baby Lisa spotted, IMO, is very, very slim.

Oh my, the timeline changed again -- I missed it. Thought dad was home at 4 and they called at 4:04. Now he's been home 34 minutes before calling? That's a heck of a long time to realize your baby is missing.

EEK!

Mel

I'm not following your thinking. Why is it a slim chance that it was Lisa if she was taken several hours before he got home? The first sighting of a man with a baby was 12:15 am right?

It sure does seem risky and perhaps it was just somebody picking up their child after working. I dont get just in a diaper? Would it not have been chilly? Why would a perp take time to undress Lisa and walk about in plain sight? I wish somebody would come forward and say it was me picking up my child. Maybe they already have to LE.

I'm thinking he took her clothes off so that she couldn't be identified by the last clothes she was seen wearing.

"I was going south on 435, I exited on 48th Street, and I see a man who was walking up Randolph carrying a baby," Thompson said. "And I looked at him, he was about 30 feet from me, he turned and looked at me, and I looked at him. It's 4 o'clock in the morning, 45 degrees and the baby doesn't have a blanket, a coat, nothing," Mike Thompson told ABC. "And this guy is walking down the street. I thought it was kind of weird."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29547997/detail.html#ixzz1bQ26GxDc

How does he see the baby unless the guy was holding her face forward? Most folks hold babies over their shoulder.

Just confoosed as to how he determined this looked like baby Lisa?

Mel

FWIW We do have a thread now regarding "the man seen carrying a baby"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152158"]Man seen carrying diaper clad baby - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back