Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to believe that like the couple from Arkansas and Missouri, unidentified since June of 78, now ID!...they were not reported missing !

I agree with you. This case received a significant amount of attention and they're still unidentified. I think that they were either never reported missing or they were foreign and reported missing in another country and their missing person reports never reached the U.S.

"Significant amount of attention" still means 95 per cent of the US population has never heard of them, I'll bet.

I think Cali and Grateful Doe had significant attention. It takes the right person to see it

Very good question....I wish I know....sloppy police work?

I'm not sure what more you think they could have done. They weren't able to trace any more details of the gun, it's not clear he was in possession at the time, and he passed multiple lie detector tests.

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAca...-1975-11-01521

Has this guy been ruled out as Jock Doe? His name is Ricky Jones. He is Canadian, same skin type, eye color, similar height, weight and went missing in 1975. No missing persons report was ever filed. His sister has just recently tried to figure out what happened to him.
Sorry if he has already been ruled out.... I didn't have time to read through the 1000's of posts.

My theory is they hitchhiked all over the US and sometimes stole things or robbed houses to get by. That would explain the nice jewelry and maybe even the ring with someone else's initials. Maybe someone caught up to them and shot them for stealing? Just a thought.

Has this guy been ruled out as Jock Doe? His name is Ricky Jones. He is Canadian, same skin type, eye color, similar height, weight and went missing in 1975. No missing persons report was ever filed. His sister has just recently tried to figure out what happened to him.
Sorry if he has already been ruled out.... I didn't have time to read through the 1000's of posts.

My theory is they hitchhiked all over the US and sometimes stole things or robbed houses to get by. That would explain the nice jewelry and maybe even the ring with someone else's initials. Maybe someone caught up to them and shot them for stealing? Just a thought.

Happy to see someone mention Ricky, have been keeping eyes open for him. !
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?315762-Canada-Richard-Ricky-Jones-18-Brantford-Ont-Oct-1975&highlight=Ricky+Jones
[h=2]Canada - Richard 'Ricky' Jones, 18, Brantford, Ont, Oct 1975[/h]
attachment.php

It was recently released that the Jane and john doe ID from Arkansas and Missouri (killed 1978) were never reported missing by their families because they were running from the law....makes me wonder the same about this couple????

Interesting!!

I would be curious to know if there were billboard signs posted across and outside of the US, if it would attract anyones attention today....my thoughts on cold cases.

I would be curious to know if there were billboard signs posted across and outside of the US, if it would attract anyones attention today....my thoughts on cold cases.

Someone would have to pay for that, of course.

There is an entire website for this couple, IIRC. However, someone searching or just wondering about either person is likely typing a name into the search box. That person doesn't type "found with GSW in South Carolina a couple decades back" for obvious reasons.

Not sure how we're going to get resolution on this one....

There is an entire website for this couple, IIRC. However, someone searching or just wondering about either person is likely typing a name into the search box. That person doesn't type "found with GSW in South Carolina a couple decades back" for obvious reasons.

Websites only work if people are actively searching for someone. Even then it's limited, you gave a good example regarding the name search.
Billboards cost money, but various counties and cities do have billboard ads. If the Canadian connection is accurate, I think it would be a great idea to air this story on one of our national news networks, in our national news magazine, and on billboards in places like QC and TO.

After re-reading this case, I feel this case is solvable just by the amount of items found on the victim. Plus the recognizable faces. We just need a piece of the puzzle...

After re-reading this case, I feel this case is solvable just by the amount of items found on the victim. Plus the recognizable faces. We just need a piece of the puzzle...

It's been over 40 years.
After all this time, I think they should have done a more extensive job in finding dentists who were doing those rare root canals found in Jacque Doe's dental work. This is why I wonder if he was really from Canada. If he was truly from Canada (first or second generation), it should be easy to track down dentists who were doing that type of dental work during the mid 70s.

It's been over 40 years.
After all this time, I think they should have done a more extensive job in finding dentists who were doing those rare root canals found in Jacque Doe's dental work. This is why I wonder if he was really from Canada. If he was truly from Canada (first or second generation), it should be easy to track down dentists who were doing that type of dental work during the mid 70s.

That sounds like an easy task but in reality, that is rather difficult to accomplish. 40 years later it would be very hard to find dentists who were practicing at that time, and yet alone find what type of dental procedures they were providing. I am pretty sure many of this records have been either lost or discarded by now. It was a different era, a time very different from our current lifestyle.

I have mentioned many times that it is odd that they have not been identified. I think the reason that they haven't is because they are foreigners. Personally, I do not believe that the mystery of their identity will ever be solved. Simply, because too much time has passed. Their family may have no idea where to look for them or even where to start. If they just took off and never went back, it makes their disappearance voluntary & unsuspicious. Also, many countries around the world do not take missing persons cases seriously, especially if that person is an adult. Now, try fitting this in a scenario where it's a foreign country but 40 years ago... your task of finding out who they were becomes monumentally more difficult.

Yes, you are right. Also, it is possible that their parents have passed away, and their siblings would be in their 60s or 70s, a generation that is not particularly computer savvy. Too much time has passed... they may have just come to terms with that their loved one just went away and decided not to contact them or maintain a relationship. We see this happen over and over again with missing persons...

I have mentioned many times that it is odd that they have not been identified. I think the reason that they haven't is because they are foreigners. Personally, I do not believe that the mystery of their identity will ever be solved. Simply, because too much time has passed. Their family may have no idea where to look for them or even where to start. If they just took off and never went back, it makes their disappearance voluntary & unsuspicious. Also, many countries around the world do not take missing persons cases seriously, especially if that person is an adult. Now, try fitting this in a scenario where it's a foreign country but 40 years ago... your task of finding out who they were becomes monumentally more difficult.

Sadly you might be correct. I started searching information about dentistry in the 1970s and that was silly of me because I don't know anything about dentistry or dental terms.
There was a dental professor who passed away, but if he were still alive he seems like someone who would have been a wealth of information for narrowing down which parts of the world the dental items came from and what dentists likely had those advanced skills. I'm wondering if detectives ever interviewed Dr. Kamal Asgar. He was so innovative, I would have gone to him with information about the dental work.

http://www.dent.umich.edu/about-school/department/bms/kamal-asgar

And it's also a possibility that he could have siblings in their 50's. I think this case is totally solvable despite the time that has passed. I agree that Ricky Jones could be a possibility. I see similarities. One that stands out to me is the cleft chin.

Whenever I read the description, I am left with the impression that whoever created the original description thought anybody who wasn't from rural South Carolina was a foreigner :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod