ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
she's so beautiful......just staring at her pic, asking WHY WHY WHY????

ND Governor Hoeven and MN Governor Pawlenty were both at the news conference. They said they were authorizing the National Guard to be called out to recover Dru's body. They are doing an organized search on Friday. I think, based on the evidence, they have a very good idea of where she is.

:boohoo:

On CNN...
Right passenger side seat and window is where they found the blood.

I'm not positive where exactly but there was a mention of blood in the backseat but I didn't catch where exactly other than the right side.

Looks like those scrapings in the window could have been what some thought they were.

:boohoo:

Crying for Dru's Mom and Dad, for Sven TOO. For her girlfriends. Crying for her boyfriend of 5 montHs. CRYING FOR ALL OF US!

Rest in Peace Dru Sjodin - 11/22/03

CRYING FOR DRU - HER LIFE WAS SO FULL OF PROMISE.

I sure hope that by some Christmas miracle they can still find her alive. I know it is not looking good. Its just hard to give up hope.

I agree Elle. Although it's not looking good...let's keep praying for a good outcome. Miracles do happen.

Prayers for Dru~

If Dru had been my daughter the "suspect" would not be alive now. With the DNA results there is little doubt as to her being in his car. My, of little help, feelings go out to her family.

Well so much for the News Conference, it was a no-news conference except for bringing out the National Guard.........(which is good news) I wish they could have done this a lot sooner but I'm sure you have to get some special authorization..........DARN

I think though that they think Dru in somewhere in that river....and they're not saying anything until they find her. Sort of like what LE in Modesto did.

Hope there's more news on TV tonite, sure there will be cause the diver I saw going into the river would out by now.......it's almost 3:00 pm in California so it's dark back there. Poor Dru.....I'm just sick about this.

I'm dying to know if the location they are looking is anywhere near the Beet factory like the gal mentioned from Dru's website. The beet factory where this Alphonso.....used to work.

Yakwoman........do you know if where they are looking...........was close to where she was kidnapped? :dontknow:

xxxxxoooo
mama

Originally posted by Elle Kaye
I sure hope that by some Christmas miracle they can still find her alive. I know it is not looking good. Its just hard to give up hope.

EllenKaye...I feel the same...don't look good.....the family of Dru must be in a living hell right now.

I do hope the Feds take over this case, because of the State Line issue.

Then the death penalty will come into play.

Now, I do realize the importance of the Death Penaly

NO HOPE.

Shoe found a week ago near river bank is Dru's. News released only today. Blood in defendant's car determined to belong to Dru based on dna found in her toothbrush. Confirmatory dna testing continues. Only the trunk area of defendant's car had been recently and thoroughly cleaned. Knife belonging to defandant fits the holster found at the scene of the abduction. Movie the defendant claims to have been watching was not shown that day.

Another case of a young attractive vibrant girl who was working two jobs to put herself through college being killed by a career criminal who will now get free room and board for the rest of his life as well as free medical care, free dental care and free gym membership. He will also go to the top of the list if he ever needs an organ transplant.

I think I just found the answer to my own question!

Here is a map.........of where they found the shoe and are looking for Dru.

http://www.crk.umn.edu/nature-northwest/redlakewebsite/images/crookston to fisher.jpg

On Dru's website..........WendyW ask's
Has it been reported exactly what part of the Red Lake River her shoe was found? That river looks it runs along route 2 for awhile before splitting off toward Red Lake Falls...

Here is the answer from aimerk who obviously lives there:
It is the part of the Red Lake River by the beet plant. It is kind of a "bypass" from highway 2 to highway 75. It runs along the West side of Crookston, right on the edge of town.

Then some poster called OT gave the link to the map.....saying:
_ _ I will leave a link to a jpg image of the river. As you will see it bends in several crazy ways. Right where you see "Highway 75 Access" there is a bridge across it. That's where it was found. (shoe)

I believe the location above was given by the Dru poster that I posted about earlier. Her thread was titled: POLICE PLESE READ THIS. (or something like that. I just don't want to go and find the post.

xxxxxxxo
mama

Thanks Mama for your sleuthing work.
With it that close to Crookston it really
makes it look more like AR.

They've got the guy...now her family needs Dru.

Prayers for Dru~

There was a song for Laci that was played that hit that spot in me, that she was ok, now. "Take Her Home", I have to go look for that. It suits Dru too.

Originally posted by Love_Mama
Yakwoman........do you know if where they are looking...........was close to where she was kidnapped? :dontknow:

xxxxxoooo
mama

If they are looking at the Red Lake River near Crookston, then that is approximately 25 - 30 miles from where Dru was abducted. I don't know much about the Red Lake River, except that it branches off from the Red River at East Grand Forks.

It would be terribly sad if they never find her. There was a young man on a snowmobile that went through the ice on the Red River a few years ago and they never did find him. So sad.

Yakwoman

Yakwoman.......IF, they never find her.......GOD BLESS HER. That's what my mom said when the police called and told my mom that my daughter was dead. (I was at a business meeting) She was 27. It is horrible, the feeling ..............My daugher was in an accident. I listened to my answering machine and that's what my mother said. “God Bless her” . It's not something you ever want to hear and you NEVER forget it. I feel so sad for this family..........all of a sudden, you're not a family anymore because you've lost your best friend, your left and right arm....your eyes.....the love of your life. It's like STEALING someone from your family. It's the most exteme pain I've ever experienced.

It's not a good time of the year for me. Stacy, my daughter died on Nov. 25, 1986. To me it's like yesterday. My kid's, all grown, miss their sister so much. I just pray for a miracle for this family. Believe it or not, I do not believe in the death penalty. I think that the worst penalty would be life without parole. These people are very sick. We cannot judge what sick is. This man should never have left prison.

I'm still keeping hope. I pray that possibly she may still be alive. That's what we all have to do.

xxxxxxxooooo
mama

Edited to ADD......... We have our kids one minute at a time. Remember to hug and kiss them ..tell them how much you love them, remember to ask how they feel.....they are the most special people in the world and let them know that we think that. Life is short, be it 80 years or 22 years. Children are God's messanger's..they teach about love thorough their love for us. There is nothing as special as a child. They are God's gift to us.

Love_Mama,
You brought tears to my eyes the way you described your feeling of loss as losing your arms, your legs, your eyes.

You are so right, it is just not right to lose a part of yourself and be expected to continue on.

You are right about Dru, we have to keep hoping and praying.

Julie

P.S. I have always liked your tag line, "Mom to losts of kids, not all mine" - that is simply awesome.

Originally posted by Love_Mama
Yakwoman.......IF, they never find her.......GOD BLESS HER. That's what my mom said when the police called and told my mom that my daughter was dead. (I was at a business meeting) She was 27. It is horrible, the feeling ..............My daugher was in an accident. I listened to my answering machine and that's what my mother said. “God Bless her” . It's not something you ever want to hear and you NEVER forget it. I feel so sad for this family..........all of a sudden, you're not a family anymore because you've lost your best friend, your left and right arm....your eyes.....the love of your life. It's like STEALING someone from your family. It's the most exteme pain I've ever experienced.

It's not a good time of the year for me. Stacy, my daughter died on Nov. 25, 1986. To me it's like yesterday. My kid's, all grown, miss their sister so much. I just pray for a miracle for this family. Believe it or not, I do not believe in the death penalty. I think that the worst penalty would be life without parole. These people are very sick. We cannot judge what sick is. This man should never have left prison.

I'm still keeping hope. I pray that possibly she may still be alive. That's what we all have to do.

xxxxxxxooooo
mama

Edited to ADD......... We have our kids one minute at a time. Remember to hug and kiss them ..tell them how much you love them, remember to ask how they feel.....they are the most special people in the world and let them know that we think that. Life is short, be it 80 years or 22 years. Children are God's messanger's..they teach about love thorough their love for us. There is nothing as special as a child. They are God's gift to us.

OOOOOh, MaMa...I am so very sorry for your loss of a 27 year old daughter.
Please accept my sympathies...for a misery that never ends.
I cannot imagine such a loss...it must have been simply horrid.

GOD BLESS YOU MAMA!!!

Originally posted by Juliana
Love_Mama,
You brought tears to my eyes the way you described your feeling of loss as losing your arms, your legs, your eyes.

You are so right, it is just not right to lose a part of yourself and be expected to continue on.

You are right about Dru, we have to keep hoping and praying.

Julie

P.S. I have always liked your tag line, "Mom to losts of kids, not all mine" - that is simply awesome.

Julie, you are very sweet. The fact of the matter is that we NEVER know what tomorrow will bring. We must, and I say we must have a higher being that we can defer to. WE have to leave our problem's to a Higher Being. I am a Christian....but there are many other religions that friends tell me can work. When life just become's so difficult we can defer to someone else. I mean, you can be a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, a Muslim....anything....but, what we have to do in horrible situations is to have SOMEBODY to handle it for us. Remember, we are just simple Human Beings. If someone try's to rob you, steal your car, hurt someone in your family...........you call the police. So, in simple language, a higher being than us.... could be someone as simple as the local police. But when I pray, it is to Jesus Christ. He listen's , he hear's what I say. I don't know what I could do without Him. He is my shining star. I, am nobody special at all. Could someone be that caring? What a concept.
xxxxxxxoo
mama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members