MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

SieSie said:
No kidding Poco?! Cool! I was born and raised there, but moved to Michigan when I was 19 (about 16 years ago). What school district did you go to? I lived in the Hempfield school district, but graduated from a private school on Lincoln Hwy. East.

Maybe we grew up together?! LOL!

Still wondering why there isn't any news AT ALL on this case.....

Anyway, Siesie - I, too, was born and raised in Lancaster until the age of 15, when we moved to Texas. We lived in Hempfield and, of course, I attended Hempfield until the middle of 10th grade. We lived in Golden Acres which is off of Nolt Road. Moved to Texas, lived there for umpteen years, then back to Lancaster for 17 years.... Now I'm in Florida and have been here for 1 1/2 years; I think I'm staying.

What year did you graduate????

There is an article in the Washington Post today saying that Luna mayhave killed himself:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38940-2004Mar7.html

If he was in severe debt and had stolen money from the evidence room, he might have killed himself out of shame and tried to make it look like murder so his family would get life insurance proceeds. I am curious to know whether he had life insurance policies from his employment and anywhere else, and whether they forbade payouts for suicides.

Have they ever revealed the identity of the caller who rang him right before he left home that night. Was that call the female FBI agent above??

On The Record with Greta right now - they are looking at the possibility that this was a suicide!! Dr. Baden talking - no other tire marks or shoe prints in the area.

There is supposed to be a press conference in Baltimore this afternoon (3/12) held by the FBI and the PA State Police to address the Luna case.

I wonder if they are going to announce that it has been found to be a suicide. Supposedly, a lot of the initial information that came out about Luna's last hours was incorrect, possibly due to his attempt to protect and benefit his family by making his death look like a homicide.

Finally News On The Luna Case!

I've been waiting and wondering since December why no word on Luna.

Then today I heard on Fox that the FBI is offering a reward of up to
$100,000 for information about his death!!

They were asking for anyone who saw his car anywhere along the
route or at the rest stop to notify the FBI.

Why, I wonder, would they wait so darn long to do this?

My personal opinion is that he didn't commit suicide with his pen knife.

I believe he was murdered and sure hope they catch whoever did it!

I can't believe the FBI hasn't been able to solve this case by now. Shouldn't they have all the latest technics and equipment? What the heck!!
This case is puzzeling. It's hard to sleuth effectively, IMO, when you just have facts from the media, AND THEY'RE CONTRADICTORY of one another at best and or just plain wrong in the facts reported.
What stands out at me are a few things.
1. He left that cell message for the other attorney that he was going home for a little while but would return to his office and have the papers he was working on completed and faxed to him.
2. He left his cell phone at the office.
This tells me he was planning on being at the office later AND he, IMO, had plans on being right back (which was why he didn't take his cell). This guy was an attorney, they never go anywhere for any length of time without their cell phone.
The missing evidence $$ AND the loan application AND the credit card debt is curious. IMO, it's possible he had a gambling problem. I don't want to besmirch him, he seems, from all accounts, like a good man. But, we all have our secrets. Some, just more than others.
I don't see how someone could stab themself that many times and have it be suicide. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus, why did they find or link the pen knife or whatever as the weapon used so long AFTER the crime? Why didn't they say it was the weapon from the get-go?
I'm not sure what it is, but I would be willing to bet that at least that credit card debt has something to do with the crime. Not that a cc company would do this to a customer, but the REASON for the debt connected to the crime.
JMHO
fran

from the Intelligencer-Journal:
Dr. Gary Kirchner, the county coroner, said the autopsy report is clear.

"Luna was stabbed 36 times and died from freshwater drowning," Kirchner said. "There just isn't any way this is a suicide."

Retired Coroner Dr. Barry Walp, who pronounced Luna dead Dec. 4, agreed.

"It's still a homicide," Walp said. "I don't know where this
stuff about suicide is coming from."

I'm theorizing that Luna picked up the wrong prostitute, either male or female, and ended up stabbed with his own pocketknife.

Prostitute leaves the vehicle, Luna drives away bleeding. Loss of blood eventually leads to his driving off the side of the road, and into the shallow creek.

He stumbles from his car, falls face down into the creek, and drowns in shallow water, no strength left to pick himself back up.

LovelyPigeon said:
I'm theorizing that Luna picked up the wrong prostitute, either male or female, and ended up stabbed with his own pocketknife.

Prostitute leaves the vehicle, Luna drives away bleeding. Loss of blood eventually leads to his driving off the side of the road, and into the shallow creek.

He stumbles from his car, falls face down into the creek, and drowns in shallow water, no strength left to pick himself back up.

So why drive all the way to SE PA for a hooker? Are they better there?

MysteryAddict said:
Good question POCO!

I love your gardening cartoon!

Mystery Addict

Thanks, I draw them all myself!

:liar:

Why drive to PA at all? Maybe he didn't want to be caught in his own district.

I dunno.

What's your theory?

LovelyPigeon said:
Why drive to PA at all? Maybe he didn't want to be caught in his own district.

I dunno.

What's your theory?

Caught doing what????

My theory???? Hmmmm...... Whenever someone posts what they think might have happened, I disagree. Yet, I have no idea what I think might have happened. I need more clues!!!!

Who called him at home that evening to make him return to the office?
Why did he leave his cell phone and wallet at the office when he left for his "journey?"
Why did he take such a circuitous route if his intentions were to end up in Ephrata, PA?

I wish we would hear more on this!!!

poco, I don't know about wallet or cell phone left behind.

Walp said Luna was dressed in a suit and overcoat, and had his wallet with identification and cash, but it was unclear whether he had been robbed.

Money and cell phone equipment also were found inside his car, which had blood on the driver's side door and fender and a large pool of blood on the floor, according to a police search warrant application. The affidavit said Luna also had a "traumatic wound" on the right side of his head.

LovelyPigeon said:
poco, I don't know about wallet or cell phone left behind.

Walp said Luna was dressed in a suit and overcoat, and had his wallet with identification and cash, but it was unclear whether he had been robbed.

Money and cell phone equipment also were found inside his car, which had blood on the driver's side door and fender and a large pool of blood on the floor, according to a police search warrant application. The affidavit said Luna also had a "traumatic wound" on the right side of his head.

One of the very first articles on this indicated that he left his cell phone and keys (sorry, it was keys, not wallet) at his office. It is written in one of the links attached to one of the first few threads. I knew I remembered reading about it - just have had time to search out which newspaper actually wrote about this.

Also, they said money and CELL PHONE EQUIPMENT were found inside his car - not necessarily a cell phone.

If I have time later to day I will try to track down the exact link.

The only article I could find Googling was from the NY Post (tabloid), which said Luna left his cell phone and glasses behind in his office.

The same article also said that Luna was severely beaten, which turned out not to be true.

It's true that none of the articles state that a cell phone was found in the car--they all say "cell phone equipment".

LovelyPigeon said:
The only article I could find Googling was from the NY Post (tabloid), which said Luna left his cell phone and glasses behind in his office.

The same article also said that Luna was severely beaten, which turned out not to be true.

It's true that none of the articles state that a cell phone was found in the car--they all say "cell phone equipment".

Hmmmmmm, so what can we deduce from this?????????????? Nothing, I guess. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back