MI - Korey Brown, 14 mos, dies at day care, POI 8 years old, Muskegon, 14 April 2017

From above link.....

"Yet the only witness to the attack is Korey's five year old sister who he said was woken by her brother's cries."

"She has told cops that the suspected child put her bleeding brother in a closet and that one of the daycare workers found him and placed him in the playpen in which he was lying when his mother came to collect him."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ied-daycare-bitten-bruised.html#ixzz4epGRHzwo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The pictures of the outside of that daycare....yikes.

I am sad that this is all some people can find for childcare. I wish I could say I can't believe people are still taking their children to this place. But unfortunately, I can. Some people just have no options.

The pictures of the outside of that daycare....yikes.

I am sad that this is all some people can find for childcare. I wish I could say I can't believe people are still taking their children to this place. But unfortunately, I can. Some people just have no options.
I hear you on no other options. What truly disturbs me is that this place wasn't immediately shut down for investigation. Doesn't that seem reasonable? I'm actually baffled by this. And if nothing else, if a child (heaven forbid) DIED while in my care, I simply would not be emotionally or mentally fit to care for anyone's children in that same week, or perhaps, ever again.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Are we sure the eight year old isn't a scapegoat? Even if the child's actions caused the injuries the lack of supervision is the real issue. If the child arrived at 2am(!) then someone had to have been up during the night? What a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I have so much to say about that article. The grandfather is right on lots of things. Something is off with the 8 year old, first of all. Most 8 year Olds, especially girls, are nurturing to babies. So where do she learn this abuse? Is either happening to her, she's seeing it or she has a disability.

Next, babies dont die from bites. And if the boys were enough and bad enough to kill, then those screams would have been blood curdling! Everyone should have heard.

Lastly, they messed up! They might have gotten away with the baby slept through the diaper sorry except. .... the baby was laying on his stomach with his head to the side when mom came. No one changes a diaper on their belly. So he was turned/ moved. Busted in a lie right there.

I try to keep an open mind but once it is clear you lied, your credibility is spot and I believe nothing. Nothing but a cover up. And a baby is dead. Awful.

I lied. One more thing. I am assuming they matched bite marks to know the 8 was involved.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Are we sure the eight year old isn't a scapegoat? Even if the child's actions caused the injuries the lack of supervision is the real issue. If the child arrived at 2am(!) then someone had to have been up during the night? What a mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh, I'm totally with you. This, IMO, wasn't a sudden surprise. I believe the 6 year old who said the woman put the baby in the Pack n Play. FROM THE CLOSET. it sounds like that would have been a great time to call 911.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

For the first time in my life, I gave to a Go fund me request. This is so sad. At least the child was not killed by the usual live in boyfriend, not that it is any consolation for that poor mom who seemed to have been tying to do the best for her kids. I saw the beautiful birthday cake she had for his first birthday.

I agree the daycare looked very bad and I would never have used it, but I was a stay at home mom that did not have to work so I certainly dont want to appear to be judging her.

We will have to see where the investigation leads,

The deplorable condition of that "Day Care" house is a 9-1-1 red flag in of itself! I would not even feel safe on that property, let alone set foot in that "business." I studied Child Psychology in college and this would be a case that would absolutely shock and sicken my professors!

Questions for study

1.) What are the credentials to be a home day care provider in the state of Michigan? Does this vary from city to city or county to county?
2.) How long had this woman been licensed at the daycare? Was this even a licensed facility?
3.) Has the Children's Department of Social Services been notified of the death of this child and the poor conditions at the daycare?
4.) Why is the center still open?
5.) Any other allegations of abuse or neglect at that center?
6.) How much is the eight year old to blame for the child's death? I believe that there was something wrong with her. (Disability, or mimicking abuse in her own family.) We need to know more about the eight year old's background, The caregivers were negligent for not showing the responsibility of watching the children, and were neglectful even before the child's death, because the home was clearly unsafe to be a daycare center in the first place?
7.) From a legal standpoint? If this gets to trial discuss: What will be the prosecution claims, and the defense claims? How much could the accused eight-year old be charged?
8.) Do you think there was a cover-up here and the eight year old is being used as a scapegoat? I think so, I am NOT saying that she is innocent in any way. I think that the allegations that she put the baby in the closet show something wrong, obviously. But whoever changed the baby's diaper and did not notice those bite marks has to be either thoughtless, careless, or incompetent to care for children.

What do you think will come about from this tragedy?

Satch

Questions for Study, Satch.

A good list! Thanks for putting it all in one "pile."

An answer to Question 2:

the owner of Keysha Keepers, got her group child care license in November 2016. It is the first child care license she has had and there have not been any complaints against her. LARA said that an investigation is ongoing and no action has been taken against Collins’ license so far. >>PDF: November 2016 licensing report
The day care is closed until the investigation is complete.
("LARA" referenced above is DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS in Lansing, MI)
From April 17, 2017, WOODTV.COM
http://woodtv.com/2017/04/17/source-child-8-suspected-in-infants-day-care-death/

im thinking blunt force trauma to the poor little guy :(

Oh I have so much to say about that article. The grandfather is right on lots of things. Something is off with the 8 year old, first of all. Most 8 year Olds, especially girls, are nurturing to babies. So where do she learn this abuse? Is either happening to her, she's seeing it or she has a disability.

Next, babies dont die from bites. And if the boys were enough and bad enough to kill, then those screams would have been blood curdling! Everyone should have heard.

Lastly, they messed up! They might have gotten away with the baby slept through the diaper sorry except. .... the baby was laying on his stomach with his head to the side when mom came. No one changes a diaper on their belly. So he was turned/ moved. Busted in a lie right there.

I try to keep an open mind but once it is clear you lied, your credibility is spot and I believe nothing. Nothing but a cover up. And a baby is dead. Awful.

I lied. One more thing. I am assuming they matched bite marks to know the 8 was involved.

that, or she threw him or banged him. if they didn't wake up to his screams they wouldn't have heard thumps either :( this is breaking my heart :*(

Could that have happened when he was put (thrown?) into the closet, I wonder.

How can they be open for business during this investigation? The 8 year old is out of the house most likely. But, is the worker who take that injured boy from the closet, placed him in the port-a-crib and then changed a dead child's diaper still working there? i am disgusted.

I found this online:

It's a list of child care providers, closed or suspended due to disciplinary actions by the state of Michigan:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-63294_5529_7143-241046--,00.html

It's is from Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) I have not looked at the information at the site in-depth, nor would I know who to contact. They may not be able to answer questions, or comment during this investigation. I would presume the information to be accurate. Also, note that I am not an authority in these kinds of cases, so I don't know all the details. I linked to it because it is an interesting reference with regard to this case.

Satch

I worked in state licensed Medicaid facility. Granted it was in Louisiana. I have no idea how they were licensed. Initial licensing is usually very hard! We would get a deficiency for one light bulb being burned out. Everything had to be freshly painted- no scuffs. It was very strict. How did this place get licensed? It would be more understandable If it was an old license being renewed. But this place was just opened. Something not right there.

that, or she threw him or banged him. if they didn't wake up to his screams they wouldn't have heard thumps either :( this is breaking my heart :*(

That's more like it. If the 8 y/o dropped him on the floor, it might have caused his death, but I picture more a throwing or a banging (it is so difficult putting these words on a page). Did the 8 y/o cause it, or did the 8 y/o old "only" bite him, and someone else hurt his head? His mother did say his head was swollen, but she didn't mention a gash or a cut on his head -- did she?? IDK. This is such a horror.

That's more like it. If the 8 y/o dropped him on the floor, it might have caused his death, but I picture more a throwing or a banging (it is so difficult putting these words on a page). Did the 8 y/o cause it, or did the 8 y/o old "only" bite him, and someone else hurt his head? His mother did say his head was swollen, but she didn't mention a gash or a cut on his head -- did she?? IDK. This is such a horror.

In my heart I hope against hope this was an accident by a kid who doesn't know better but that don't explain the bites [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my heart I hope against hope this was an accident by a kid who doesn't know better but that don't explain the bites [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have to wonder about the home life of the 8 yr old. Who drops an 8 yr old off to daycare at 2 am? That seems very disruptive and unhealthy, schedule wise, for an 8 yr old. How does an 8 yr old do a regular school schedule with odd sleep hours like that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back