Deceased/Not Found MI - Carlee Morse, 16, Westland, 19 Aug 2010 *J. Yoshikawa guilty*

Late that day or early the next morning, the pair drove for 1-2 hours looking for a place to dump the body, coming upon a red brick church with a trash container.

Read more: Co-defendant: Girl was strangled with dog leash | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201101...rl-was-strangled-with-dog-leash#ixzz1B1mVIBOo

If they drove for 1-2 hours they would more than likely have been in Ohio. Hope LE is looking at Ohio Landfills for Carlee. Praying that they find her soon!!

I agree. Wonder how hard it would be to look at a map and use Google to try and identify the building? If they were driving on highway/freeways, they could be 120-150 miles out? I am assuming they were driving close to the speed limit, which may be a bad assumption. Just didn't think they'd be driving too fast, with a body in the trunk. IMO.

I agree. Wonder how hard it would be to look at a map and use Google to try and identify the building? If they were driving on highway/freeways, they could be 120-150 miles out? I am assuming they were driving close to the speed limit, which may be a bad assumption. Just didn't think they'd be driving too fast, with a body in the trunk. IMO.

I have been following this case, just want to jump in with a couple of things...
IF they were driving the freeways & speed limit they would have been 60-120 miles out...
IF they were driving & looking for a place to dump her, I wouldn't think they would be on the freeway...
Depending what direction they were headed would identify what state they were in (as in MI or OH, not their mental state)
Praying they find her! Prayers to her family and friends in this horrible time!

I have been following this case, just want to jump in with a couple of things...
IF they were driving the freeways & speed limit they would have been 60-120 miles out...
IF they were driving & looking for a place to dump her, I wouldn't think they would be on the freeway...
Depending what direction they were headed would identify what state they were in (as in MI or OH, not their mental state)
Praying they find her! Prayers to her family and friends in this horrible time!

I looked back at the articles reporting the testimony in court. NC said they drove South, for 1 to 2 hours. Where does that put them?

I looked back at the articles reporting the testimony in court. NC said they drove South, for 1 to 2 hours. Where does that put them?

Just over an hour would put them in Ohio driving the freeway with NO stops...

I personally think they must not have driven the freeway if they were looking for a place, UNLESS their intentions were to get to Ohio then start looking...

Just over an hour would put them in Ohio driving the freeway with NO stops...

I personally think they must not have driven the freeway if they were looking for a place, UNLESS their intentions were to get to Ohio then start looking...

If they left from Taylor (where NC's house was, and where they went after CM's murder), it is a straight shot south on 24, also named Telegraph Rd. These are the brick churches I could find outside of Toledo OH, on or right off of 23/Telegraph Rd. It's a start, and shows how many brick churches there are. They are either White, or Brick. Needle in a haystack, for sure.
If we could see the diagrams that NC/JY reportedly drew of the location, that would help.

First Presbyterian Church
108 Washington Street
Monroe, MI 48161-2151

St Charles Catholic Church
8109 Swan Creek Road
MI 48166-9728

Bedford Missionary Church
Temperance, MI 48182

Alexis Congregational Church
6202 North Detroit Avenue
Toledo, OH 43612-4811

First Presbyterian Church
2029 Manhattan Street
Erie, MI 48133-9208

St Joseph Church
2214 Manhattan Street
Erie, MI 48133-9647

NC has been sentenced to 25-50 years for his part in the murder of CM.
http://www.freep.com/article/201102...go-unanswered-man-sentenced-teen-girl-s-death

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...-sentenced-in-carlee-morse-case-20110203-wpms

In the video attached to the above article, CM's mom and sister speak out in court. NC gives his only statement: "At the time of her murder, I looked up and JY had a knife in his hand. If I hadn't gone through with it, I would be dead, too."

The guy was in the front seat. What would have stopped him from jumping out of the car and honking the horn? Weak excuse from a weak excuse.

I was looking at Carlee's case tonight, and could NOT believe that NCMEC still has her case classified as a runaway. Even after there have been people charged in her murder. Wow.

Toledo, OH 43612-4811

http://alexiscongregationalchurch.com/mens group.html

Just about exactly 1 hour from Westland/Taylor.

Detroit Ave, like Telegraph, can be driven straight through from Detroit to (and through) Toledo.

2 Hours South would put them nearer to Bowling Green to Findley Oh

Toledo, OH 43612-4811

Detroit Ave, like Telegraph, can be driven straight through from Detroit to (and through) Toledo.

That sure looks like a likely place... It is one of the churches I have on my list up above. Hmmm. Wonder where their dumpsters are dumped at?

If they were in a drugged state--the reason they gave for not being able to say WHERE they left CM's body--they would have driven straight on a main drag, I would imagine.

What is the likelihood that her body will be found, without info from the murderers?
Is it even possible her body could be found if they "remembered" where they left her? August is such a long time ago...

That sure looks like a likely place... It is one of the churches I have on my list up above. Hmmm. Wonder where their dumpsters are dumped at?

If they were in a drugged state--the reason they gave for not being able to say WHERE they left CM's body--they would have driven straight on a main drag, I would imagine.

What is the likelihood that her body will be found, without info from the murderers?
Is it even possible her body could be found if they "remembered" where they left her? August is such a long time ago...

I chose that church over others because it is on Detroit Ave, just over the OH/MI line, across from a liquor store and in a mixed industrial residential area. The 2 churches up in Erie MI are both Red Brick as well, the St. Joes church is a part of a larger Catholic School complex and is more likely to have dumpsters.

As far as the landfill, probably here, which is about 1 and 1/2 miles away from the Alexis Rd church......

Hoffman Road Landfill
3962 Hoffman Road
Toledo, OH 43611

Although I agree, it's very long ago

Should have some news, as JY and TL were due back in court today...

Link to court hearings for the 3 involved (JY, NC, TL)
http://www.waynecounty.com/documents/wcpo_docs

Defendants: Yoshikawa, Justin; Cottrell, Nicholas; Lowe, Tina Marie

Case # 11-000471

Charges:
Murder 1;
Lowe - Acc after the fact

Next Action Dates
3/11/2011 - FC(Def 3);
2/3/2011 -SE (Def 2);
3/11/2011 - Comp(Def 1)

Jude: Third Circuit -Evans

Summary: Charged in the death of Carlee Morse. Def # 2 SE 25-50 years (2-3-10).

I hope she is found soon, it must be horrible for her family to go through this and yet no body has been found.

I hope she is found soon, it must be horrible for her family to go through this and yet no body has been found.

I agree. Can't imagine what it would be like to hear what they heard in court, about what happened to CM and where she was left.
I will keep following this case until they find her body.

Toledo, OH 43612-4811

With Google and Bing maps you can see a shed at the back corner of the parking lot, but no dumpster. I realize they show old images though.

This reminds me of the Tori Stafford case. The accused gave police a very detailed description of the area, about 50 minutes away. They finally found her just barely outside that 50 minute area.

Posting what I found on the internet today, for Carlee.

Video of family and friends releasing lanterns for Carlee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiLUGhm6p0&feature=player_embedded#at=12

Carlee is one of 143 missing people in Michigan. This article is about a database Michigan is creating to log DNA and case information.
http://detnews.com/article/20110312...-compiling-public-database-of-missing-persons
In the Westland case, Carlee Morse stepped outside her family's apartment near Warren and Venoy on Aug. 20. She never returned. Two men were arrested in December in her death. Nicholas Cottrell, 22, was sentenced to 25 to 50 years in prison after pleading guilty to charges of second-degree murder. His co-defendant, 19-year-old Justin Yoshikawa, faces a first-degree murder trial on claims he strangled Morse and discarded her body.

Man charged in killing Westland teen found competent to stand trial

A man charged with murdering a Westland teenager has been found competent to stand trial.

At a hearing Friday morning, Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Ulysses Boykin accepted a psychologist's report that Justin Lee Yoshikawa, 19, is criminally responsible and competent to stand trial. Yoshikawa is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Carlee Morse, 16.

More: http://www.hometownlife.com/article/20110403/NEWS24/104030474

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back