Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on.......o_O So are they going to complete investigations against CB then show the documentary and charge him - OR just show the documentary, not charge him, then leave it open to suspicion forever?!

What's going on?
Are we expecting a charge soon and NO documentary?
I'm lost!
I would imagine we shall expect charges for the other crimes, then show the documentaries, then after trials etc charge him with the murder of MM - if he is found guilty for the rest... jmo

I would imagine we shall expect charges for the other crimes, then show the documentaries, then after trials etc charge him with the murder of MM - if he is found guilty for the rest... jmo

Please apologize, but that is wishful thinking based on a theory, that media reports would pave the way to a charge.

Maybe that would work out if a sentence is based on the assumption of a jury. But that doesn't work out in germany.

But i must admit the possibility of a kind of step-by-step strategy. Two or more rape and abuse sentences based on a special modus operandi, that are able to build a strong clue in a following case that may have happened at the Algarve as well.

Please apologize, but that is wishful thinking based on a theory, that media reports would pave the way to a charge.

Maybe that would work out if a sentence is based on the assumption of a jury. But that doesn't work out in germany.

But i must admit the possibility of a kind of step-by-step strategy. Two or more rape and abuse sentences based on a special modus operandi, that are able to build a strong clue in a following case that may have happened at the Algarve as well.
Of course not! Has nothing to do with the media paving the way to a charge. Quite the opposite actually. The documentaries not showing yet is mostly related to BKA having asked them not to do it yet - not that they have anything substantial to add to the case.

Eta. Plus we have theorised about a possible strategy of HCW to show that either CB has a particular MO (and thus charge, trial and find him guilty for a string of related crimes before going for MM) or as @Dlk79 said the evidence could be autobiographical writings of CB where he could have written in detail about his crimes and if he is found guilty via other methods for DM's rape (has happened) and HB's rape and the sexual assault of the 10yo girl, nobody would consider the description in these notes of MM's murder as fantasies

Last edited:
It's possible SAT.1 has been tipped off that there might be developments in the case soon?

I think they will be most worried about the product and getting the timing of their launch right.

But by whom Jitty? Unlikely IMO!

More likely would be announced charges against the companies made by FF, if they keep hurting CB's feelings, if you know what i mean.

Something else to consider is that investigative reporters don't have to abide by the same rules as foreign police forces. They can go searching for what they want to find, talk to who they want to talk to, ask what they want ask. All without permission from by PJ or having to get them to carry out requests on your behalf. It's not beyond the realms that they have picked up something useful for the BKA case. JMO.

Something else to consider is that investigative reporters don't have to abide by the same rules as foreign police forces. They can go searching for what they want to find, talk to who they want to talk to, ask what they want ask. All without permission from by PJ or having to get them to carry out requests on your behalf. It's not beyond the realms that they have picked up something useful for the BKA case. JMO.

Right!

But the "useful to the case" - issue could be crucial.

Another problem is, that guys like CB like to feast on that kind of attention. Narcassist, Psycho, whatever.

He is in prison and this is the only attention he gets right now! He will do anything instead of doing a confession.

So as i said, counterproductive IMO.

Like it is with anti-vaxxers! As long as somebody holds a camera and a microphone towards them, as long they will roam the streets with their protests....

Last edited:
Could be a leak...

Made by whom? A member of the prosecutors?

Because journalists may have found out the same or more as the officials?

I doubt that!

To me, it's more like a wanted prejudice-issue playing into the hands of the solicitors in some way.

Made by whom? A member of the prosecutors?

Because journalists may have found out the same or more as the officials?

I doubt that!

To me, it's more like a wanted prejudice-issue playing into the hands of the solicitors in some way.

But why would they advertise the documentaries in the first place? and why did HCW rush to disprove the British docu claims even before it was broadcasted and was unavailable to comment on the German doku claims ? Does it have to do with his ego?

But by whom Jitty? Unlikely IMO!

More likely would be announced charges against the companies made by FF, if they keep hurting CB's feelings, if you know what i mean.
FF has not pressed any charges on any of the tabloid media that put his photo on their first page and proclaiming he is the murderer!

But why would they advertise the documentaries in the first place? and why did HCW rush to disprove the British docu claims even before it was broadcasted and was unavailable to comment on the German doku claims ? Does it have to do with his ego?

Don't forget mwt announced he was filming last summer, and lots has happened since then

Another problem is, that guys like CB like to feast on that kind of attention. Narcassist, Psycho, whatever.

He is in prison and this is the only attention he gets right now! He will do anything instead of doing a confession.

So as i said, counterproductive IMO.

Like it is with anti-vaxxers! As long as somebody holds a camera and a microphone towards them, as long they will roam the streets with their protests....
He wouldn't confess even if he wasn't given that much attention. IMO he is losing it being confined in a prison with noone to vouch for him. He was a drifter, a free bird roaming Europe, committing his crimes with no fixed address and now is the first time he is looking at staying in prison for the foreseeable... i think he is coming to realise his past bad deeds are catching up with him. He broke his ribs on his own, he is writing letters demanding the prosecutors to quit... and mocking the whole investigation. It doesn't appear as if he is enjoying himself currently. Jmo

IMO BKA/HCW are slowly but surely backing CB into a corner & an untenable position. They know that they have enough evidence to charge him with murder but want to ascertain the motive. CB does not appear to be the sort who will take the blame for a crime someone else has instigated and BKA have given him ample opportunity to come forward should he have anything to disclose.
IMO BKA will probably question and charge him with the rape & 2 child sexual assaults (February?). The German documentary will then air, after which the public will have very little doubt CB was responsible for Madeleine's disappearance. The ball will then be firmly in CB's court regarding how much responsibility he is willing to accept.
All MOO.

Well Ted, i'm keeping sceptical!

I do not expect charges due to media reports! There isn't any connection because the german justice-system isn't built on that base!!!

IMHO these reports don't do any favour to the investigations. It's nothing more than pure journalism and we, due to the lack of new info, just should not start any kind of wishful thinking.
Is it true though that the BKA could not interview witnesses who are in Portugal if they don't have the cooperation of the PJ? If so, could both these documentary teams use their status as investigative journalists to get interviews from people of interest to the investigation in Portugal with the consent and knowledge of the BKA?

Eta i have been a consultant in some documentaries (not similar to these mind you) and i know that people open up more easily to journalists than to the police especially if their past is not entirely clean...

Didn't we clear that up earlier? Direct quotes from him from a tabloid that he clearly has a relationship with and regularly engages with. "Direct quotes".

That's as real as it can be.
Not entirely sure on that May 2021.

Hans Christian Wolters, the German prosecutor leading the inquiry, said: "The case against the suspect Christian B for the rape of Hazel Behan is in a good way, and it may be that we can charge him in the next three months.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-set-charged-24023233

Out of interest - has this ever happened in a murder case?

I have certainly seen it in corporate cases - e.g, fraud etc

Theranos is a great recent example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members