Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know. But the kids will not be testifying in court and will not be cross-examined. That's what I meant by 'material witness' subject to cross-examination.

Yes but their statements can be brought in as evidence if the judge allows.

A 4 year old would know if her dad woke her up before sunlight to go for a ride in the car. Or if she heard any shouting during the night.

Yes I agree with that. I hope the 4 yr old was questioned the next day or very soon thereafter. I assume her memory of that night/morning could fade easily as the days/weeks go on.

I'd want to see the records/proof on who his service provider is/was. Knowing the model of phone he bought doesn't tell us anything about the service powering that phone.

Well if there is doubt, he clearly lied big time in his affidavit.

That is the absolute truth. I have a friend whose husband has 3 or 4 racing bikes - all of the bells and whistles, etc. and clearly has spent in the tens of thousands of dollars range all the while monitoring her spending very closely, getting angry if she purchases clothing for the kids that he considers to be too expensive. It's very odd and too familiar, I see.

My son recently told me about a friend of his that bought a pair of pedals for his bike at a cost of $400.00. It shaved a few grams off the weight of the bike. That was the reason for them.

Sounds like the Cooper's were in debt to their eyeballs because of both of their spending habits.

I haven't reached a firm stance on that. To me it makes no sense for the purse to have been in the car - none. But then there could be a logical reason for it to be there. As to Brad putting it there, I have thought that possible as well for reasons which are lenghty to explain, but yes I think it is equally possible he put it in the car.

i.e if the purse was in the house and the cell was in the purse - he would hear it ring. I'm sure he could explain why he didn't answer it. By putting it in the car it is obvious he can't hear it ring.

I sort of wonder if he wasn't initially planning on parking the car near the coffee house she is known to frequent before a run... leaving her purse and phone inside...kind of removes the crime scene from his house.

This leads to a BIG QUESTION: Have the Cary police brought in the search and rescue dogs or bloodhounds or what have you to track Nancy's scent from the house? Remember that with Laci, the dogs couldn't track her scent in the direction that Scott said she went but rather they tracked it to the street route that Scott ended up taking her - to her final resting place.

If they haven't used dogs, WHY NOT? Also, they could use the dogs that can smell decomposition to check out the cars as in little Caylee Anthony's case.

It will be interesting to hear what all they have netted from their investigation.

I would think examining their credit card purchases would be a very easy thing to do.

I haven't reached a firm stance on that. To me it makes no sense for the purse to have been in the car - none. But then there could be a logical reason for it to be there. As to Brad putting it there, I have thought that possible as well for reasons which are lenghty to explain, but yes I think it is equally possible he put it in the car.

i.e if the purse was in the house and the cell was in the purse - he would hear it ring. I'm sure he could explain why he didn't answer it. By putting it in the car it is obvious he can't hear it ring.

I personally can't believe she left a LV in her car when there has been an increase of breakins around here. Within 3 months there have been 7 vandalism & burglary (some forcible) cases around her home with .5 of a mile. Extend the date or range and it increases much more.

I feel sure she would have awareness about this since she was out and about daily. Word of all the breakins spread quick and became common knowlege to the area. A $1200 purse left in a car, car possibly not in the garage. By the sounds of it, she couldn't go buy another one if this was stolen. The thieves are wanting purses, wallets, laptops, and GPS. If she was not wanting BC to get into it, the keys were on the counter so he could get to it.

I just don't think she would be this careless. IMO

Cisco provides him with VoIP for free as a bennie. He says in #10 of his rebuttal that he installed a TRADITIONAL line for Nancy. Why would he need to disconnect his FREE Cisco provided VoIP in order to get an additional traditional phone line? VoIP runs over cable, they are totally independent!

OK, so could he hook up the Cisco line in place of the home phone, and tell Nancy he has the regular phone in place of it?

Remember, it's reported he MAY have been recording and logging her phone calls from work.

FWIW, we have another case going here where the husband was recording her phone calls, both personal and keeping track of her cell calls. He was a LE officer and able to do it without her knowledge.

Thanks,
fran

I sort of wonder if he wasn't initially planning on parking the car near the coffee house she is known to frequent before a run... leaving her purse and phone inside...kind of removes the crime scene from his house.

This leads to a BIG QUESTION: Have the Cary police brought in the search and rescue dogs or bloodhounds or what have you to track Nancy's scent from the house? Remember that with Laci, the dogs couldn't track her scent in the direction that Scott said she went but rather they tracked it to the street route that Scott ended up taking her - to her final resting place.

If they haven't used dogs, WHY NOT? Also, they could use the dogs that can smell decomposition to check out the cars as in little Caylee Anthony's case.

It will be interesting to hear what all they have netted from their investigation.

Good question about the cadaver dog .

Here is something interesting...fresh corpse in the car ?

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there.

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...gs+hours+after+death&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

I wondered that as well - leaving the car at the coffee shop but it seems to me if she frequented the place - there would be a high risk of someone seeing him leave the vehicle there.

I personally can't believe she left a LV in her car when there has been an increase of breakins around here. Within 3 months there have been 7 vandalism & burglary (some forcible) cases around her home with .5 of a mile. Extend the date or range and it increases much more.

I feel sure she would have awareness about this since she was out and about daily. Word of all the breakins spread quick and became common knowlege to the area. A $1200 purse left in a car, car possibly not in the garage. By the sounds of it, she couldn't go buy another one if this was stolen. The thieves are wanting purses, wallets, laptops, and GPS. If she was not wanting BC to get into it, the keys were on the counter so he could get to it.

I just don't think she would be this careless. IMO

Sorry, I'm not getting why we are concerned she left a purse in her car :confused:

What does that have to do with Brad Cooper and the murder ?

I can't believe that he would reference his own website that contradicts his claim in his rebuttal affidavit! :eek:

It makes me question his other statements and claims that records would back him up. It seems that he may have been saying whatever he thought he needed to say to win the custody issue.

LOL, you think!?

When things get tough, the tough lie. :confused:

OK, that's NOT the saying, LOL, but, you get my point.:waitasec:

He can say anything he wanted in those affidavits. He KNEW they weren't going to verify any of it.:rolleyes:

Let's see, IF he's arrested and tried, if he has the same answers then! :eek:

JMHO
fran

Question:

If LE viewed the children as witnesses or having material information, would they have agreed to let them leave the country an possibly have their recollections "tainted" by Nancy's relatives?

IMHO, the children are too young. I find it highly unlikely they will question them or count on them as a witness.

Too sad to even think about. :(

fran

Sorry, I'm not getting why we are concerned she left a purse in her car :confused:

What does that have to do with Brad Cooper and the murder ?

Some of us are puzzling on it. The devil is in the details - not sure why you are worried about it.

Through child psychologists, the DA interviewed David temple's 4 year old son about what he might have witnessed when Temple killed his pregnant mom .

Also, the cops interviewed Bobby Cutt's very young son about what he witnessed when his mom was murdered by his father.

I'm not familiar with the Temple case, but the Bobby Cutt's case I am. IMO, the reason LE took the son's word for it, he was the one to lead LE in the direction of the perp in the first place.

"Mommy is in the rug," is what he told them when he was discoverd alone in the house.

Poor baby. :(

JMHO
fran

Some of us are puzzling on it. The devil is in the details - not sure why you are worried about it.

I'm not worried about it RC
I'm just saying the fact that it was taken from the car means absolutely nothing at the end of the day. However, the cops were obviously interested in the contents.

Don't mind me, feel free to discuss the Louis Vuitton details all you want :)

I'm not worried about it RC
I'm just saying the fact that it was taken from the car means absolutely nothing at the end of the day. However, the cops were obviously interested in the contents.

Don't mind me, feel free to discuss the Louis Vuitton details all you want :)

Some of us seem to have a thought it could mean something. I don't think we can assume it means nothing yet anyhow.

Yes, one is allergic to dogs. They had one and had to find it a new home.

Brad said in his rebuttal that Donna has had many car wrecks and is an unsafe driver.
I believe it was stated that she fell asleep while driving numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592