Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taskforce88

Former Member
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE:

Please review Websleuths Terms of Service, and specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Posts containing links to FB or other social media accounts that do not belong to either a victim or an officially named POI/suspect are not allowed.

Some posts have been removed but if members are aware of other posts containing the above noted TOS violations, please use the Report feature to let us know so we can remove the post.

As always, members can discuss such things in private conversations (where you can add up to 20 members), but the information is not allowed to be posted on the public threads.

Thank you.

ETA: Typo > "now" was intended to be "not". Big difference there ;)

ADMIN NOTE:

Please stay on topic in this thread.

Also, it is each member's responsibility to preview their post to ensure it appears correctly and does not contain a broken quote. When there are so many broken posts being requoted, they become very difficult to repair and it gets to the point nobody knows what any other member really said. Statements get attributed to the wrong poster and that is really annoying to other members who didn't even say what broken quotes represent them as saying.

If the broken quotes continue, the posts will simply be removed in their entirety because WS staff don't have time to fix posts that members haven't bothered to preview.

Thank you for your courtesy and cooperation.

Looks like, as if the german prosecutors shared some info with the Met?

"Scotland Yard Commissioner Cressida Dick said they will carry on “until there is nothing left to do.”

She told recently how the force is still "working closely” with German and Portuguese authorities after it was revealed that new evidence had come to light strengthening the case against prime suspect Christian B.

But Ms Dick said she couldn't share operational details about a potential breakthrough."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...cann-parents-hunt-daughter-groundhog-day/amp/

Looks like, as if the german prosecutors shared some info with the Met?

"Scotland Yard Commissioner Cressida Dick said they will carry on “until there is nothing left to do.”

She told recently how the force is still "working closely” with German and Portuguese authorities after it was revealed that new evidence had come to light strengthening the case against prime suspect Christian B.

But Ms Dick said she couldn't share operational details about a potential breakthrough."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...cann-parents-hunt-daughter-groundhog-day/amp/
Doesn't surprise me that OG will keep being funded as long as the BKA inquiry continues. After all these years, there's no way they'd miss out on the opportunity to claim a part in any conviction given the money they've spent. The fact their publicly communicated line concerns a "missing person" means nothing, they are obviously pursuing murder scenarios within that scope and judging the quotes coming from the Met and the McCanns, it sounds to me like they feel this BKA investigation into MM is very likely to yield a conviction.

Are you suggesting forensics or the PJ falsified what was found ?
… Why would you automatically assume I’m suggesting falsification of evidence?

HB was raped 3 years before MM went missing, PJ kept the partial print on file until it was identified, supposedly in 2017.
That would suggest to me that they didn’t have the technology to match the partial print in 2004. More than likely they still didn’t have it in 2007. It could well be the case that they didn’t have it right up until 2017.

Or it could be the case that they obtained the technology shortly before 2017, but whatever was found in the box factory raid in 2016, whatever it was that caused BKA and the prosecutors to start to really investigate him for MM, in turn caused them to ask PJ to run any unidentified prints found at 5A against CB.

Simple reasons, none of them nefarious.

ETA - New EU system for fingerprint identification activated – Matthias Monroy

TLDR; Central EU automatic fingerprinting database began trials in 2016, with Germany and Portugal being two of the first member states to trial it. Rolled out in 2018.

Box factory raid - 2016.
SIS II AFIS begins trials in 2016.
Partial fingerprint of HB’s rapist supposedly identified CB in 2017.
BKA start questioning CB’s acquaintances in 2017 (I’m now not convinced that Busching came forward willingly).
“Bar confession” in 2017.
CB arrested for the Messines incident in 2017, extradited back to Germany.
Evidence requested for DM rape in 2018. Convicted 2019.

Given the dates, none of the above convinces me “his friend just so happened to come forward” and they’ve gone from there.
Why didn’t they tell HB that her rapist was identified in 2017? She was on Irish tv last year talking about her ordeal and how she thinks CB was her rapist, so she was clueless to this. Why wasn’t he charged for it?
I really hope it’s because they were already onto him for something much bigger and knew they could get him for HB as well in the long grass.

Last edited:
Have to be honest, still don't understand your point. Claiming CB's defence was "really poor" seems to indicate you think he should have been acquitted. Why though? Do you know he was innocent? For the record, his defence in court regarding the hair was that he 'probably' stroked DM's wandering cat in the street and it then got transferred to her house. The fact that he also had several tapes of him raping women in similar circumstances was just coincidence? The judges in Germany adjudicate on what they think is the most probable scenario, and I don't think many people would think CB's version is the most credible.

Perhaps he might claim his fingerprint got on HB's knife because he was browsing knives in a shop before HB bought it. Is the onus on BKA to prove that isn't what happened? No. Again it comes down to what the judge believes to be most likely. HB said from the outset the intruder spoke English but with an accent that was either German or Dutch... Had a mark on his upper thigh.... And the whole process matches with what CB did in the DM rape. So if they then have his fingerprint on the weapon he threatened her with..... that's about as good evidence you're going to get in a 17 year old case?

And I'm not sure where you are coming from regarding the MM evidence. They are clearly keeping things close to their chest, we don't really know how strong the evidence is. The upcoming documentaries only seem to reinforce BKA's case though as far as I've seen, so not sure why you think otherwise without knowing their content or what's going on behind the scenes.
Not at all he should have been acquitted.
My point is more on the technical detail and substantiation/verification of the real evidences.
Were/are they technically validated? Really just a curiosity.

I do not support PJ's narrative that BKA "fabricate" the hair and maybe now the half a fingerprint. Don't get me wrong, but I expect and want to believe they are/were really solid evidences. Even if it's more than likely CB did it, he has to be charged with strong and accurate proof.
I'm not sure if tapes of him raping women in similar circumstances were really more than only "volatile objects". Were they really used physically as accusation material?
And in that sense, on MM's case, I hope they are reinforcing and consolidating the case against CB with additional evidence, but to be honest (and obviously this is just a personal feeling) when I read one more doc coming in, it sounds like a final appeal(?) and 1 more year waiting for the no longer achievable final clue?
Again, I hope that CB can be charged but not just by "inherence and similarity".

Not at all he should have been acquitted.
My point is more on the technical detail and substantiation/verification of the real evidences.
Were/are they technically validated? Really just a curiosity.

I do not support PJ's narrative that BKA "fabricate" the hair and maybe now the half a fingerprint. Don't get me wrong, but I expect and want to believe they are/were really solid evidences. Even if it's more than likely CB did it, he has to be charged with strong and accurate proof.
I'm not sure if tapes of him raping women in similar circumstances were really more than only "volatile objects". Were they really used physically as accusation material?
And in that sense, on MM's case, I hope they are reinforcing and consolidating the case against CB with additional evidence, but to be honest (and obviously this is just a personal feeling) when I read one more doc coming in, it sounds like a final appeal(?) and 1 more year waiting for the no longer achievable final clue?
Again, I hope that CB can be charged but not just by "inherence and similarity".

He’s been investigated for at least 4 years for this. Not taking into account the fact that he was first called for an alibi for MM’s disappearance in 2013.
We’re being drip-fed what little the Germans want us to know, via tabloids, and you can be sure it’s all strategic.

The documentary has been produced by a British former detective. Not BKA, not the German prosecutors. It was suggested here on the thread that perhaps HCW might lend information to the documentary, but none of us know this for certain. So I wouldn’t write it off as a “final appeal”.
With MWT alluding to the fact he has “new evidence” that “might make the perp talk” (which I wrote off as being totally unrelated when he first said this on Twitter, might have to eat my words!) I would tend to believe he’s going to release it strategically with some sort of announcement from BKA.

Inherence and similarity would never be grounds for conviction in a case like this, especially without a body or any form of forensics. IMO.

IMO, HCW has been leading CB (and the rest of us) on a merry dance. Perhaps so CB wouldn’t suspect the supposed UCO plant in prison? (If that was even true. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was a strategic BKA ploy because they know CB has access to media. Make him paranoid. Make him crave solitary confinement. Make him go off his head and cooperate).

JMO.

Last edited:
He’s been investigated for at least 4 years for this. Not taking into account the fact that he was first called for an alibi for MM’s disappearance in 2013.
We’re being drip-fed what little the Germans want us to know, via tabloids, and you can be sure it’s all strategic.

The documentary has been produced by a British former detective. Not BKA, not the German prosecutors. It was suggested here on the thread that perhaps HCW might lend information to the documentary, but none of us know this for certain. So I wouldn’t write it off as a “final appeal”.
With MWT alluding to the fact he has “new evidence” that “might make the perp talk” (which I wrote off as being totally unrelated when he first said this on Twitter, might have to eat my words!) I would tend to believe he’s going to release it strategically with some sort of announcement from BKA.

Inherence and similarity would never be grounds for conviction in a case like this, especially without a body or any form of forensics. IMO.

IMO, HCW has been leading CB (and the rest of us) on a merry dance. Perhaps so CB wouldn’t suspect the supposed UCO plant in prison? (If that was even true. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was a strategic BKA ploy because they know CB has access to media. Make him paranoid. Make him crave solitary confinement. Make him go off his head and cooperate).

JMO.
...would never be grounds for conviction in a case like this, especially without a body or any form of forensics.
I really really hope so.
If there is some sort of announcement from BKA, that needs to be undeniable.

In regards to BKA strategy, I follow your view even I find it difficult to have CB ever cooperating. By the way where is FF?!

Merry Christmas to you all, and wishes for a better 2022.

Id like to thank all of you that make this thread carry onward. Most of the information you bring I've never heard before and probably would never hear of it at all.
The UK media isn't the best to follow anyway but when they do carry a story it's usually quite small, not much content.

So once again thank you. Sorry I don't post I'm still learning from you all here.

...would never be grounds for conviction in a case like this, especially without a body or any form of forensics.
I really really hope so.
If there is some sort of announcement from BKA, that needs to be undeniable.

In regards to BKA strategy, I follow your view even I find it difficult to have CB ever cooperating. By the way where is FF?!

I don’t believe for a second that CB is cooperating. He’s had no charges (bar what he’s already in for) put against him, hasn’t seen the evidence, so why would he?
I think HCW has been building a picture of him in the media incase they can’t get him for MM. They can charge him for HB’s rape based on the partial fingerprint, the same way they charged him for DM’s rape based on a single hair. Due to the fact his DNA has been collected in two areas where violent crime has occurred, the same violent crime, it can be inferred in those cases that CB is the guilty party. But if all they have on him for MM is him living near PdL, a phone ping in what appears to be a busy enough area given all the statements taken at the time from all over PdL, hearsay from a few former mates and the fact he has a history of abusing children - in an area where paedos are known to frequent (legend has it that there are ‘thousands’ of paedos per square mile. Hey Tim). I don’t see that being enough to infer guilt if they have nothing else. Paedos do tend to escalate their crimes, but it’s a bit of a jump from flashing and upskirting kids in parks and raping adult women, to abducting and murdering a child. So I doubt that’s all they’ve got. HCW has already said that this won’t proceed if they don’t find more solid evidence (I think that was for CB’s benefit). If MSM is to be believed and the prosecutors are now confident it will go to court and they’re doing mock trials etc, I think it can be inferred from that that they have something more solid that we don’t know on him. What we know, CB knows.

FF’s silence intrigues me, too. But no charges have been made so he has no access to the evidence, nothing to defend CB against really. It doesn’t surprise me that he doesn’t want to engage in a public slanging match before things even go to court.

I wonder what CB is having for dinner in solitary confinement. Who will he pull his cracker with?

Well, there should be one or two very polite prison guards who like to give him some nice presents, like in Braunschweig about a year ago.;)

I would assume, that after dinner he may have had some yoghurt?!

Well, there should be one or two very polite prison guards who like to give him some nice presents, like in Braunschweig about a year ago.;)

I would assume, that after dinner he may have had some yoghurt?!

I’m sure CB is used to pulling his own cracker anyway, but yeah… Every paedo deserves a few ‘polite’ prison guards at Christmas, so I hope CB has many :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500