MI MI - Kimberly King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979

I was reading about this earlier, hoping it was on WS. Thanks for the other links... going to read...

I was going to post the Macomb Daily article but someone beat me to it. It answers another poster's question about how the guy snatched the girl without being seen. The story on the Charley Project is not correct. She vanished at night not in the morning. She hitchhiking down 9 Mile Road at night--that's asking for trouble. I've been living in Warren since '98 and the corner where Ms. King made her phone call is very close to where I live. Gratiot, though, is a goodly drive. I don't know what would possess someone to decide to walk 4 miles down 9 Mile Road that late at night. I wouldn't do that and I was an adult at the time this girl vanished. So she was hitchhiking. Why a 12-year-old girl would do that is beyond me. I never hitchhiked in my life. I never accepted a ride from a complete stranger--well, once, but the circumstances were different and I wasn't hitching. So she may not even have vanished in Warren. Gratiot and 9 Mile is a different city--Eastpointe (called East Detroit in 1979). I doubt she made it to Gratiot. That's a long walk. Somebody got her somewhere along 9 Mile I would wager. Girls out there, NEVER EVER HITCHHIKE! It is NOT SAFE! This poor girl didn't deserve her fate but with a little common sense she could easily have avoided it.

bump

This month marks 31 years that Kimberly has been missing. Come home soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2544/9/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: Charting available to be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted-tests complete
Fingerprints: Available elsewhere

(picture to the right: age progression to 43, circa 2009)

Attachments

• KKing.jpg
    KKing.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 147
  • KKing2.jpg
    KKing2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 40
  • KKing1 age progressed to age 43 (circa 2009).jpg
    KKing1 age progressed to age 43 (circa 2009).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 146
I was going to post the Macomb Daily article but someone beat me to it. It answers another poster's question about how the guy snatched the girl without being seen. The story on the Charley Project is not correct. She vanished at night not in the morning. She hitchhiking down 9 Mile Road at night--that's asking for trouble. I've been living in Warren since '98 and the corner where Ms. King made her phone call is very close to where I live. Gratiot, though, is a goodly drive. I don't know what would possess someone to decide to walk 4 miles down 9 Mile Road that late at night. I wouldn't do that and I was an adult at the time this girl vanished. So she was hitchhiking. Why a 12-year-old girl would do that is beyond me. I never hitchhiked in my life. I never accepted a ride from a complete stranger--well, once, but the circumstances were different and I wasn't hitching. So she may not even have vanished in Warren. Gratiot and 9 Mile is a different city--Eastpointe (called East Detroit in 1979). I doubt she made it to Gratiot. That's a long walk. Somebody got her somewhere along 9 Mile I would wager. Girls out there, NEVER EVER HITCHHIKE! It is NOT SAFE! This poor girl didn't deserve her fate but with a little common sense she could easily have avoided it.

Here is the link to the Charley Project profile of Ms. King's disappearance:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/king_kimberly.html

Is there any other information on it that is not correct? This does seem to have more information than The Doe Network.

Satch

I'm thinking there is a connection to Kimberly's disapppearance and Arthur Ream, convicted of the abduction and murder of Cindy Zarzycki who was 13 years old when abducted April 20, 1986 from Eastpointe, Michigan.:waitasec:
The general area and victimology seem to fit, but is there any more definite connection?

attachment.php
I've been looking in to Kim's case. Came across this news clipping from 1980. Thought I would share.

Attachments

• Kim King Article.jpg
    Kim King Article.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 279
attachment.php
I've been looking in to Kim's case. Came across this news clipping from 1980. Thought I would share.

"The boy told police he later picked Kimberly up while she was hitchhiking in the same area." Well that's interesting! Where did he say he dropped her off?! That statement leaves me with even more questions than I had before.

My opinion - she may have gotten a ride from him that night, or he could have it mixed up with a different (earlier) night.

again, my opinion, they wrote her off as a runaway and didn't pursue other options, like her being picked up by a predator.

I heard from Konnie that Anu Prakesh of WXYZ Detroit interviewed her about Kim's case. Watch for that to air sometime next week!

If you listened to my interview with Konnie, we talked about the letter about where Kim's body can be found (a location in Shelby Twp)

We were crushed to learn that the letter appears to be lost. It's not at Warren PD and they're checking with MSP to see if they have it in a file somewhere.

we are hoping it's recovered because testing the stamp and seal for DNA would generate the first real lead in more than a decade.

If you listened to my interview with Konnie, we talked about the letter about where Kim's body can be found (a location in Shelby Twp)

We were crushed to learn that the letter appears to be lost. It's not at Warren PD and they're checking with MSP to see if they have it in a file somewhere.

we are hoping it's recovered because testing the stamp and seal for DNA would generate the first real lead in more than a decade.
I listened to the podcast, but I tend to think that the letter was a hoax.
I think they should keep looking at Norberg and Ream. I also think they should look into anyone who worked at or hung around the White Castle where she may have stopped.

Ream was cleared. I have that direct from Kathie King via Warren PD.

I agree that the letter was likely a hoax, it would be nice to cross it entirely off the list.

If I had a say, I would have cadaver dogs in the yard of Norberg's Hupp St home.

Ream was cleared. I have that direct from Kathie King via Warren PD.

I agree that the letter was likely a hoax, it would be nice to cross it entirely off the list.

If I had a say, I would have cadaver dogs in the yard of Norberg's Hupp St home.
BBM
I did hear or read that, but I've never heard how he was cleared. If it was through a polygraph test, I'd still be suspicious of him. I think LE clears people too quickly at times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back