long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted before (and there are lots of others with similar thoughts) regarding my suspicion that she has quite a thing for knives, intimately associated with the magical thinking she has trumpeted for some time. She has probably been carrying them since she was in High School. She didn't have to look far for the one she used to slash (allegedly) his tires. She had them in her rental car when apprehended (along with a gun). So having both isn't too tough to imagine.

Personally, I think she enjoyed using the knife. Nobody cuts someone's throat like that unless they are really into the close physicality that killing with a knife requires.

:cow:

Okay. I can understand the personal sick gratification in using a knife but then, why the gun?
You have to admit, one person usually doesn't use two weapons when killing one person. I can't recall any high-profile cases that mimic this.

But could it be she wanted to set the scene so it would look like two people were involved therefore buying her more time to perhaps head to Mexico?

What do we know about the last rental car she had? We know they found knives and a gun (in the engine somewhere stashed away) but do we know how long she intended to rent it for? Is there ANY information on this car?

originally posted by Sundawnn-
".....The photos show there was only 62 seconds from ceiling photo to bloody photo. I don't think Jodi or any novice murderer would think to have a 'back-up' weapon on them. I think we'd all be pretty confident that a fire arm is going to work properly.
So...why the knife??

Your thoughts? "

I count the time as starting from the time stamp on the last photo we know Travis is alive, not from the ceiling shot, so that does give a little more than 62 sec till the foot-dragging photo...but I think the knife was possibly one she carried with her and I think it was in her purse and her purse was in the bathroom so she had easy access I believe he was shot first and when the shot didn't do the trick, she got out the knife....
but
after watching all of the unedited videos, especially # 14, I am close to convinced someone was with her,

The photos show there was only 62 seconds from ceiling photo to bloody photo. I don't think Jodi or any novice murderer would think to have a 'back-up' weapon on them. I think we'd all be pretty confident that a fire arm is going to work properly.
So...why the knife??

Your thoughts?

the knife to me sounds personal and up close and i think that might have been her weapon of choice to make him 'hurt' as much as possible. she may have brought the gun to threaten him, and make him go along with what she wanted.

You're so right. I think she has personality disorders sufficient to make her wholly unaware of how inappropriate her behavior seems to everyone else. It makes her behavior make a lot more sense once you accept her rightful place in the universe. :banghead:

TA neglected to pay appropriate homage and tribute to Queen Jodi of Arias; therefore, off with his head! :eek:

Bringing Thurston's posts over from the previous thread as I think they are so on the money

Thurston said:
I'm starting to worry about the mindset of the jurors too. I find it strange that Jodi Arias admits to stabbing Travis Alexander almost 30 times, slitting Travis Alexander's throat, and shooting Travis Alexander in the head.

Not only does Arias admit to the savage murder of Travis Alexander - there are pictures. We see Travis Alexander slumping down in his shower with his buttocks close to the shower drain - in this picture it is clear that Travis Alexander was not a threat at that time. How could a wet naked man slumping down in his shower be a threat? We see a bloody Travis Alexander with Arias standing over him. We know Travis Alexander was not a threat at this point - he bloody, obviously severely injured, and incapacitated. IMO, Travis Alexander looks incapacitated in the shower picture where he his buttocks is near the drain, and, his upper body appears to be collapsed.

We have two pictures that show Travis Alexander was not a threat.

There are the pictures taken by the medical examiner that show the stab wounds on Travis Alexander's back, his slit throat.

We know that Arias did not suffer any remarkable physical injuries. At no time did Travis Alexander use force against Arias.

The pictures recovered from Travis Alexander's camera - the methodical planning Arias took when traveling to TA's to murder him (the rental car, gas cans, dying her hair) - the horrific deadly injuries Arias inflicted to Travis Alexander - the lack of injuries of Arias' body all come together to show that the murder of Travis Alexander was heinous.

What would motivate Jean Casares to mention her concern about the jury? Did Jean Casares have a desire to become a part of this atrocious murder case?

Everyone deserves a fair trial. We have seen the deadly injuries Arias' inflicted - we have seen Arias explain that she smiled in her booking photo because this is what Travis would do - we have seen Arias give a detailed account of how two people attacked Travis but let her go - we have seen Arias tell so many stories - it is very chilling to know that Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander then went on with her life, sent an 18 page letter to Travis' family knowing that she (Arias) was the cause of TA's death, sent TA's grandmother an Iris flower arrangement.

Again, everyone deserves a fair trial - however, I am not sure what would motivate the "Jean Casareses" of the world to behave in a way that is favorable to the defense, and, makes the prosecution look suspicious.

When you know that someone was brutally murdered - they tried to get away only to end up with deep knife wounds in their back and back of skull - that it is possible that Travis Alexander was awake, and, aware of what was happening as he was bleeding to death from having his neck sliced - fighting to breath but could not because Arias had destroyed his wind pipe when she slit his throat - those 3-5 minutes of Travis Alexander in such agony had to be beyond horrible.

I do not know if Arias has some type of charm that works on some people - charm that motivates the JC's to knowingly behave in a way that helps Arias.

I think that a reasonable person - a person that is interested in the integrity of the courts - a person interested in all defendants having a fair trial - would have contacted JM's office saying something such as, "do not pose with pictures - the defense could use this against you."

If there was a true concern about the jury - it could have been handled quietly and appropriately.

Considering that JC was motivated to insert herself into this murder trial - knowing that questioning JM's behavior outside of court would serve to benefit Arias more than anyone else (including the jury) - I am afraid that one or more of the jurors could have JeanCasaresitus (a condition which motivates a person to aid Arias despite knowing that Arias butchered Travis Alexander).

There is also LaViolette - this is a woman that has dedicated her life to victims of domestic violence. Yet, LaViolette was motivated to be a witness for Arias - LaViolette, I assume, saw the violent wounds Arias inflicted all over Travis Alexander's body - I assume LaViolette saw the pictures of Travis Alexander in his shower not appearing to be a threat - I assume that LaViolette knows the efforts Arias put into going to TA's house unnoticed and Arias' behavior after TA's body was discovered. Still, LaViolette - a person that is supposed to be against violence decided to be a witness for Arias.

It is possible that there could be jury members with the mindsets of LaViolette and Casaresitus - this does worry me.

If your expertise was in victim advocacy - you have spent the majority of your life learning about abuse and victims of abuse - could you in good conscience be a witness for Arias? Doing so seems so wrong - Travis Alexander was the victim in this relationship until the day he was murdered by his abuser. Arias stalked Travis Alexander - she used Travis Alexander - and ultimately she savagely murdered Travis Alexander. How can a victim advocate defend Arias?

Again, it seems as though JC and LaViolette were motivated by some reason to "help" Arias. Does Arias invoke sympathy?

Since we have seen people behave in a manner that assists Arias - there could be some of these people on the jury.

The damage done to Travis Alexander's body should be shown in court each day. I think that people easily forget that Arias slaughtered Travis Alexander, and, went on with her life easily.

Men, women and children are all potential victims. They also could be abusers. I think that it is time for everyone to start standing up for what is right - as individuals doing our best to detect danger, keep others from danger, and work together to make sure that cold blooded murderers such as Arias are not in our society.

Thurston' said:
wasnt_me said:
a few things. Look at all the angles she took the pictures from. How can she achieve the angles without being seen? Look at how there is no barrier between them. A glass shower door causes steam and water to hit it. We see none of that in the pictures. If it's in secret, why his new camera and not her own, which she claimed she brought with her?For several minutes, he's showering with no soap whatsoever. If he was really in the shower to clean himself and not to pose for pictures, then why isn't he using soap in ALL that time. I think Jodi is just lying because she is trying to convince Flores that she didn't take the pictures. She is not beyond lying by saying Travis would NEVER let her do that. It's a silly lie since he's sending her pictures of his penis. If he was that shy, he wouldn't even have sent those.Later, she also says she talked him into the pictures. So now you have two statements. One says he'd never let her and he's all private etc and another saying she coaxed him into it. Which statement is likely true?
Since she was trying to remove herself from the crime scene, I think the first statement isn't likely to be true.

Arias tells Det. Flores that Travis does not like the picture of him taken in the shower (the one where he is looking at the camera). Arias goes on to tell Det. Flores that she does not understand why Travis does not like the picture as she (Arias) thinks it is a great picture.

I always thought that this was a strange statement made by Arias.

When did Travis Alexander see this picture, and, have time to comment about it?

Arias telling Det. Flores' feelings about that shower picture, IMO, is creepy. Does Arias say that Travis Alexander does not like that picture because she knows that it is the last one taken of him alive?

Arias also tells Det. Flores that she knows Travis Alexander is "fine," that "he is in a better place." Is Arias so deluded that she can justify murdering Travis Alexander because all she really did was send TA to a better place? Sending TA to a better place was the best solution - TA was struggling on earth too much by giving into temptation, Arias would not have to concern herself with TA being with any other females.

If I were to cross AV,I would just ask one thing. Did all of the information you based your opinions concerning this case come out of the mouth of Jodi Arias?

She looked at emails and texts from Travis as well.

Okay. I can understand the personal sick gratification in using a knife but then, why the gun?
You have to admit, one person usually doesn't use two weapons when killing one person. I can't recall any high-profile cases that mimic this.

But could it be she wanted to set the scene so it would look like two people were involved therefore buying her more time to perhaps head to Mexico?

What do we know about the last rental car she had? We know they found knives and a gun (in the engine somewhere stashed away) but do we know how long she intended to rent it for? Is there ANY information on this car?

It depends on whether you're a gun-firster or knife-firster. If a gun-firster, then she intended to kill him cleanly in the shower. If a knife firster, the gun was just along for an emergency if he didn't go down quickly enough (in the shower as well). In either case, there was a reasonable (in her mind) use for both weapons.

An earlier post got deleted because it included a verboten crime scene photo (sorry, mods :(). But more on why I believe the dragging photo (5:32:16) shows both of JA's legs rather than just one:

If you look closely at the upper edge of the dragging photo near the zipper, you'll see a bit of blue. That, imo, is part of the second stripe, such as in this photo of jogging pants with zippers at the legs to help get it over bulky athletic shoes. :

ScreenShot2013-03-31at43508PM_zps9dd216de.png

That would mean the back of the pant leg continued about the same distance from the last stripe as the front of the leg to the first stripe (since stripes are sewn at the sides), making it even more unlikely (imo) that it was a big 'ol elephant leg pant, but rather a typical straight-leg athletic pant. As The Farm explained, at the point in the crime scene photo where the hem stitching goes up an abrupt angle, you can see a line indicating a second pant leg. (To us, anyway.) We think both legs are in the photo and the foot is the left foot, while the outer stripe is on the right leg, with the right foot lost in the dark shadow. MOO

If anyone wants to see the photo I lightened to show more detail than the prosecution's exhibit, please PM me and I'll gladly provide a link.

An earlier post got deleted because it included a verboten crime scene photo (sorry, mods :(). But more on why I believe the dragging photo (5:32:16) shows both of JA's legs rather than just one:

If you look closely at the upper edge of the dragging photo near the zipper, you'll see a bit of blue. That, imo, is part of the second stripe, such as in this photo of jogging pants with zippers at the legs to help get it over bulky athletic shoes. :

ScreenShot2013-03-31at43508PM_zps9dd216de.png

That would mean the back of the pant leg continued about the same distance from the last stripe as the front of the leg to the first stripe (since stripes are sewn at the sides), making it even more unlikely (imo) that it was a big 'ol elephant leg pant, but rather a typical straight-leg athletic pant. As The Farm explained, at the point in the crime scene photo where the hem stitching goes up an abrupt angle, you can see a line indicating a second pant leg. (To us, anyway.) We think both legs are in the photo and the foot is the left foot, while the outer stripe is on the right leg, with the right foot lost in the dark shadow. MOO

If anyone wants to see the photo I lightened to show more detail than the prosecution's exhibit, please PM me and I'll gladly provide a link.

If both legs are in the photo, how do you propose the picture was taken?

TA neglected to pay appropriate homage and tribute to Queen Jodi of Arias; therefore, off with his head! :eek:

Naturally. I'm not having any problem seeing it that way, so long as I put my JA crown on first.

the knife to me sounds personal and up close and i think that might have been her weapon of choice to make him 'hurt' as much as possible. she may have brought the gun to threaten him, and make him go along with what she wanted.

My personal belief is that he was so initially shocked after the first few stab wounds, he had no idea what was happening and that his attacker was actually JA.

By the time he was cognizant it was she, if ever, he was bleeding out and dead within seconds.

The gun was:

• Overkill, or
  • To more quickly silence him, or
  • To stage the scene to look as though there was more than one assailant.

originally posted by Sundawnn-
".....The photos show there was only 62 seconds from ceiling photo to bloody photo. I don't think Jodi or any novice murderer would think to have a 'back-up' weapon on them. I think we'd all be pretty confident that a fire arm is going to work properly.
So...why the knife??

Your thoughts? "

I count the time as starting from the time stamp on the last photo we know Travis is alive, not from the ceiling shot, so that does give a little more than 62 sec till the foot-dragging photo...but I think the knife was possibly one she carried with her and I think it was in her purse and her purse was in the bathroom so she had easy access I believe he was shot first and when the shot didn't do the trick, she got out the knife....
but
after watching all of the unedited videos, especially # 14, I am close to convinced someone was with her,

I have entertained that notion from jump street.

I mean, it's one thing to make up the intruder story but making one of them, female is very odd.

So something is not right (besides Jodi herself). I think we're missing something.

If there wasn't a second or third person there then, I do believe she wanted to stage it to appear so.

Again, I don't understand why a 28 year old female, who never killed anyone before, would have a need for two weapons. Even seasoned hunters don't usually carry more than one weapon when hunting wild animals.

If you're insanely jealous and you feel rejected, a gun will do the trick. Or just a knife. Not both.

What am I missing?.......(I would love to be a detective I think) :)

:what:
I have posted before (and there are lots of others with similar thoughts) regarding my suspicion that she has quite a thing for knives, intimately associated with the magical thinking she has trumpeted for some time. She has probably been carrying them since she was in High School. She didn't have to look far for the one she used to slash (allegedly) his tires. She had them in her rental car when apprehended (along with a gun). So having both isn't too tough to imagine.

Personally, I think she enjoyed using the knife. Nobody cuts someone's throat like that unless they are really into the close physicality that killing with a knife requires.

A n d . . . I don't even want to consider what role a knife might have played in her forest fantasy.:what:

My personal belief is that he was so initially shocked after the first few stab wounds, he had no idea what was happening and that his attacker was actually JA.

By the time he was cognizant it was she, if ever, he was bleeding out and dead within seconds.

The gun was:

• Overkill, or
  • To more quickly silence him, or
  • To stage the scene to look as though there was more than one assailant.

Ah ha, so think staging was possible too huh?
Thanks! I thought I was the only one! :clap:

I think their whole purpose is to yammer, yammer, yammer and distract attention from the horrible vicious crime. I trust the majority of JM closing will be to focus on that atrocious event.

I think you're right. It is a conscious strategy. They will have managed to put more than a month between the Prosecution's case and the end of their own by the time they rest. That's a long time, and it makes it a lot more difficult to keep that initial case straight. That's why rebuttal will be so critical, and I don't doubt that JM will deliver the goods.

There is another issue which we may not resolve. Some who post, & I include myself in this group, see blood on Travis in the photos of him standing in the shower. Others obviously do not, because they never mention that. It is material because, if there is injury this early in the photo sequence, it puts the lie to the defendant's claim that this all began with an attack from him over the camera. As for myself, I am not imagining blood but I could be mistaking the special effect of a dark stream of water in a few photos for blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven