Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if she decides to go home once she is cleared of the charges, she's "fleeing"? Are the jury that gullible?

So if she decides to go home once she is cleared of the charges, she's "fleeing"? Are the jury that gullible?
Ha, got your reply here rather than over there. ;) Well, I would assume if they think they are not guilty, they would not concede to this hint about never making it to the high court prosecutorial appeal. But I still hope a few turnip heads aren't moved by this....Right, the PMFers will view them as fleeing justice too if acquitted. good grief

In response to requests for links and more information to Bongiorno connecting Knox with a dominatrix, femme fatale and Venus in Furs - see link. The Venus in Furs reference says it all, but it's spelled out a little more clearly here:

"Amanda Knox "trasformata nella la Venere in pelliccia", personaggio della letteratura decadente; Amanda Knox "famme fatale dominatrice"; Amanda Knox come Jessica Rabbit "apparentemente una mangiatrice di uomini ma in realta' una donna fedele e innamorata".

http://www.agi.it/perugia/notizie/2...iorno_amanda_knox_come_la_venere_in_pelliccia

Adding this quote, too: from Telegraph piece cited above:

"We know what will happen if you absolve. She will escape overseas and we won't be able to do anything about it," Giuliano Mignini, the chief prosecutor, told the jury in the court in Perugia where Knox is appealing her 26-year jail sentence.

Adding this quote, too:

Mignini said that in the context of pointing out that there are three stages to this trial and the third is yet to come. He's pointing out that she will not be present for the third stage if the verdict is overturned even though the third stage could confirm her guilt.

In response to requests for links and more information to Bongiorno connecting Knox with a dominatrix, femme fatale and Venus in Furs - see link. The Venus in Furs reference says it all, but it's spelled out a little more clearly here:

"Amanda Knox "trasformata nella la Venere in pelliccia", personaggio della letteratura decadente; Amanda Knox "famme fatale dominatrice"; Amanda Knox come Jessica Rabbit "apparentemente una mangiatrice di uomini ma in realta' una donna fedele e innamorata".

http://www.agi.it/perugia/notizie/2...iorno_amanda_knox_come_la_venere_in_pelliccia
Yes, I had read all of this yesterday, and it is very clear that she is saying that the "Venus in Furs" domanitrix thing is an illusion, that she is only drawn that way. How could she be such a birdbrain to be telling the jury she is a domanitrix, when her reputation rides on getting an acquittal??? Let's get real.

She doesn't even look like a femme fatale. She looks like that nice girl next door.

Hardly clear from the machine translation, but reading the rest of the article, get the impression that she is saying Knox has been painted by others as this femme fatale. What you're interpreting it as doesn't make sense logically, and is at odds with english language articles that we can fully understand.

Right, painted by others, not by the attorney herself, it is painfully obvious that that would be an act of supreme stupidity, to sell Knox as a domanitrix.
Hardly clear from the machine translation, but reading the rest of the article, get the impression that she is saying Knox has been painted by others as this femme fatale. What you're interpreting it as doesn't make sense logically, and is at odds with english language articles that we can fully understand.

Other than Bongiorno, who has described or "painted" Knox as a dominatrix?

Other than Bongiorno, who has described Knox as a dominatrix?
She believes Mignini and the press did, with the "<modsnip> went wild for sex" type of claims, and the idea that she urged Sollecito and Guede on---one does not have to use the exact word to convey it. Beware of being too literal.

Other than Bongiorno, who has described or "painted" Knox as a dominatrix?

The crime is a sex crime because the victim was stripped of clothes. If Amanda Knox committed the crime, she must have been in pursuit of sex as well. Therefore, by prosecuting her, she is required to be a highly sexually aggressive person. Either she is sex crazed, and wanted Meredith sexually, or she is sex dominated, and is orchestrating a sexual game (dominatrix). That's about the only options you have with the evidence in the room (and with her as a perpetrator). If she was not a perpetrator, but an accessory, then she is not sex crazed, did not participate, but covered it up. Presumably because she was under the will of Sollecito. Seems unlikely.

The default position actually has to be that she's a dominatrix to make the crime fit.

are you all not secure in an acquittal? I think they will win this appeal although I admit to being stunned at the verdict originally.

are you all not secure in an acquittal? I think they will win this appeal although I admit to being stunned at the verdict originally.

I am reasonably sure of acquittal. However, I think that there was sufficient reasonable doubt to warrant acquittal at the first trial, too. I am less sure about Amanda's calumnia charge -- I think it could go either way. Patrick clearly blames Amanda over LE.

I don't trust the Italian jury and the court system and for that reason I am not confident of an acquittal. At some point it appears that evidence is not important to the jury--merely the illusion they have about the defendants.

I don't trust the Italian jury and the court system and for that reason I am not confident of an acquittal. At some point it appears that evidence is not important to the jury--merely the illusion they have about the defendants.

Agree! Nothing would surprise me, including "guilty but sentenced to time served" - it's Italian logic (I'm of Italian extraction) - it's the notion of trying to please all sides, and the best solution to a dispute is when both sides are not completely happy with the solution ( okay, please play theme from the Godfather here..)

Agree! Nothing would surprise me, including "guilty but sentenced to time served" - it's Italian logic (I'm of Italian extraction) - it's the notion of trying to please all sides, and the best solution to a dispute is when both sides are not completely happy with the solution ( okay, please play theme from the Godfather here..)
:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member