MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there is a fine line...clearly LE is investigating the family. In Portland, LE has never called TH a POI or a suspect at all, and yet she has been fair game for all for over a year...?

The fact that she lost custody of her child speaks loud and clear, imo.

She has been interviewed for hours and hours. I'm sure LE knows the answer to that question, and they're not sayin' nothin'. How about if LE really wants this baby found, they'll start providing the public with answers? *crickets*

Isn't this supposed to be a victim friendly board?

They can't win. The Ramseys clammed up, and were vilified for that. Terri Horman clammed up, and was burned at the stake. These parents are talking, they get the same treatment.

And their precious baby is missing, and they have no idea where she is. IMHO, of course.

Jeanna, this is supposed to be a victim friendly board and, in fact, I think it is. LE, though, does not owe the public answers. Their job is to solve this crime. I also hope you will realize that people who disagree with you or see the case differently are not anti-victim and labeling them as such doesn't really further the conversation and is just hurtful.

If the parents could supply photos of the clothes Baby Lisa was wearing (or a similar type) when she was put to bed, then I think it would help with the case. In a similar way the Kyron's clothes were shown in a presser. This is the best reason repeating what Lisa was wearing is important in my opinion.

Bouncing off your post, this has really bothered me -- that a major network could possibly hinder the public's knowledge of a child being missing by preying upon the family in the midst of a crisis and convincing them to speak only to that one network?!? Should be obstruction of justice or hindering an investigation or something. I mean, really, the point of a monopoly is to make money, but having a monopoly on the family of a missing child is absurd.

(I'm saying this regardless of the parents' guilt or innocence in this particular case. In general this whole type of deal is ludicrous.)

JMHO

Might have been the parent's choice, not the network's angling. In the Kyron Horman case, the parents kicked several reporters out of a presser because they were not happy with the coverage they were getting from them.

Maybe she's a hot sleeper. My DD is this way. In fact, she just recently started wearing nightgowns again, but for 2-3 years she refused to wear any clothes at all - she insisted on sleeping nekkid because she was hot, even during the winter with the heater vents closed in her room and a thin blanket. Lordy, I can just imagine having to explain that if, God forbid, anything happened - she was last seen going to bed naked. Talk about looking BAD. We opted to not make a big deal out of it, and when the time was right she came around and went back to sleeping in pj's again :)

LOVE IT!! My kids were very hot natured and would not wear winter weight pj's - ever! They wore summer weight in the winter so shorts and a t-shirt in the dead of winter was the norm here. They also had sensitive skin so when it became mandatory for childrens sleepwear to be flame retardant they didn't even wear real jammies. Just a simple cotton t-shirt and knit shorts. The only time they wore heavier than that is when we went tent camping.

Hey, at least they were put to bed! They may not have stayed.....

Any phone can call 911.

My point was we don't know what phone was used to call 911. And he would probably have a personal phone in addition to his work phone.

Jeanna, this is supposed to be a victim friendly board and, in fact, I think it is. LE, though, does not owe the public answers. Their job is to solve this crime. I also hope you will realize that people who disagree with you or see the case differently are not anti-victim and labeling them as such doesn't really further the conversation and is just hurtful.

Thank you. As of right now, the only party in this case who I am sure is a victim is Lisa. The rest are under my microscope.

I was thinking about this as a possibility and hope it's the case since baby Lisa would be alive somewhere. The fact that the family is only dealing with FOX news and not speaking with anyone makes me suspicious. Why turn away ANY media coverage of this story. It's their BABY. The lack of posters for their missing child worries me too. Local news matters and her photo needs to plastered everywhere in their area. I just don't get it.

Are the locals not helping with putting up posters/flyers?

Can someone post a link for that quoted text message. I sure would appreciate it. I have been here all day and haven't seen it unless I just missed it. TIA

Which text message? The only one I've read about was in the comments section of a news article (which I believe WS views as rumor, yes?) There was one quoted here?

From what we know from Debbie, she is clearly in LE's crosshairs too, especially if, according to her, they were saying, "you did it. you did it. we have nothing."

She is absolutely in their crosshairs. Absolutely. Like Riley Fox's dad, and the Aisenbergs, and Breanna's folks. Who are in horrible pain, their babies were missing, and on top of all that they're being hounded by LE during their panic.

Last week, Texas just released YET ANOTHER convicted criminal who served 25 years in prison for the murder of his wife, that he did not commit. DNA evidence tested by the Innocence Project, tested against the will and over the strong objections of the prosecution, proved that another man was guilty of the murder.

Sorry to be off track, but I'm kind of up to here with cops getting the wrong idea and vilifying the victims of these horrible crimes.

My son lost his i-phone in a lake. [ I know, seriously.] His friend used a metal detector that worked in water and found the phone at the bottom of the lake.

I've taken my iphone kayaking, so I can't really criticize can I?

My hubby had a company cell and it was not to be used for personal use. Some companies have a policy like this.

I haven't heard anybody say that Lisa's dad had a company phone with him but couldn't use it to make a 911 call.

JMO

From what I understand, and I can't confirm or state as fact, Debbie took Jefferey's work phone to the Police station with her and they confiscated it. Again, I can't confirm. We'll have to wait and see if it's true.

..just going off of this post.

..it was asked upthread---------who is jeffrey??

..his name is actually Jeremy.

WELCOME to the new surge of posters-

Enough about the shorts. Really. Let's move on please.

Maybe it's just the pictures I've seen distributed - the one of her at the door for instance, IMO, she looks terrified. In another, and maybe it's the coloring of the picture, she looks ill. I did see on since I posted that where she is smiling and she looks serene.

Didn't someone say she was not well when she was taken? I could be wrong, everything is going so fast.

That Lisa was "sick" is my understanding, as well. I've asked for clarification on this but have not seen a response. Puh-leeeze, will someone explain the "sickness" of baby Lisa? Had she been to a doctor? Was the child on medication? Was the illness a simple cold, or had Lisa been diagnosed with something more serious?

Why is the mom concerned about the public and their questions, i.e the baby monitor, etc. Who on earth would be worrying about supplying info like that to the public?

LE said earlier their door is open and it would be great to have the parents walk through it...I guess they are still waiting...

I believe Billie Jean Dunn was "helpful" like that, too.

That Lisa was "sick" is my understanding, as well. I've asked for clarification on this but have not seen a response. Puh-leeeze, will someone explain the "sickness" of baby Lisa? Had she been to a doctor? Was the child on medication? Was the illness a simple cold, or had Lisa been diagnosed with something more serious?

She had a cold.

Man I turn to sneeze and 400 post are posted... :giggle:

Actually it is only a matter of semantics if one News Station has an exclusive

because the second it is air it become public property and then

the Associated Press can grab it and send it out to hundreds of news stations nation wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny