MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
anonone--

Thanks for the heads up on the spirits! *grin*
I tried to private message you on a separate issue but the WS software-demon informed me that you needed to do some house-cleaning before the demon would permit my highly important pm *smile*

You have to think about something else here, mineral spirits are a really effective degreaser/cleaner. The cost effectiveness however... Why use mineral spirits rather than acetone, or denatured alcohol, or even kerosene or lighter fluid. Mineral spirits retail at the low end ~7$ a quart. That's 28$ a gallon. Unless you can get it for free.

It certainly does fit as an effective accelerant, but I ruled it out initially because of the cost, and on hand availability. I never considered that someone may have ready and free access to it.

Only people I can think of are TandD or R and B. jmo

I think R and L were in Chancery Court on Monday, December 8. However, I think that only L has been in the press. JMO

Marking my spot, but also have a question. The amount of gas Jessica purchased that night vs other times has been a point of curiosity. Can anyone tell me how often Jessica purchased the $5 amount? Was it daily, every other day, etc.? I apologize if this has been asked/answered already. I've been trying to get through the volumes of info, but haven't read that particular info. TIA

I believe the answer to this question is "usually".

The first time Ali Alsanai makes a reference to her purchase of gas, I believe he says (and I'm paraphrasing here): she usually buys $5 but this time she bought $14, and then he elaborates about asking her where she was headed. Ali says she replies "somewhere".

The second time he references her gas station activity, he responds to a reporter's question about how well did Ali know her.

"...as a customer?, yeah I knew her--" he begins...

"Yeah, you knew her well...as a customer...and she came in a lot?" (The blasted reporter wants to feed Alsanai the answer he's trying to seek, rather than just hear what Alsanai has to say) *geez*

But Ali replies: "Yeah, you know a daily customer, so I know where she goes...." etcetera.....

HERE listen beginning at footage 6:00.

But he never really goes into detail about her daily gas purchases so you'll need to draw your own conclusions.

Tattoo artists use mineral spirits.

And so do meth manufacturers. Feels like you have a secret and are not naming names but dropping hints. Call the FBI please if you think it will help solve the murder of this poor child.

You have to think about something else here, mineral spirits are a really effective degreaser/cleaner. The cost effectiveness however... Why use mineral spirits rather than acetone, or denatured alcohol, or even kerosene or lighter fluid. Mineral spirits retail at the low end ~7$ a quart. That's 28$ a gallon. Unless you can get it for free.

It certainly does fit as an effective accelerant, but I ruled it out initially because of the cost, and on hand availability. I never considered that someone may have ready and free access to it.

A painting contractor would purchase gallons. Wood finisher too. Autobody repair. I sort of think the perp made a quick decision and grabbed whatever was most available in his shop, car, or garage.

Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:

“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it. If you can't post it, don't.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Mineral spirits leave less residue than many of the alternatives. Acetone eats into many materials and finishes, so you wouldn't want to use it on your fishing rod. But you're right, it is expensive if you need it in large quantities.

For some reason I have a mental picture of somebody cleaning and painting their boat.

Any word yet on who choked JC? Or if she, in fact, was choked? TIA to anybody that knows.

Jessica Memorial.jpg
I think I figured it out!!!
Thanks for being patient mods and not deleting my original post instantly.
Here is the phone number if anyone wants to order her flowers or poinsettias.
662-563-7658
I think I had a problem saving the picture to my computer because I was viewing the image in the wrong window. When I first right-clicked there wasn't a save image option.

My opinion only. This wasn't a sophisticated murder. The person wanted to scar her, make her unattractive and if she died so what. It was personal, it was jealousy and hate. (not racial hate crime). I hope they got her computer and know who she was fighting with- words and fists in the last year. The girl came from a troubled home and spent time away in shelter. She had issues with people. JMO

The perp, besides acting inhumanly, may have used what was available to them, a blunt object and gas siphoned from the car, which the tilt of the embankment would facilitate. I keep thinking this whole scene bespeaks a certain knowledge of how to do this kind of thing, remain undetected as it's done and get away. The spot seems to me like it may require some familiarity of the area, but who knows? If one is driving out of town is this the first place one could turn off to do this or are there other spots before or after? That it's not deeper down Herron Road may be because they may have been heading back into town from the fire or to distract from where they were headed? There's no hanging loose in this small town. Every one there seems think they can be in Jessica Chamber's place, from what interviewed witness after witness sound like.

Does anyone know the outcome of her charges of simple assault? I think that is the starting place. Also any charges against another where she was the victim. This case seems like an old grudge to me. She was gone for ??? how long and then the murder. Drugs have surrounded her most of her life and I don't think that is the motive. JMO I could be way off base.

I would wonder if the assault charges were self defense.

Do you mean that she was hit first and fought back? Possible, but not likely imo for that to happen twice in one year. I go back to her father's statement that "she learned her lesson"

Chambers' father, Ben Chambers, said his daughter left a battered women's shelter a few months before she was killed. "She was getting on the right track. She had learned her lessons from being in bad relationships," he told NBC News Saturday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jessica-chambers-teen-burned-death-mourned-funeral-n267811

The perp, besides the inhumanity of the act, may have used what was available to them. A blunt object and siphoned gas from the car, which the tilt of the embankment would facilitate. I keep thinking the whole scene bespeaks a certain knowledge of how to do this kind of thing, remain undetected as it's done and get away. The spot seems like it may require some familiarity of the area. If one is driving out of town is this the first place one could turn off to do this or are there other spots before or after? That it's not deeper down Herron Road may be because they may have been heading back into town from the fire?
Google Earth is pretty fun to use, you can turn on birds eye view and navigate the whole area zooming in and out. I noticed if you keep heading west/south on Herron, it's just woods and farms. Batesville is back the opposite way then North on 51. I think the spot was chosen because it was hard to spot and not many houses are close by (unless you head a little towards 51) I just think it is strange that they would burn her car within a mile of the fire station. That could possibly mean that the location wasn't exactly planned. The criminal(s) could just be stupid. If you ask me, I think the killer is from Batesville. I didn't realize the town was so close to Batesville until I used google earth, or google maps. I think the pop of Batesville is around 8-10 thousand. That's a bunch of people to sort through, instead of just the 400 that are in Courtland. JMO

Interesting point! If an officer arrives at the scene of a domestic and BOTH parties have visible injuries-scratches, gashes, etc...--the officers have the discretion to charge them both. They do not have to remain at the scene to determine who started it or who is lying. They can take them both in and charge them both. Works that way here, not sure the laws elsewhere.

Interesting point! If an officer arrives at the scene of a domestic and BOTH parties have visible injuries-scratches, gashes, etc...--the officers have the discretion to charge them both. They do not have to remain at the scene to determine who started it or who is lying. They can take them both in and charge them both. Works that way here, not sure the laws elsewhere.
Yep, It's possible she called the cops on the other person that hit her. Then when the cops get there, the person says that she hit him/her also, or hit him/her first. Then the officer gives both people assault tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy