long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
An earlier post got deleted because it included a verboten crime scene photo (sorry, mods :(). But more on why I believe the dragging photo (5:32:16) shows both of JA's legs rather than just one:

If you look closely at the upper edge of the dragging photo near the zipper, you'll see a bit of blue. That, imo, is part of the second stripe, such as in this photo of jogging pants with zippers at the legs to help get it over bulky athletic shoes. :

ScreenShot2013-03-31at43508PM_zps9dd216de.png

That would mean the back of the pant leg continued about the same distance from the last stripe as the front of the leg to the first stripe (since stripes are sewn at the sides), making it even more unlikely (imo) that it was a big 'ol elephant leg pant, but rather a typical straight-leg athletic pant. As The Farm explained, at the point in the crime scene photo where the hem stitching goes up an abrupt angle, you can see a line indicating a second pant leg. (To us, anyway.) We think both legs are in the photo and the foot is the left foot, while the outer stripe is on the right leg, with the right foot lost in the dark shadow. MOO

If anyone wants to see the photo I lightened to show more detail than the prosecution's exhibit, please PM me and I'll gladly provide a link.

I'm not sure what significance this has. ???

Yes, it has come across a bit like, "Boy, what a stupid question! Let me ask it to you so that you have an opportunity to demonstrate how truly stupid the question was." Nurmi did the same thing with Dr. Feelgood.

Agreed, Sleuth5 -- Sounds like it's right out of the "How to Lose Juries and Cases Without Really Trying," book. Nice way to make a juror like you and your client even more...
icon6.gif

My personal belief is that he was so initially shocked after the first few stab wounds, he had no idea what was happening and that his attacker was actually JA.

By the time he was cognizant it was she, if ever, he was bleeding out and dead within seconds.

The gun was:

• Overkill, or
  • To more quickly silence him, or
  • To stage the scene to look as though there was more than one assailant.

So, does that mean you don't think he was aware of any of the shower photos, or do you think she surprised him while he was actually in the shower (blinding him with the flash or something?)

Bringing anagrammy's post over from the previous thread:

Didn't the shower mat have a small geometric pattern/scoring? Squares? I don't see a bath mat, just tile and the bathroom linen closet door jutting out at the top of the photo. The blood expert said the blood could have gotten on the bottom either by
1) being dragged over blood OR
2) blood mixed with water seeping beneath the mat. OR
3) could have been old blood from another time.

She testified to how much water there had to be in the bathroom area in order to wick several inches up a cardboard box that was in the bathroom linen closet, so isn't that consistent with #2? (I'm also wondering if a floor mat wouldn't provide more resistance than assistance.) But I can't see any floor mat in that photo. Maybe it's just me. :cow:

I'm talking about 5:33:32, the photo AFTER the dragging photo. In the upper left corner it has been asked byJM and confirmed by JA that this is Travis' body, his shoulder. You can see the same blood drip trail on the upper arm in the previous photo 5:32:16, the famous foot/dragging photo. Well, under the shoulder in 5:33:32 you see a squarish ridged flat object with a geometric pattern? That's what I'm seeing as the bathmat.

:what:
A n d . . . I don't even want to consider what role a knife might have played in her forest fantasy.:what:

So you think that is why she wanted him to "stop by" on his way to Washington after his Cancun trip? I think she knew after the May 26th text she received it was over for sure and he was never coming to visit her in California. Or she planned to kill him all along and Travis just made it all that more difficult by getting made at her and telling her he never wanted to see her again.

An earlier post got deleted because it included a verboten crime scene photo (sorry, mods :(). But more on why I believe the dragging photo (5:32:16) shows both of JA's legs rather than just one:

If you look closely at the upper edge of the dragging photo near the zipper, you'll see a bit of blue. That, imo, is part of the second stripe, such as in this photo of jogging pants with zippers at the legs to help get it over bulky athletic shoes. :

ScreenShot2013-03-31at43508PM_zps9dd216de.png

That would mean the back of the pant leg continued about the same distance from the last stripe as the front of the leg to the first stripe (since stripes are sewn at the sides), making it even more unlikely (imo) that it was a big 'ol elephant leg pant, but rather a typical straight-leg athletic pant. As The Farm explained, at the point in the crime scene photo where the hem stitching goes up an abrupt angle, you can see a line indicating a second pant leg. (To us, anyway.) We think both legs are in the photo and the foot is the left foot, while the outer stripe is on the right leg, with the right foot lost in the dark shadow. MOO

If anyone wants to see the photo I lightened to show more detail than the prosecution's exhibit, please PM me and I'll gladly provide a link.

I'm sorry, I am not seeing what your are. I can follow the bottom hemline all the way through the shot, consistent with one pant leg. Only one foot too. JMO.

I'm up to day 20 of testimony. How did she make it thru checkpoints with her license plate upside down?

Agreed, Sleuth5 -- Sounds like it's right out of the "How to Lose Juries and Cases Without Really Trying," book. Nice way to make a juror like you and your client even more...
icon6.gif

Yes, one would think counsel might have considered that strategy a bit more carefully, or at least withheld the silly smiles and cute delivery while backhanding the jurors who asked the questions in a passive aggressive way. JM is, in my estimation, attempting to ingratiate herself to this jury by contrasting her friendly, accessible manner to what she perceives as JM's aggression, but I suspect it is having the opposite of the intended effect. At best, she's coming off as patronizing, infantilizing the jury and their "cute but misinformed" questioning.

:cow:

"No she didn't finish with her. Some saying another day or two" - mck16

Brought this over from the other thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if Juan doesn't get to start his cross until this Thursday or maybe even the week of the 8th. Didn't someone post here last week that there is only court in the morning all 3 days this week? 9:30am-12:30pm AZ time....?

Pure torture listening to wilmotts :banghead:long excruciating crossing witnesses. Juan is awesome he is so suave, doesn't need to ramble on for hours, to get his point across.

There is another issue which we may not resolve. Some who post, & I include myself in this group, see blood on Travis in the photos of him standing in the shower. Others obviously do not, because they never mention that. It is material because, if there is injury this early in the photo sequence, it puts the lie to the defendant's claim that this all began with an attack from him over the camera. As for myself, I am not imagining blood but I could be mistaking the special effect of a dark stream of water in a few photos for blood.

I know what you're talking about, but I haven't been able to convince myself it is blood. I know we're all straining to find meaning in his expressions and postures as well. At any rate, while it would be great to "put the lie" to her story, do you think it will be necessary with the jury? I'm just curious to know what you think.

Pure torture listening to wilmotts :banghead:long excruciating crossing witnesses. Juan is awesome he is so suave, doesn't need to ramble on for hours, to get his point across.

And you're not even talking the torturous Nurmi! Ugh! I can't stand the Gidget routine of Wilmott. blech

I have entertained that notion from jump street.

I mean, it's one thing to make up the intruder story but making one of them, female is very odd.

So something is not right (besides Jodi herself). I think we're missing something.

If there wasn't a second or third person there then, I do believe she wanted to stage it to appear so.

Again, I don't understand why a 28 year old female, who never killed anyone before, would have a need for two weapons. Even seasoned hunters don't usually carry more than one weapon when hunting wild animals.

If you're insanely jealous and you feel rejected, a gun will do the trick. Or just a knife. Not both.

What am I missing?.......(I would love to be a detective I think) :)

BBM

All I think you're missing is this: She wanted to 'do him' in close with the knife right there in that shower. She was absolutely and irrevocably committed to it. That's the reason she dragged his dead body back and wedged it so precariously into that small space.

However, and she knew this, not only was there a significant size difference, but he had been working out. And he was also a trained wrestler. That's what the small gun was all about. Just in case...

But she had two things in her favor: The element of total surprise, and the fact that he wouldn't have hurt her even to save his own life. Which is what makes the DT's fabrications about TA's misogyny and physical abuse so reprehensible, and places them a very close second to the ridiculous pedophile claim in terms of their absurdity.

So you think that is why she wanted him to "stop by" on his way to Washington after his Cancun trip? I think she knew after the May 26th text she received it was over for sure and he was never coming to visit her in California. Or she planned to kill him all along and Travis just made it all that more difficult by getting made at her and telling her he never wanted to see her again.

Hmmm, so you think she'd already decided to kill him before the scamming email? What do you think precipitated it -- reading through his emails, maybe?

I'm talking about 5:33:32, the photo AFTER the dragging photo. In the upper left corner it has been asked byJM and confirmed by JA that this is Travis' body, his shoulder. You can see the same blood drip trail on the upper arm in the previous photo 5:32:16, the famous foot/dragging photo. Well, under the shoulder in 5:33:32 you see a squarish ridged flat object with a geometric pattern? That's what I'm seeing as the bathmat.

Oh! I got you! I'll have to look for the blood drip trail and the geometric pattern. I didn't know what you were talking about earlier. Thanks for the reply! :)

BBM

All I think you're missing is this: She wanted to 'do him' in close with the knife right there in that shower. She was absolutely and irrevocably committed to it. That's the reason she dragged his dead body back and wedged it so precariously into that small space.

However, and she knew this, not only was there a significant size difference, but he had been working out. And he was also a trained wrestler. That's what the small gun was all about. Just in case...

But she had two things in her favor: The element of total surprise, and the fact that he wouldn't have hurt her even to save his own life. Which is what makes the DT's fabrications about TA's misogyny and physical abuse so reprehensible, and places them a very close second to the ridiculous pedophile claim in terms of their absurdity.

Excellent. :goodpost:

I think she just accidentally hit the back of the camera a second or two earlier. It takes that camera (Sony DSC-H9) 2.4 seconds to deploy from inactivity: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/H9/H9A6.HTM

As always, my opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it. :what:

Yes, that 2.4 seconds is for the camera to come to life, if you will... I highly doubt you could push the shutter button with your foot and still get both feet into the photo. The shutter speed is whats relevant here. JMO

I'm up to day 20 of testimony. How did she make it thru checkpoints with her license plate upside down?

Makes you wonder. I always thought because she accused someone else of removing her marker that she may have taken the front plate off of a CA car and they just figured they lost it. After she was in NV or past the checkpoint she may have switched the back plate over to the one belonging to the rental car and in the dark put it on upside down without realizing it. I really do not think she wanted anyone to catch her or stop her because she could have gotten a ticket. I think it was a mistake on her part and I do think she stole a plate for the back in case someone saw the car. No way could they trace her back if she had someone else's plate on her car. It could have happen that way but who knows.

Dr. Drew's Katie said on Thursday night, that the questions started being put in the basket when ALV was talking about what Jodi had told her.... meaning the lies. I don't think she said how many she thought were in there.
Good! It makes sense.

the knife to me sounds personal and up close and i think that might have been her weapon of choice to make him 'hurt' as much as possible. she may have brought the gun to threaten him, and make him go along with what she wanted.
Indeed! I think this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member