Deceased/Not Found MI - Carlee Morse, 16, Westland, 19 Aug 2010 *J. Yoshikawa guilty*

Okay, one more. This one actually has the most information about what happened in court today.
http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20101221/NEWS24/101221005

Prosecution called for a delay in the hearing due to evidence not coming in. The phone records and the DNA evidence. Judge ruled that prosecution had filed for the evidence in a timely manner, and it was not the prosecution's fault.

The hearing for all three defendants was adjourned until 1:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 13.
Defense feels the delay is not fair, and that the suspects should be free while waiting, not in jail.
But, NC is a 4th time offender, so he's sitting tight, and JY, because he confessed, is also sitting tight. Held without bond until hearing in January.

Judge refused to reduce TL (NC's mother)'s 300,000 bond, saying that she had attempted to intimidate a witness, and it was 4 months after CM's disappearance. So she needed to sit tight as well, because the court would not tolerate such things. Defense argued she was in danger of losing her job that she'd had for 15 years. Judge said tough (I am paraphrasing, of course).

Thanks georgiajean. I saw that page earlier this morning. I meant to link it, but for some reason I just didn't want more people giving it traffic. The person who runs JY's page is clearly a girl...Alyssa....and she is 'very good friends' with JY. She and several others are just adamant that he did nothing wrong because he's always been so nice to them.

Even his confession of killing Carlee isn't enough to convince them of his guilt. On a bright note, Carlee's friends and family frequent that page and have no problem telling them off for their exteme insensitivity.

Yeah, I can understand that. CM's supporters are definitely giving them a run for their money. I predict the page will be down by morning. The conspiracy theory JY's supporters are running just doesn't hold much water. Yes, there is more to the story. Not sure what it is, but I don't think it is that JY is innocent. Just a hunch. Anyone else have thoughts about whether the police forced a confession?

It sounds like....from what I've read (chalk up to RUMOR) on FB.....that JY had recently begun hanging around a bad crowd, including NC. They were friends with Carlee's boyfriend. Carlee had also been somewhat hanging out with this crowd....and may have been doing drugs in her last few months. In fact, many people speculate that the reason she was outside for a phone call was because she was wanting to score some drugs....either via someone on the phone or someone in the apartment complex. My understanding is that JY and/or NC also lived in the apartment complex.

What's bothering me is Carlee's boyfriend. Where is he and why hasn't he come forward?? This long after her going missing, I would think we would at least know his name. Odd that he has remained out of the spotlight.

TL owns a home with farms and heavy wooded areas right across from her. That all needs to be searched. Her son NC, has his own house in Taylor. Hopefully they have searched his home and backyard too.

Carlee's friends and family should coordinate a search, if possible. This young girl needs to be found so her mother can have her baby back.

Frankly, I don't know how moms and dads can hold it all together when their child goes missing. I think i'd just about go crazy if this happened to one of my girls. :(

I believe this is CM's myspace page.
http://www.myspace.com/ii_carlee_ii
Camaflauged, as many teens do, by using different info. like she lives in Warren, Zimbabwe, and makes $250,000 a year.
Hometown is Garden City...
Last update is August 17 at 11:55 pm.
Background is rotating Marijuana leaves.
Does the pic look like her to anyone?
LE has probably already found this, right?

TL owns a home with farms and heavy wooded areas right across from her. That all needs to be searched. Her son NC, has his own house in Taylor. Hopefully they have searched his home and backyard too.

Carlee's friends and family should coordinate a search, if possible. This young girl needs to be found so her mother can have her baby back.

Frankly, I don't know how moms and dads can hold it all together when their child goes missing. I think i'd just about go crazy if this happened to one of my girls. :(

How does he have his own home? :waitasec:

How does he have his own home? :waitasec:

Hi Evelyn24 :) The mother took out an $18k mortgage for a house in Taylor, and she transferred the house to her son on the same day. (This is all according to the county register.) The mom lives in Van Buren Twsp. and has her own place. Lots of woods and farms adjacent to her house. What a mom. :furious: Also according to the mdoc, the son was involved in not only marijuana, but meth. Our economy is so bad in Michigan, it makes you wonder how a 22 year old was able to pay a monthly mortgage and all of the upkeep on a house.

Was able to read the status feed for CM's myspace (linked above). Mentions several of the participants in this crime, including one of her murderers. Mentions a name of a guy, seems like it might be her boyfriend.
Hard read, but it might give some clues.

Finally finished with the myspace stream. Goes back to 2008.
Not sure what to say except self-destructive behaviors (drugs, alcohol, talk of suicide, boyfriends, and pregnancy) are evident. Definitely have a name for her boyfriend, but not comfortable posting it since it hasn't been in the media. And have had no luck finding the person on social sites, but I'll keep looking.

I believe this is CM's myspace page.
http://www.myspace.com/ii_carlee_ii

Her blogs, in a certain sense, are heartbreaking.

Free JY
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Free-Justin-Yoshikawa/184644351549817?v=wall

The Free NC page was shut down by posters reporting the page. They hope to do the same to JY's page.
I scanned through the comments, and didn't see anything useful. But the pictures are interesting, if anyone wants to archive them.

Seems to be more people supporting the idea that they murdered her on that page, than not. Personally, I don't want to see that page removed because it seems family members put that up for JY. I think that it's a good idea the family has to face the idea/fact that their family member murdered a young girl - for whatever reason.

Finally finished with the myspace stream. Goes back to 2008.
Not sure what to say except self-destructive behaviors (drugs, alcohol, talk of suicide, boyfriends, and pregnancy) are evident. Definitely have a name for her boyfriend, but not comfortable posting it since it hasn't been in the media. And have had no luck finding the person on social sites, but I'll keep looking.

Ugh.....this certainly doesn't put her in a good light. I wonder if her own behaviors haven't contributed to why no one seems to be covering her case.

Did you notice all of the gang signs/clothing of the bf/friends?? Even according to Carlee, there were many people--primarily girls--who really didn't like her.
Clearly she was doing more than a little bit of weed....or even experimenting. She--at some points--appears to be selling drugs/dating a dealer.

She is VERY heavy into serious issues. God, I wish her mom had monitored her myspace page. It's open for the world to see.....surely someone in her life would have checked it and seen the obvious red flags. So sad.

The lesson I take away from recent cases, (JB, BS, and CM), and this 11 year old boy in Detroit who recently died as a result of the "choking game", is that parents need to monitor myspace, facebook, and now this Stickam live video social network. In particular, the boy's parents had talked to him about the choking game, and he'd sworn he would never be stupid enough to do it. When LE looked at his facebook page after his death, they found references to the game, and videos of him doing it.

Talking is no longer enough. If, as a parent, you are not comfortable monitoring technology use, then the kids/teens shouldn't have it. Many teens are going to have a tough time in adolescence, and these social networking sites can give adults a heads up about trouble. BS's mom was on her sites, and somehow failed to read the signs. JB's parents were not monitoring.

How much did CM's parents know about what she was doing? Did it matter to them? She was going to school half days, some kind of alternative program for troubled teens. Lots and lots of free time, a cell phone, computer... Was this an out of control teen who was so sweet and good at home that her parents believed her, rather than realizing that many, many teens lie, especially teens involved in drugs and alcohol? Her family has portrayed her as sweet to the media. Not that they would necessarily say, "well, you know, she was hanging out with gangs, had a lot of enemies, was using a lot of pills and pot, and had a lot of boyfriends."

How many hundreds and thousands of teens are on this same path? It is really horrifying to get an up-close glimpse of what our inner-city culture/environments do to youth. Ugh.

I honestly don't know if these parents....not Carlee's specifically.....are just completely clueless about the internet and the world in which their children are growing up or if these are the new 'latch key kids'.....who's parents constantly work and can't make time to monitor their children's behavior. But....then again.....in Carlee's case she was already in an alternative school, right?? So, clearly, mom would have known about some of her child's issues.

I just don't understand the lack of curiosity on the part of parents these days. I'm certain that looking in Carlee's room, doing a google search on her name, eavesdropping in on her phone calls, reading her texts on the phone MOM was likely paying for....ALL would have likely given mom clues about her daughter's behavior/s. Same goes for Brittany S, Jean B, and so many others.
I know these parents LOVE their kids. I just don't understand why they don't monitor what is going on in their children's lives. imho.

There is an alternate explanation that she was writing things on Myspace to appear cool, and that she really didn't do much of anything. That to fit in with her group of friends, you talked the gangsta rap urban lingo, but it didn't mean anything.

The hearing for Carlee's murderers is today. I am hoping the prosecution was able to get the evidence they asked for, and that it shed light on the happenings of that night back in August.
RIP Carlee.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110113/NEWS02/110113055/Man-in-Westland-murder-case-gives-testimony

NC testified that JY killed CM by strangling her with a dog leash. They then dumped her body in a dumpster behind a church. NC said he and CM smoked pot in his car while JY hid in the backseat and then strangled her. NC held her feet.

JY is the former boyfriend of CM, and hatched the plot to kill her. NC went along with it.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2011/01/13/none/doc4d2f6366525cd931457537.txt
NC pled guilty to 2nd degree manslaughter. He took a plea deal to testify against JY, and faces 20 to 50 years in prison.
JY is going to trial, which starts Jan. 20th. He is being charged with 1st degree murder.

http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20110113/NEWS24/110113010
If convicted, JY will face mandatory life in prison, without parole.
In JY's statement to police in Dec, he admitted killing CM, and said she had stolen from him and he killed her over their past differences.
After disposing of her body, JY went to Alabama where he stayed with his mom, suffered a mental breakdown, and was hospitalized.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110113/METRO01/101130457/1409/METRO08
NC lured CM out by texting her to come smoke a joint with him.
JY broke CM's joints, after death, and put her in a 35gallon trash bag before dumping her in the dumpster of a remote church. They can't remember where the church is, but have provided diagrams.

BTW, this could be just a mistake, but the Free JY FB is gone/removed (on my end.)

BTW, this could be just a mistake, but the Free JY FB is gone/removed (on my end.)

I definitely can't find it. I read a comment on one of the FB pages that said they had heard that NC did it, but was blaming it on JY. NC, being a 4th-time offender, is in deep deep trouble anyway.

I keep thinking about CM's mom saying how much they liked JY, and that when CM was with him, they didn't worry. Little did they realize he was the one to worry about the most.

Late that day or early the next morning, the pair drove for 1-2 hours looking for a place to dump the body, coming upon a red brick church with a trash container.

Read more: Co-defendant: Girl was strangled with dog leash | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201101...rl-was-strangled-with-dog-leash#ixzz1B1mVIBOo

If they drove for 1-2 hours they would more than likely have been in Ohio. Hope LE is looking at Ohio Landfills for Carlee. Praying that they find her soon!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back