GUILTY NM - Ashlynne Mike, 11, San Juan County, 2 May 2016

From the above link:

"Authorities had been searching by air and ground for Ashlynne Mike, a Navajo fifth-grader who was abducted by a man believed to be a stranger Monday afternoon, FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said.

The girl's body was found Tuesday morning in Shiprock, near a rock formation that the town is named for, said Jesse Delmar, the tribe's public safety division director.*

We were very hopeful that we would find her in good shape," Delmar said. "We found her, but it didn't turn out well.""

"The search for the girl included federal, tribal, state and county officers on the ground as well as a New Mexico State Police helicopter, Fisher said.

Authorities didn't immediately say whether the suspect had been found or what they were doing to find him. He was described as Native American, but no other details were released."

Official: Girl believed kidnapped by stranger on Navajo Nation found dead
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/fbi-girl-believed-kidnapped-by-stranger-on-navajo-nation

its desolate there....

""We are still looking for the suspect," Fisher said. "Now it's a murder case."

The FBI has set up a command center in Shiprock.

An Amber Alert was issued for the girl this morning after she and her brother were allegedly abducted in Lower Fruitland.

Ashlynne Mike and her brother Ian Mike, 9, were taken Monday afternoon after getting off of the bus in Lower Fruitland when returning home from school, according to a Facebook post from her family."

FBI: Body of missing San Juan County girl found
http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...r-alert-issued-san-juan-county-girl/83866168/

attachment.php

An 11-year-old girl and her brother were abducted on Monday afternoon near this mile marker off Navajo Route 36 near San Juan Chapter, according to Authorities. (Photo: Jon Austria/The Daily Times)

I haven't seen a description of the abductor other than Native American.

Oh no. This poor child. I hope and pray that she didn't suffer.
RIP Ashlynne.

How very sad.

Prayers for her brother, who survived the horrible ordeal.

The age was listed as late thirties in the original version of the story from The Journal that I linked to above. I see that they have since revised the article and that the age information has been removed.

Oh no. This poor child. I hope and pray that she didn't suffer.
RIP Ashlynne.

Of course she suffered. Mentally, physically...I know you're being sincere and caring and I know I sound harsh.. :grouphug: Unfortunately there is no candy coating this. Unless she was asleep, unconscious, passed out the whole time. She must have been so afraid. I hope she was unconscious. I will always remember what Jessica Ridgeway's last words were to her abductor, "will I ever see my mom again?".

At least there will be/ is a big manhunt on for this . Hope they can catch him before he kills another child.
(How many others have there been? Was Ashlynne the first child he has killed?)

When I think of the boy being dropped off in AZ and her being relatively back south of home found deceased, makes me wonder if he killed her before dropping off the brother. Those poor kids.... I hope he has a great family support system....IMHO

When I think of the boy being dropped off in AZ and her being relatively back south of home found deceased, makes me wonder if he killed her before dropping off the brother. Those poor kids.... I hope he has a great family support system....IMHO

Yes. I do believe that could be the case.

From the article, "The suspect drove up in the van, asked them if they needed a ride, and both children entered the car." ..

It angers me that it's JUST THAT EASY for these vile criminals to get children. Ugh, so sad! Sweet kids assuming everyone is decent. :(

From http://www.daily-times.com/story/ne...r-alert-issued-san-juan-county-girl/83866168/

At a late-afternoon press conference in Shiprock, police released a more detailed description of the suspect.

The man is described as a light-skinned Native American male in his 20s or 30s with short, dark hair, said Terry Wade, the special agent in charge of the FBI’s Albuquerque field office. The suspect has a tear-drop tattoo under his left eye, Wade said.

At the time of the incident, he was wearing blue pants and a black shirt and had earring in both of his ears, as well as a silver chair.

(I'm assuming that should read "silver chain")

Of course she suffered. Mentally, physically...I know you're being sincere and caring and I know I sound harsh.. :grouphug: Unfortunately there is no candy coating this. Unless she was asleep, unconscious, passed out the whole time. She must have been so afraid. I hope she was unconscious. I will always remember what Jessica Ridgeway's last words were to her abductor, "will I ever see my mom again?".

I'm sure she did.
I have an 11 year old. And just can't even imagine it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back