MI - Korey Brown, 14 mos, dies at day care, POI 8 years old, Muskegon, 14 April 2017

Where is the link about the diaper change? I missed it.
Post #20

One of the day care ladies said 'Korey's knocked out. I changed his diaper and he didn't even move,'" Reasonover said.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm so upset about this. Thinking back on all of the infants and toddlers I've had in my care over the years, I don't think any of them have ever just not moved during a diaper change. IMO, a newborn might sleep through it, but they are still going to squirm. Most one year olds are busy, and really not pleased to be still for a change!

I'm so upset about this. Thinking back on all of the infants and toddlers I've had in my care over the years, I don't think any of them have ever just not moved during a diaper change. IMO, a newborn might sleep through it, but they are still going to squirm. Most one year olds are busy, and really not pleased to be still for a change!

This brought back memories of changing toddlers in standing position, or even mid-stride. :)

I am heartbroken for this family... Stories like this played a large part in our family's decisions. My husband and I agreed that we'd rather stay poor if necessary, no daycare for our babes. *sigh*

This brought back memories of changing toddlers in standing position, or even mid-stride. :)

I am heartbroken for this family... Stories like this played a large part in our family's decisions. My husband and I agreed that we'd rather stay poor if necessary, no daycare for our babes. *sigh*
I have seen some wonderful daycare facilities, so I hate to paint them all the same way, but I agree with you. As a nanny who takes great pride in caring for little ones, I still don't think I could trust someone if/when I have my own children. And I have little to no issues with being filmed. Children, especially infants and toddlers, are basically helpless. And they have no voice. It is extremely important to me to protect their safety, innocence, and to provide them with the very best care. I'm just sick when I read this stuff. I'm hugging the babies extra tightly today. 😢

ETA - regarding diaper changes, I don't even use the changing table! These two will try to dive off the second I start changing them! It's all on the floor here! 😀

He didn't move when you changed his diaper, and that was... just ok, no biggie?

UGH.

I just got done reading through the thread of the mom torturing her baby b/c his dad got a new girlfriend, and I am about ready to just go postal. I think it's self imposed Timeout time for me.

He didn't move when you changed his diaper, and that was... just ok, no biggie?

UGH.

I just got done reading through the thread of the mom torturing her baby b/c his dad got a new girlfriend, and I am about ready to just go postal. I think it's self imposed Timeout time for me.
I feel you. The only thing keeping me calm is that I have babies with me.

Those babies are very fortunate to have you, Dateline. :heartbeat:

Give them a hug for me willya? <3

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Caregivers are allowed to sleep at overnight day cares
By Lynn Moore | lmoore8@mlive.com | April 18, 2017 at 2:10 PM

MUSKEGON, MI - State regulations do allow day care providers, such as those who provide overnight care in their homes, to sleep from the hours of midnight to 6 a.m.

Rule 22 of the state regulations states "If the caregiving staff and children in care are sleeping, then at least one caregiving staff shall be on the same floor as the sleeping children."

That was one of the questions that came up following the death of 14-month-old Korey Brown on April 14 at a Muskegon day care. Police report the baby was discovered unresponsive at 6:50 a.m. and pronounced dead at 8 a.m.

(. . .)

And concerning the eight-year old:
Police said that the 8-year-old child arrived at the home at 2 a.m. Police said that at some point the baby started crying and there are indications the 8-year-old tried to address the crying.

I'm still confused.

Are the baby and the 8 year old related?

Are the baby and the 5 year old related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been poking around on Facebook. There are some pretty scary rumors on there, and I hope they aren't true.

I'm not sure about the relationship between the kids. But what I've pieced together from a few different articles, it sounds like mom had sweet little Korey, a two year, a 5 year, and possibly a 6 year old? She dropped her kids off in the evening, but the 8 year old arrived at 2am. So I'm thinking the 8 year old is not related to Korey.

Also, I have to give Bryanna (mom) some love. It sounds like she was working nights to spend days with her kids. I find that to be respectable. Not everyone has the resources to stay at home, or spend much time with their children. My heart truly breaks for her, and the other kids who are no doubt, traumatized.

I'm not sure how mom was able to control herself with this daycare woman. I might have freaked out on her on sight even if Korey wasn't my child! I can't even write my thoughts here, as they are just inappropriate. UGH.

Yeah...my son was never totally limp or whatever for any diaper changes in his entire life.

its tough but I have no choice but to use daycare. we are poor even with us both working, so if I stayed home we simply couldn't make it at all.

I have seen some wonderful daycare facilities, so I hate to paint them all the same way, but I agree with you. As a nanny who takes great pride in caring for little ones, I still don't think I could trust someone if/when I have my own children. And I have little to no issues with being filmed. Children, especially infants and toddlers, are basically helpless. And they have no voice. It is extremely important to me to protect their safety, innocence, and to provide them with the very best care. I'm just sick when I read this stuff. I'm hugging the babies extra tightly today. &#55357;&#56866;

ETA - regarding diaper changes, I don't even use the changing table! These two will try to dive off the second I start changing them! It's all on the floor here! &#55357;&#56832;

its tough but I have no choice but to use daycare. we are poor even with us both working, so if I stayed home we simply couldn't make it at all.
Oh, I know it's hard for so many families! I hope I didn't sound judgemental!! My nanny kids have very wealthy parents. I think that's common in SF. But in general, I think it's really difficult for so many families to provide for their family while also finding care. That's one reason why I respect Bryanna. I don't necessarily agree with her lifestyle based on her Facebook, but obviously she was working hard and I have to assume doing her best to be there for her kids.

My heart goes out to parents, in general. As a nanny, I somewhat get it, because I love these kids SO MUCH, but I know it's nothing compared to their parents. And I get the freedom of my evenings and weekends. You parents are ALWAYS on the job, no matter where you are and what you are doing. I hope you are happy with your childcare, and able to work without worrying. There truly are some great childcare centers and homes!

I've been poking around on Facebook. There are some pretty scary rumors on there, and I hope they aren't true.

I'm not sure about the relationship between the kids. But what I've pieced together from a few different articles, it sounds like mom had sweet little Korey, a two year, a 5 year, and possibly a 6 year old? She dropped her kids off in the evening, but the 8 year old arrived at 2am. So I'm thinking the 8 year old is not related to Korey.

Also, I have to give Bryanna (mom) some love. It sounds like she was working nights to spend days with her kids. I find that to be respectable. Not everyone has the resources to stay at home, or spend much time with their children. My heart truly breaks for her, and the other kids who are no doubt, traumatized.

I'm not sure how mom was able to control herself with this daycare woman. I might have freaked out on her on sight even if Korey wasn't my child! I can't even write my thoughts here, as they are just inappropriate. UGH.

BBM

Looks like I'll be heading to FB.

I can confirm reading her oldest was 6 and not the 8 year old, so not related.

Luckily I was able to work from home as a single mom while my children were growing up. I never liked leaving them with anyone other than family when they were very young.

Oh, I would have freaked out. No Doubt.

You sound like a wonderful Nanny Dateline :) Those are some lucky kids.

~

Just aweful! So sad for this poor Mother,

Is it know what the 8-year old tried to do? I can't find anything in the links about this.

Peace,

Satch

Yes...there are similar guidelines in every state stating that an adult must be present, and actually in some states, the ratio is lower when there are infants/toddlers (depending on age it could be as low as 1:2).

I am guessing in this situation this is possibly not a "daycare" facility that is registered as such by the state, but more like a woman/family who cares for kids in her home (and is probably much cheaper). I am also guessing she is not a liscensed facility (because that is cheaper and it avoids dealing with DCYS regs) and not insured (part of the regs).

And here is a tragic example of why the state has those regulations...

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

It looks like the daycare is licensed, best I can tell. This article cites a license and includes it in a PDF in the article, but I don't know if there are different types of daycare licenses or what is required in Michigan.

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs told 24 Hour News 8 that Keysha Collins. the owner of Keysha Keepers, got her group child care license in November 2016. It is the first child care license she has had and there have not been any complaints against her. LARA said that an investigation is ongoing and no action has been taken against Collins’ license so far.

>>PDF: November 2016 licensing report
The day care is closed until the investigation is complete.

http://woodtv.com/2017/04/17/source-child-8-suspected-in-infants-day-care-death/

thank you. make it worse im poor in silicon valley so you know what im speaking of! lol.

Oh, I know it's hard for so many families! I hope I didn't sound judgemental!! My nanny kids have very wealthy parents. I think that's common in SF. But in general, I think it's really difficult for so many families to provide for their family while also finding care. That's one reason why I respect Bryanna. I don't necessarily agree with her lifestyle based on her Facebook, but obviously she was working hard and I have to assume doing her best to be there for her kids.

My heart goes out to parents, in general. As a nanny, I somewhat get it, because I love these kids SO MUCH, but I know it's nothing compared to their parents. And I get the freedom of my evenings and weekends. You parents are ALWAYS on the job, no matter where you are and what you are doing. I hope you are happy with your childcare, and able to work without worrying. There truly are some great childcare centers and homes!

EXCLUSIVE: Bitten, bruised and moved in a 'cover-up': Grandfather of toddler 'killed' at daycare by 'eight-year-old girl' reveals horror of toddler's last minutes

"Reasoniver, 46, said: 'It's hard to say but when I saw Korey and how he looked, I looked at my daughter and told her: 'Whoever did this did this out of anger. This child had to have something deep inside her to make her feel this way."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-daycare-bitten-bruised.html#ixzz4epEUoQvm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back