Found Deceased NC - Alexandra King, 22, & Tatianna Diz, 20, Asheville, 27 Oct 2015 *Arrest*

Thanks for the link-I missed that tidbit of info. Knowing the area like I do and anyone who has been at the brewery building site more recently then I-correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know where along that stretch of river bank a car could be partially submerged.

I think they probably found shell casings, is how they determined the car was involved in gunfire.

But yea this case is odd.

I don't know the area at all so I have no clue!

Given the article talking about using metal detectors around the car location plus the shooting evidence, I figured I'd dump this here since it's apparently relatively close to where the car was found?

635817870407758616-20151029-112612.jpg

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...lp-sought-locating-2-buncombe-women/74773710/

So a brief timeline:

Alexandra King, 22, and Tatianna Diz, 20, were last seen on Tuesday leaving Canterbury Heights Apartments between 9 and 10 p.m.

PG is accused of shooting Uhon Johnson, 31, around 10:30 p.m. at the Pisgah View Apartments.

Deputies from both Henderson County and officers from Fletcher became involved in the chase around 11:20 p.m. on I-26 near the Buncombe County line.

It's reported that PG asked the girls for a lift to Deaverview Apt (reason unknown)

2bee370590112742dca87fb05a173612.jpg

So until we hear a reason for the Deaverview trip when the killing of UJ took place at Pisgah View, i'm a little stumped there.
So I reworked the map I used earlier up thread. This is the route (the written part is only half of the directions) from Cantebury Apartments to where the car was located
af59713a24822b6236ec8eacb0606233.jpg

It's a 32 minute walk to Pisgah View Apartments from where the car was found.
90e060616944ad6a6e1d9454a67a9576.jpg

So that would give him roughly an hour to harm the girls. Since it is stated they were last seen around 9 or 10.

I know the river arts district has a bad rep for crime (no opinion here, it seems quaint to me), could drugs be involved and what led them to Craven Street (somewhat secluded away from light pollution)? All JMO.

Pierre's FB: https://www.facebook.com/senior.griffin (surprisingly locked down)

Not that it means a ton, but since LE wouldn't say the type of connection Pierre had to the girls I was curious if it might be possible to find any other hints beyond the GF's uncle living across from them.

And I was curious about if there was anything that be indicative of the girls also knowing Uhon.

Knowing they had apparently previously had a male roommate made me wonder if there might be a connection through him.

Anyway...

Pierre and Uhon were FB friends.

Many people seemed to be mutually friends with both in real life, at least, based on comments many places about 'my boy killed my other boy' etc.

Pierre's FB set up makes it impossible to see much unless you find another person and look for him on their page (tedious unless there's someone of interest).

B/c of how his (P's) FB is set up it's hard to know for sure, but searching backwards from Tatianna's, he's not FB friends with her. Alex's page doesn't let you see her friend list.

Searching backward from Uhon, neither of the girls are on his friend list.

Is that definitive?

Obviously not, but...I know some of us have been looking at possible connections and even possibly other people (who obviously can't be sleuthed on here)

With his FB, the comments trying to sort of sleuth 'backward' from Pierre to people talking about him using his FB handle are what I've been finding interesting at times.

The one I kept double-taking at is a relative with a bunch of pictures of glass houses and rocks.

FWIW, Deaverview and Pisgah View are government subsidized housing areas. I'm not sure about Canterbury Heights. Deaverview and Pisgah View are well known as centers of drug and other illegal activity. Trying to be sensitive here...Not everyone who lives there is a criminal, of course, and there have been lots of attempts to "clean up" the area. But if you don't live there, you really have no business being there, especially at night.

I always hate to say it but it sounds like Pierre suffered some kind of mental illness to exibit such extreme behavior from what he is known. Or could he be a sociopath that tricked the world for years? OR are good old drugs the reason for this horrific night?
Part of me says that the girls were possibly scoring weed from one of those gentleman that night. Not to cast a shadow on the ladies but its the only way I can put all of the parties together. I'm not feeling a hate crime here against the ladies lifestyles either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wow, just caught up with this thread - how awful. I hope hope hope that the girls are ok but I unfortunately have my doubts :(

I always hate to say it but it sounds like Pierre suffered some kind of mental illness to exibit such extreme behavior from what he is known. Or could he be a sociopath that tricked the world for years? OR are good old drugs the reason for this horrific night?
Part of me says that the girls were possibly scoring weed from one of those gentleman that night. Not to cast a shadow on the ladies but its the only way I can put all of the parties together. I'm not feeling a hate crime here against the ladies lifestyles either.

This doesn't sound like mental illness to me. I think there's something personal going on or it's drugs.
JMO.

This doesn't sound like mental illness to me. I think there's something personal going on or it's drugs.
JMO.

I tend to agree. I mean, maybe there was a mental break of some sort but IMO it would be directly related to a personal situation or something involving drugs. Just my opinion, of course. SM can leave quite a trail!

I think you guys are right, I was just trying to reconcile what a great guy people said he was.

The girls did at least sometimes dabble in marijuana - there are a number of SM photos of them smoking out of bongs, etc. Not the more recent photos, but that is the first thing that came to mind for me as the avenue through which they may have known Pierre.

Ah, here we go:

The vehicle, a 1988 blue Volkswagen Jetta, was found abandoned and bloodied Wednesday morning on the west side of the Craven Street bridge, a bullet hole in the passenger seat headrest, the windows broken, according to the search warrant.

And:

Detectives have learned through interviews and records from King's cellphone that King and Diz were traveling with Griffin to conduct a drug deal, according to the warrant.

And:

Griffin returned to the apartment where his girlfriend was staying and told her "he had done something bad, and they needed to go," the warrant states.

All from this article: http://www.citizen-times.com/story/news/crime/2015/10/31/warrants-suspect-disappearance-told-girlfriend-something-bad-happened/74937788/

The timeline is a bit confusing - a lot of "after X time" statements. It sounds like the statement to his girlfriend was probably much later than 9 - likely after he was with the girls, which was after 10, but maybe she is only confirming after 9 so they're saying it that way?

I wonder if he went back after the guy because he witnessed or was part of the first incident.

Ugh.

<snip>
I wonder if he went back after the guy because he witnessed or was part of the first incident.

The only reason I wonder about Uhon not being a witness or something is it seems like if he had been there at all that night that he'd have found somewhere else to go and not to his home or somewhere Pierre would easily find him.

If he'd just seen him shoot two others or he knew that had happened, at least, you'd think he'd hightail it somewhere and get himself and his family safe so he didn't end up another victim to Pierre.

That's the one thing that has me thinking maybe Uhon was 'collateral damage' in some form.

Like Pierre killed/hurt the girls and a deal went bad or something, and then in his panic over that, Pierre was desperate to get a car and get away, and Uhon got killed in that process. :dunno: Maybe something like Pierre thinking Uhon 'owed' him so he thought he'd give his car up? Or just thought he could scare it out of him? And if Pierre was already really spooked and knew he was in big trouble and trying to get out of town, if Uhon resisted, then he killed him too to get the car?

I may be wrong about, but the car bit seems even more central now - and that fleeing was likely Pierre's priority after things went down with the girls - when we now have this:

Griffin returned to the apartment where his girlfriend was staying and told her "he had done something bad, and they needed to go," the warrant states.

I can't help but think perhaps Pierre's one goal was escaping, and not really wanting to kill yet another person after the thing with the girls went down, but then when someone stood in the way of that he "had" to kill them also?

Maybe?

Today I thought what if Uhon killed the girls and PG killed him after the fact as retaliation. I haven't paid much attention toSM and its view on UJ. PG seems to be a shocker. Just a fleeting thought not sure I believe it's possible.

GF has got to be SO thankful she didn't go with Griffin at any point - but especially after when Pierre pulled up in Uhon's car and said they needed to go because he had done something bad!

The girlfriend told detectives she was with Griffin that day, according to the warrant. She said Griffin left around midday and she spoke with him later, learning he was at a family member's residence at Deaverview Apartments, the warrant states.

The girlfriend told detectives she had contact with Griffin sometime after 9 p.m. Tuesday. Griffin returned to the apartment where his girlfriend was staying and told her "he had done something bad, and they needed to go," the warrant states.

She saw a white Ford Expedition running outside the residence, and decided not to go with Griffin because "she did not feel good about what was happening," the warrant states.

<snip>

It's not clear exactly when the exchange between Griffin and his girlfriend took place.

Not a very large window of time that convo with Pierre and the GF could have happened since we know (generally) what time the girls left, and we have a very definite time on what time Uhon was killed, and then another specific time of the pursuit, etc. leading to Pierre's arrest.

Wish we knew specifically!

This actually narrows the window even more as to when the girls took Pierre - this says close to 10 NOT 9 like we'd heard earlier:

The women, Alexandra King, 22, and Tatianna Diz, 20, drove King&#8217;s car about 10 p.m. Tuesday from their apartment in the Canterbury Heights complex in northwest Asheville to take Griffin, 22, to Deaverview Apartments, according to a search warrant written by Detective John Ledford with the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...d-girlfriend-something-bad-happened/74937788/

Today I thought what if Uhon killed the girls and PG killed him after the fact as retaliation. I haven't paid much attention toSM and its view on UJ. PG seems to be a shocker. Just a fleeting thought not sure I believe it's possible.

The interesting thing I found looking at (a lot b/c I was on a mission for some specific things! lol) was that there seemed to be a pretty universal consensus that both Pierre and Uhon had gotten into 'street lyfe' for awhile now, but that Uhon had largely gotten/been getting out of it and cleaning up his act because of his daughter.

Even people who know both were by and large admitting Uhon had been making better choices and Pierre hadn't. I don't know that that means completely, but that may be part of what's making me wonder if Uhon wasn't as directly involved vs. a more major player in it all.

The other thing that makes me wonder if some of what else has come out in this article now, at least, about the girls, had been said (not quite in the same words, but the essence of it).

Which really made me wonder since there were definitely people out there surprised something happened to Uhon, but not the girls.

I'm thinking more may unravel in all of this though...

(BTW anyone know if 'lyfe' spelled that way specifically a 'thing'? I saw a lot of it in the context of SM from people in this case and their friends, etc.)

Late Friday, police said a shooting occurred "in or around" the 1988 blue Volkswagen Jetta on Tuesday evening. It is not known where the shooting took place or who was involved.

The where else that car was for possible addition locations of the shooting is what's going to be key I'm afraid. Which is why the weather is such a bummer now!

Made even worse by the fact that searchers could have kept going but left b/c they had done everything Asheville wanted - which seems like they don't have a clue where else to look.

I wonder if we'll get a "if you saw this car any time between ____ and ____" plea like we just had with Laura in MN the last couple of weeks?

Authorities have searched the French Broad River by boat and helicopter since Thursday for clues in the disappearance. The search Friday spanned the Haywood Road bridge to the dam in Woodfin.

The search resumed around 10 a.m. Saturday with two boats and 10 officials, focusing on the area from the Jean Webb bridge to Grainger Industrial Supply at Broadway. It ended around 3:15 p.m.

"We didn't find anything while we were down there,"
Asheville Fire Department Battalion Chief Larry Morrow said. "No signs of anything."

He said crews could search until nightfall, but "had finished what (Asheville police) wanted us to search."

Such a bummer there's all this rain because the likely case is that besides for wherever the girls end up found, that there's probably at least one or two more places that had evidence that may be entirely long gone (and even the locations unlocatable) because those pieces didn't come together before things got really wet!

After heavy rain early this week, the French Broad is flowing higher than normal, on Friday flowing at about 5,000 cubic feet per second compared with a typical reading of 1,500 cubic feet per second. Waters are muddier because of sediment washing in and also moving more quickly, said Riverkeeper Hartwell Carson. It was overcast most of Saturday.

"It's definitely bad timing for a search effort," Carson said.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...d-girlfriend-something-bad-happened/74937788/

Sounds like Alex's phone was left (thus the one seized in the apartment) and is where LE is getting the drug bit from?

Detectives have learned through interviews and records from King's cellphone that King and Diz were traveling with Griffin to conduct a drug deal, according to the warrant. It's not known who was intending to purchase the drugs.

<snip>

Investigators seized from the women's apartment two notes, a flashdrive, a smartphone and a plastic drawer with a green leafy substance and packaging material, according to warrants. From the girlfriend's uncle's apartment, investigators seized electronics, silver foil with burn marks and one white pill.

I wonder if the GF's uncle was still gone and they were still truly house sitting all these weeks later, or if they basically never left?

APD officially has Tatianna and Alex's case in terms of their disappearance and the shooting involving their vehicle.

Note LE currently believes Pierre to be the suspect in that shooting also, but will continue to pursue all leads.

Bullets from Uhon's murder could match the evidence in Alex's car making them realize it's unlikely to be another person who did both (not that that would rule out witnesses or help in hiding the girls maybe)...:thinking:

The missing persons case of Alexandra King and Tatianna Diz has officially transitioned to the Asheville Police Department effective yesterday evening. Evidence collected shows that a crime occurred within city limits. The utmost priority for the Asheville Police Department is to locate Alexandra and Tatianna. The department has called on the assistance of multiple surrounding agencies to assist us in this process.

The Asheville Police Department can confirm that a shooting did occur in or around the VW Jetta owned by Alexandra King on the evening of Tuesday, October 27th.

Investigators have identified Pierre Lamont Griffin II as a suspect in this case, but will continue to pursue all leads and information. Griffin remains at the Spartanburg Regional Hospital under the guard of the Spartanburg Police Department.

https://www.facebook.com/ashevillepolice/posts/425494790993808

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back