Major Snow Storm:Denver to Green Bay Snowstorm in the Works

Thanks, great idea. I don't have any cooking spray. I wonder if a paper towel or rag with vegetable oil would work? It's worth trying.

I have an association and they are supposed to shovel, but they don't salt, and they aren't always prompt with shoveling so lots of times I do it myself. Once in awhile I'm awoken by the sound of snowblowers at 3am on the rare occasion the association get's the snow plowed before the morning rush.

Still raining here and 45 degrees. They are now saying the storm will be here about 3:00 pm. Fortunately by that time I have already picked the kiddo up from school and we're back home.

crisco, veggie or canola oil, it all works, just grease your snowshovel as if it were a baking pan.

So much for an afternoon of quick errands. It started raining heavily about an hour ago and has turned very cold and windy. Thankfully, I made it to an early morning doctor's appointment, bought a sock monkey, and made a trip to the market for non-perishables. No major snow expected in metro-Detroit, but the rain could continue through tomorrow. We might even hear rumble of thunder! Be safe.

Rain arriving Thursday morning, snow tonight

Getting wetter by the minute in SE Michigan

Author: Andrew Humphrey, Local 4 Meteorologist

Published On: Dec 20 2012 11:30:06 AM EST Updated On: Dec 20 2012 01:07:52 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/weath...850764/-/format/rss_2.0/-/mgf5ad/-/index.html

So much for an afternoon of quick errands. It started raining heavily about an hour ago and has turned very cold and windy. Thankfully, I made it to an early morning doctor's appointment, bought a sock monkey, and made a trip to the market for non-perishables. No major snow expected in metro-Detroit, but the rain could continue through tomorrow. We might even hear rumble of thunder! Be safe.

Rain arriving Thursday morning, snow tonight

Getting wetter by the minute in SE Michigan

Author: Andrew Humphrey, Local 4 Meteorologist

Published On: Dec 20 2012 11:30:06 AM EST Updated On: Dec 20 2012 01:07:52 PM EST

http://www.clickondetroit.com/weath...850764/-/format/rss_2.0/-/mgf5ad/-/index.html

We have driving rain, and wind too. We aren't expecting much snow, but the wind could still put us in blizzard mode tomorrow.

I don't know if cooking oil will work...worth a try. You may have to reapply after so much shoveling.

I'd like to have see peeples dogs too. Yeah we have yellow snow a foot from the back door. Fortunately the number two stuff is out farther away....since one dog does it's little constipation dance for 3 minutes before it produces the desired effect.

We have a beagle-corgi who does that for about 5 minutes. lol It's the funniest thing cause we always tease her...'no, go there, no wait, over there or maybe try over there'

We have about 16" so far. Lost power for a couple hours. That was scary not knowing when or if it would come back on. My husband went up to the grocery store just now, about three blocks from our house, and saw five cars stuck in the snow. he only got some soda before they said everyone had to leave, they were closing.

I was excited for this at first but now it's truly scary.

Stay safe, everyone.

snow just arrived in earnest, wind warnings, temp dropped about 30 degrees. Gonna suck on the drive home from werk later.

Be safe everyone, we are not expected to get nearly what everyone else is, so you folks with real blizzard and high snow fall conditions be careful, ya hear?

I hate to hear of any weather related fatalities. Very sad. I did read about the 25 car pile up in Iowa, with one fatality. I was unaware of the other 3.

It's still 45 degree's here in the Chicago area. Got up to 49. Wind has picked up and we have had a ton of rain. I think it is now expected to come in between 4-5.

Sure wish my iPad would let me upload a picture! It's unreal out there!

The high gusting driving winds are pelting our windows and roof at werk with sweetgum balls, many of which were still on the trees because of the mild winter weather we've had so far.

Sounds like gunfire.

Pop

Pop pop

pop

pop pop pop

eeery feeling. Jumpy

Up to 18.5 inches of snow measured near Middleton, Wisconsin - @weatherchannel

Eighteen and a half inches! Drifts are going to be horrendous.

Our piddling little 3 inches is a snow slush mess....so we are lucky....this time.

Up to 18.5 inches of snow measured near Middleton, Wisconsin - @weatherchannel

That's right by us and yep, that or more. I went outside to brush off the satellite dish and I stepped into snow past my knees!

Eighteen and a half inches! Drifts are going to be horrendous.

Our piddling little 3 inches is a snow slush mess....so we are lucky....this time.

We live in town and there's a very slight hill going up the road to go out of the subdivision. My husband said we most likely won't be able to make it up that hill to leave for work tomorrow. They stopped plowing the residential streets and are focusing on the main highways and county roads. They already started closing schools for tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm not going to work again.

We live in town and there's a very slight hill going up the road to go out of the subdivision. My husband said we most likely won't be able to make it up that hill to leave for work tomorrow. They stopped plowing the residential streets and are focusing on the main highways and county roads. They already started closing schools for tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm not going to work again.

We used to live on a street with the slightest incline. Yet people had to slow down where the street crossed another. The result was snow that melted into ice on what appears to be a level clear street. Many, many people couldn't go up the street or across. We'd hear the wheels spinning and then the cars sliding back down. Normally people gave it two tries before giving up and going around.

If you don't have to work don't go in. I spend many a 'vacation' day year after year when the weather got bad.

Nothing here yet. Still raining.

ETA: I take that back. The rain has turned to snow, but nothing is sticking yet.

Soooo many around here without power. Luckily ours hasn't gone out again. No power = no heat. Ugh.

The irony of the world supposedly ending tomorrow is not lost on me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back