long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorpio24.. tried to reply about MM just as thread closed:

All I know about MM is that he was an old BF of JA.. who seems, oddly enough, to have remained on good terms with her. He was vocal on the yucky website JA is Innocent until a few weeks ago. The speculation is that he might have written the 10 letters she tried to asscribe to TA that were kept out.. and she sent him the coded message in the magazines trying to influence his interview with LE. Ring a bell??

Thanks so much! If I'm not mistaken, she indicated on the stand that she met Matt through Bobby. (They were friends.) I was just wondering, I guess, if she met Daryl through Matt? They both worked, I think, at the Ventana resort.

It just seems odd to me. All her men seem so intertwined and she went from one to another, but somehow held on to all of them emotionally, except Bobby. Once my relationships were over, they were OVER, as in, "Don't call me again. We're done!" :blushing:

Bringing anagrammy's post over from the previous thread:

Didn't the shower mat have a small geometric pattern/scoring? Squares? I don't see a bath mat, just tile and the bathroom linen closet door jutting out at the top of the photo. The blood expert said the blood could have gotten on the bottom either by
1) being dragged over blood OR
2) blood mixed with water seeping beneath the mat. OR
3) could have been old blood from another time.

She testified to how much water there had to be in the bathroom area in order to wick several inches up a cardboard box that was in the bathroom linen closet, so isn't that consistent with #2? (I'm also wondering if a floor mat wouldn't provide more resistance than assistance.) But I can't see any floor mat in that photo. Maybe it's just me. :cow:

BBM

Don't forget the plastic tumbler found in the shower with TA's body.

She may have used that tumbler to carry water to the linen closet area, tossing it at/near the bottom of the box in a futile and pitiful effort to clean the scene in the hallway near where his throat was slit and his bloody body dragged down the hall. This could have also caused the bloody water wicking pattern on the box seen in the photo.

Thanks so much! If I'm not mistaken, she indicated on the stand that she met Matt through Bobby. (They were friends.) I was just wondering, I guess, if she met Daryl through Matt? They both worked, I think, at the Ventana resort.

It just seems odd to me. All her men seem so intertwined and she went from one to another, but somehow held on to all of them emotionally, except Bobby. Once my relationships were over, they were OVER, as in, "Don't call me again. We're done!" :blushing:

In her universe, nobody can stand to be away from her for long, as she is the still center of existence. I'm sure she imagines she is being kind by maintaining ties, so as to spare them the agonizing fate of her absence.

In her universe, nobody can stand to be away from her for long, as she is the still center of existence. I'm sure she imagines she is being kind by maintaining ties, so as to spare them the agonizing fate of her absence.

It didn't take long in that arrest video before she began making requests and barking orders, did it?

• Handcuffs off,
  • Her purse,
  • Turn up the thermostat,
  • Etc.

I'm thinking there aren't a lot of questions so far for DV lady. Please tell me that's right. From jury.

I am hoping that any juror questions have to do with the elephant in the room. Here's what mine would be:

Q: Ms. ALV, are you familiar with anti-social personality disorder?

If yes, aren't many or all of JA's behaviors (i.e. flat affect, pathological lying, impulsive decision making, etc.) consistent with anti-personality disorder?

If yes, aren't you a bit concerned that you, as her therapist, might be just one more person she needed to con to obtain an acquittal in this case?

If not, why not?

If I were to cross AV,I would just ask one thing. Did all of the information you based your opinions concerning this case come out of the mouth of Jodi Arias?

I'm thinking there aren't a lot of questions so far for DV lady. Please tell me that's right. From jury.

There may be some "Did you speak with Jodi about.........." some part of murder day, or other things that they prolly should have discussed but prolly didn't. Or, "What type of abuse from TA would bring on so much rage, as indicated from the horrible wounds to TA, from JA on that day?" Or, "Did JA ever express remorse or regret over what she did to TA?"

Those would be some of my questions because I'm hoping ALV would not sit up there & commit perjury for this piece of pathetic protoplasm. And if she does, we will know, I'm betting, and JM will know, too, I'm betting.

Thanks again to David Lohr and Steely Dan. A much needed break from HLN and Wilmott.

It didn't take long in that arrest video before she began making requests and barking orders, did it?

• Handcuffs off,
  • Her purse,
  • Turn up the thermostat,
  • Etc.

You're so right. I think she has personality disorders sufficient to make her wholly unaware of how inappropriate her behavior seems to everyone else. It makes her behavior make a lot more sense once you accept her rightful place in the universe. :banghead:

If I were to cross AV,I would just ask one thing. Did all of the information you based your opinions concerning this case come out of the mouth of Jodi Arias?

Oh, I'd be willing to bet we'll hear that early and often.

I tend to always think outside the proverbial box so...while this murder totally consumes my mind....I had a thought.

We all agree Jodi Ann Arias is a very cunning, calculating and conniving murderess who planned on killing Travis that day, right? Riiiiiiiight! (in my Juan voice). We're just not sure of the specifics like: would his life had been spared if he agreed to take her to Cancun etc. But putting that aside, it appears Jodi gave this 'potential' murder some thought regardless which included; gas cans, gun, no cell phone pings and no paper trace.

Now, what constantly keeps crossing my mind is WHY the knife? I mean, if she indeed stole (or had someone *see: Matt* steal) the gun and brought it with her.....why use a knife?

I've heard suggestions that she didn't want to call attention to the neighbors etc. But that idea doesn't bode well with me because she must've thought that out for that couldn't have been an epiphany. So...............here's my 'out of the box' thought.

Could Jodi have used two weapons to make it APPEAR there were two intruders involved?
Because honestly, nothing else makes thorough sense. You don't bring a gun across two/three states only to use a knife that MIGHT or might not do the trick.

The only other explanation that makes sense (sort of) is, the gun jammed. But then, if she got the knife from wherever; downstairs to the kitchen or if the knife was upstairs, that would entail MORE time.

The photos show there was only 62 seconds from ceiling photo to bloody photo. I don't think Jodi or any novice murderer would think to have a 'back-up' weapon on them. I think we'd all be pretty confident that a fire arm is going to work properly.
So...why the knife??

Your thoughts?

Well, if you go by Beth Karras (and I think she's terrific), they have not been writing many at all. My sense is that they don't need anybody to point out to them that her opinion is based solely on JA's stories and decontexualized text messaging. I would guess they are just waiting for the rebuttal at this point. But what do I know?
:cow:

That would make it short and to the point.

:)

I tend to always think outside the proverbial box so...while this murder totally consumes my mind....I had a thought.

We all agree Jodi Ann Arias is a very cunning, calculating and conniving murderess who planned on killing Travis that day, right? Riiiiiiiight! (in my Juan voice). We're just not sure of the specifics like: would his life had been spared if he agreed to take her to Cancun etc. But putting that aside, it appears Jodi gave this 'potential' murder some thought regardless which included; gas cans, gun, no cell phone pings and no paper trace.

Now, what constantly keeps crossing my mind is WHY the knife? I mean, if she indeed stole (or had someone *see: Matt* steal) the gun and brought it with her.....why use a knife?

I've heard suggestions that she didn't want to call attention to the neighbors etc. But that idea doesn't bode well with me because she must've thought that out for that couldn't have been an epiphany. So...............here's my 'out of the box' thought.

Could Jodi have used two weapons to make it APPEAR there were two intruders involved?
Because honestly, nothing else makes thorough sense. You don't bring a gun across two/three states only to use a knife that MIGHT or might not do the trick.

The only other explanation that makes sense (sort of) is, the gun jammed. But then, if she got the knife from wherever; downstairs to the kitchen or if the knife was upstairs, that would entail MORE time.

The photos show there was only 62 seconds from ceiling photo to bloody photo. I don't think Jodi or any novice murderer would think to have a 'back-up' weapon on them. I think we'd all be pretty confident that a fire arm is going to work properly.
So...why the knife??

Your thoughts?

I have posted before (and there are lots of others with similar thoughts) regarding my suspicion that she has quite a thing for knives, intimately associated with the magical thinking she has trumpeted for some time. She has probably been carrying them since she was in High School. She didn't have to look far for the one she used to slash (allegedly) his tires. She had them in her rental car when apprehended (along with a gun). So having both isn't too tough to imagine.

Personally, I think she enjoyed using the knife. Nobody cuts someone's throat like that unless they are really into the close physicality that killing with a knife requires.

I have posted before (and there are lots of others with similar thoughts) regarding my suspicion that she has quite a thing for knives, intimately associated with the magical thinking she has trumpeted for some time. She has probably been carrying them since she was in High School. She didn't have to look far for the one she used to slash (allegedly) his tires. She had them in her rental car when apprehended (along with a gun). So having both isn't too tough to imagine.

Personally, I think she enjoyed using the knife. Nobody cuts someone's throat like that unless they are really into the close physicality that killing with a knife requires.

Don't think there's any way to second guess JA. She's one in a million.

I am hoping that any juror questions have to do with the elephant in the room. Here's what mine would be:

Q: Ms. ALV, are you familiar with anti-social personality disorder?

If yes, aren't many or all of JA's behaviors (i.e. flat affect, pathological lying, impulsive decision making, etc.) consistent with anti-personality disorder?

If yes, aren't you a bit concerned that you, as her therapist, might be just one more person she needed to con to obtain an acquittal in this case?

If not, why not?

Dr. Drew's Katie said on Thursday night, that the questions started being put in the basket when ALV was talking about what Jodi had told her.... meaning the lies. I don't think she said how many she thought were in there.

Exactly! You explained better than I could, but that was my point, thank you.
I don't even think her and nurmi gauge the jury to see if they're still warm and breathing. They just come across as so inexperienced. Very annoying to listen to for long periods of drawn out witness rehabbing.

I think their whole purpose is to yammer, yammer, yammer and distract attention from the horrible vicious crime. I trust the majority of JM closing will be to focus on that atrocious event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther