MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry-my mistake..I read the initials wrong.
I am just saying that I think its strange the DA is the one giving updates.
I would think it would be the local PD,Sheriff or the FBI!

It varies by state law and local custom. In Massachusetts, it would nearly always be the DA.

Let's please not turn this into a discussion on race. Quickest way to get a thread shut down. JMHO

Yes. I don't think it's odd that he would remember that. He probably knows a lot of his customers habits. JMO

I work in the kitchen of a convenience store on weekends. I know some of my regular customers habits. I know what they are going to order as soon as I see them, it's the same thing every time. I also work with a girl that has this ability to memorize people and kind of cigarettes they smoke and how many packs they buy. The customer would come in and didn't even have to ask for the cigarettes, she just knew what they wanted. I thought it was amazing that she could do that.

his comment could mean that she got 10 dollars or more only once every few weeks/months, she could have been waited on by other people 3/4 of the time she went there, we have no idea, its a worthless point iMO

I just think the 911 caller was a passing motorist. I think when they questioned this person, they became a prime witness. This person may have seen more than just a car on fire. They may have chosen not to stop because he/she also saw other individuals and/or vehicles there and figured they were fine and didn't need assistance. I really think the 911 caller is being protected as a witness. I don't think Jessica made that 911 call.

I agree, hope and wish that could be true. What could such a person have seen either driving away or into town? Headlights, tail-lights, shadows, figures, cars, or heard? I hope they recall every little thing. Not stopping may have been caution or the same assumptions the fire chief made of just another routine car fire, so get distance, as can't see any victims because the seat are down, and none there, at that point possibly, about five minutes or more before the fire chief arrives and finds a burned victim away from the car, barely alive or identifiable. She's able to ID herself, perhaps more?

just responding to the issue of choking at the gas station; non-fatal choking is one of the danger signs that indicates an abuser will eventually kill his partner, along with a few others (substance abuse, possession of a gun, etc). Choking is highly positively correlated with eventual domestic homicide. Combine that with JC recently getting out of a women's shelter and it looks a lot like DV. Likely combined with the fact that was "outing" some people or person allegedly and that these people may have been abusing her in the past, increasing her risk of violence by them. Abusers believe they are entitled to punish their victims for doing something wrong to them, hence they do violent things in public places - they feel entitled. they do NOT lose control. they believe their victims have no rights.
this crime is a very personal escalation of abuse type of crime.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2573025/

My objection is to state executions....however, If someone did that to my child, I would probably end up on death row for taking matters into my own hands.......JMO

As would anyone who lost a child to the hands of someone else. The grief and loss are near insurmountable. The absence of actual anger and outrage in both parents is startling. Even the most pacifistic people I know would be more moved by the loss of their child.

ZOOL, to answer your question from yesterday, mineral spirits are used to clean fishing poles and equipment. Enid Lake fishing is popular, especially on full moon nights.

Mineral spirits are also used to clean and disinfect other equipment like tattoo equipment. Another poser asked me yesterday if I think a couple of people got ink on the 7th, I would answer in the affirmative.

Sorry-my mistake..I read the initials wrong.
I am just saying that I think its strange the DA is the one giving updates.
I would think it would be the local PD,Sheriff or the FBI!

No worries. :)

I imagine the Sheriff is busy tracking leads and I can't remember the last time the FBI did a daily status update on any case.

Do you think that LE should look around at people that are making noticeable changes in the appearance (e.g., dyeing/highlighting hair).

just responding to the issue of choking at the gas station; non-fatal choking is one of the danger signs that indicates an abuser will eventually kill his partner, along with a few others (substance abuse, possession of a gun, etc). Choking is highly positively correlated with eventual domestic homicide. Combine that with JC recently getting out of a women's shelter and it looks a lot like DV. Likely combined with the fact that was "outing" some people or person allegedly and that these people may have been abusing her in the past, increasing her risk of violence by them. Abusers believe they are entitled to punish their victims for doing something wrong to them, hence they do violent things in public places - they feel entitled. they do NOT lose control. they believe their victims have no rights.
this crime is a very personal escalation of abuse type of crime.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2573025/

Or completely impersonal, devoid of any humanity either way.

Let's please not turn this into a discussion on race. Quickest way to get a thread shut down. JMHO

Not my intention at all. Just hard to understand how it will help find the killer(s). Promise it's my last response re. that. :silenced:

Does anyone know the outcome of her charges of simple assault? I think that is the starting place. Also any charges against another where she was the victim. This case seems like an old grudge to me. She was gone for ??? how long and then the murder. Drugs have surrounded her most of her life and I don't think that is the motive. JMO I could be way off base.

Is it possible that Jessica was involved in causing a recent divorce (either by talking or participating)?

It is unfortunate that the Panola County Chancery Court Clerk in the 2nd District does not have an online case search. I would love to see that court docket from December 8th.

Is it possible that Jessica was involved in causing a recent divorce (either by talking or participating)?

It is unfortunate that the Panola County Chancery Court Clerk in the 2nd District does not have an online case search. I would love to see that court docket from December 8th.

Why that date? TIA

LOL I didn't know that any of these characters were married! JMO

Spouse (Petitioner) files for divorce.

Spouse (Respondent): is upset and plans up to the morning/day of the 6th; acts the night of the 6th; tells spouse (Petitioner) everything is taken care of on the 7th and all is forgiven and that the couple with their two children can live happily ever after.

Just in time for the initial court date on the 8th.

Spouse (Petitioner) files for divorce.

Spouse (Respondent): is upset and plans up to the morning/day of the 6th; acts the night of the 6th; tells spouse (Petitioner) everything is taken care of on the 7th and all is forgiven and that the couple with their two children can live happily ever after.

Just in time for the initial court date on the 8th.

Only people I can think of are TandD or R and B. jmo

:eek:fftopic:
Okdoky,to my point there is an option to ignore a poster who aggravates you to no end. I have never used it but if you are interested you could pm a mod for instructions. Or,I am sure if you searched the Websleuths Website there is an explanation on how to get it done.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member