NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything sinister, but for a mother not to go and visit her son in jail at the first opportunity available is, IMO, very unusual.

From reading those previous links, it appears that the conversations are monitored/CCTV.

I think the only thing that could stop me from going to see my son in jail under these circumstances would be if I was close to have a breakdown over it all. I might then think "I'll let someone else do this for now, I can't handle it."
But having said that, so much of how they've acted/reacted just seems strange. Under these circumstances I'd be out looking for my daughter in law, or at least making alot of effort... afterall my son would be so upset that his wife was missing/ killed... but that's my son, not Gerard... clearly 2 different scenarios here. lol

My source is the sister-in-law of one of the arresting officers. She told me he and other officers flew to Townsville the day before the arrest. I have no reason to doubt her and for obvious reasons I can't give out names but rest assured this is one of the officers we have seen in recent footage.

Thank you. That differs from my source which was the day of the arrest. I'll go back to mine and confirm.

I wouldn't go see my son in jail if he'd lied through his teeth to me, and then I'd found out startling information at a bail hearing that proved he was a BFL!

Thanks ktk and everyone else for responding re this!

If that is the case, I wonder what he (Ainsworth) is waiting for.

More tests to come back (who knew it took 8+ weeks for the phone tests to come back)? They took bags of stuff from the BC senior residence.

Someone to blab (which is not going to happen if it is only family members involved)?

The police made it clear from very early on that they believed there was an accomplice. There have been more than one reported sightings of two cars (so there is probably/hopefully more evidence there that we don't know about).

Surely the face time call in itself is enough to warrant more action than just a one hour visit the other night (granted there were 5 detectives)?

But only GBC and ABC's cars were impounded. One has been released.

What are they waiting for? Arrest them already!!!

Sorry if someone has responded to this along the same lines, but I wanted to remind everyone what one poster (sorry, can't remember who) indicated just after the bail hearing: They said that if they charged anyone else at this stage, then they wouldn't be able to call them as a witness. If this is true, then I think that the police would rather get them on the stand first, and try to get them to make a mistake, or implicate GBC in some way. They can always charge with with "after the fact" later. In my opinion this sounds like a good tactic.

:jail:

My source is the sister-in-law of one of the arresting officers. She told me he and other officers flew to Townsville the day before the arrest. I have no reason to doubt her and for obvious reasons I can't give out names but rest assured this is one of the officers we have seen in recent footage.

There must have been just a bit of a mix up with the days then as GBC was arrested on Wednesday 13th June ??

From your first & second posts where you said officers flew to Townsville....

"A friend told me yesterday that QPS travelled to Townsville on Wednesday to put pressure on Olivia. Very good source."

"As I've said once before here, I know for a FACT that the arresting officer and other QPS officers went to Townsville to meet with Olivia the DAY BEFORE GBC was arrested. Not Monday, not Tuesday, not three weeks earlier ... it was WEDNESDAY. Gerard was arrested on the Thursday."

:jail::jail::jail:
Yes how amazing , if he was at the Kholo creek overpass :rocker:when he made that face time call :woohoo::woohoo:

he could only do that if he had a wifi dongle to tether his phone, facetime calls are only wifi only. Unless he somehow manged to get a beta of IO6, which I dont think had been released then. He'd be too dopey for that anyway.

he could only do that if he had a wifi dongle to tether his phone, facetime calls are only wifi only. Unless he somehow manged to get a beta of IO6, which I dont think had been released then. He'd be too dopey for that anyway.

i could imagine G with his dongle though.

WS, I have an unusual request and I need your help if you're willing. Right back while ABC was still missing, there was a rumour that there'd been DV by GBC to ABC. ABC had spent some time in a DV Shelter. Unfortunately we do not have the name of the shelter she is supposed to have spent time in. One of ABC's friends called me today asking me to help her to either eliminate this rumour completely, or provide a name of the shelter. She spoke to CIB yesterday and they understand the need to remain anonymous, but, if you know, would you please send me a message through the WS with the name of the shelter on it, and we will pass it to CIB for their investigation. And since WS is nicely anonymous, both your privacy and mine will remain protected. Unless of course you contact Crimestoppers yourself. Please do that if you can!!! We don't want CIB to chase their tails uselessly if this is not true, but if it is true, and we can provide them with the name of the shelter ABC went to, that would be a big help to them.

Trying to catch up....HEAD SPINNING.....so many questions.....here are a few.

Someone mentioned the Prado being up for sale...where is it advertised? Also, if it was Alison's car(?), is it allowed to be sold? Guessing sale is for 'fundraising'. Wonder if there will be a garage sale on Brookie Rd. soon? MUSTARD JACKET ANYONE????

What will happen with their house, I wonder? Speculating that they were probably in arrears with rent and now it's a vacant crime scene....owners must be livid. Does anyone know if the Craptiva is still impounded? Is it the Craptiva which alledgedly has blood in it? MSM reported that GBC had only 8 weeks earlier leased a vehicle. 1. How the devil did he get finance and 2. Is this the Craptiva?

I believe the police had enough evidence leading up to the arrest but were just waiting and watching for any 'strange' behaviour before pouncing. I've heard stories of GBC being at a recent school disco acting a bit doolally...maybe they thought he was going mad and then there is talk of him applying for a passport. I can just imagine the dude at Aussie Post reporting this post haste!
ALL MOO IMO etc.

I'm wondering how many suckers actually donated to GBC's appeal for funds for his legal defence... The link attached mentions that they that they had raised sufficient surety to cover the amount required should he be released on bail.(Wasn't bail supposed to be $500,000???) But then they were still attempting to gather enough money to pay ongoing legal costs and required $30,000.

Would some fools actually give him money??? I'd feel better sending money to a Nigerian scammer!!

I would love to know how the fundraising is going for Olivia!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/family-appeals-for-help-on-fees/story-e6freon6-1226403540069

I'm not high-tech but it looks to me like EBC saying 'Thank you for your support'. I think her lips are moving when I slow it down.

Whoever the lady is, it seems plain that EBC asked her to come to the letterbox with her as a show of support, and the hug was very stagey, for the cameras IMO. Like evrything else EBC has done in front of the media.

WS, I have an unusual request and I need your help if you're willing. Right back while ABC was still missing, there was a rumour that there'd been DV by GBC to ABC. ABC had spent some time in a DV Shelter. Unfortunately we do not have the name of the shelter she is supposed to have spent time in. One of ABC's friends called me today asking me to help her to either eliminate this rumour completely, or provide a name of the shelter. She spoke to CIB yesterday and they understand the need to remain anonymous, but, if you know, would you please send me a message through the WS with the name of the shelter on it, and we will pass it to CIB for their investigation. And since WS is nicely anonymous, both your privacy and mine will remain protected. Unless of course you contact Crimestoppers yourself. Please do that if you can!!! We don't want CIB to chase their tails uselessly if this is not true, but if it is true, and we can provide them with the name of the shelter ABC went to, that would be a big help to them.

Wouldn't police be aware of these shelters & they'd keep a list of names surely??

There must have been just a bit of a mix up with the days then as GBC was arrested on Wednesday 13th June ??

"A friend told me yesterday that QPS travelled to Townsville on Wednesday to put pressure on Olivia. Very good source."

"As I've said once before here, I know for a FACT that the arresting officer and other QPS officers went to Townsville to meet with Olivia the DAY BEFORE GBC was arrested. Not Monday, not Tuesday, not three weeks earlier ... it was WEDNESDAY. Gerard was arrested on the Thursday."

I remember at the time marlywings that Radster did reply that for the second statement he got the day wrong - GBC was arrested on Wednesday June 13th and Radster reported after correction that the police visited Townsville on Tuesday 12th of June. I wondered at the time if the mistake was due to the public holiday on the 11th of June Monday.

Gerard was DEFINITELY arrested on the Wednesday afternoon/ evening.

I thought that FaceTime only works on wifi not mobile wireless Internet? It could work using a mobile wifi dongle I guess

It only works over wifi, but I am hoping there is location data for other times that evening. I remember reading that the data saved wasn't consistent. So it might not be available. But the article I recall reading, the data tracked was when they were on journeys, so anyway, there is a chance at least.

It was someone (can't remember names LOL) who looking at the photos and GBC's eyes thought the pupils were dilated, etc. etc.

May have just been because he was "a little bit hurt" or could be an allergic reaction to the "caterpillar bite".

If any of that happened i'm quite sure the police would already know. I had to go too a shelter once and the police took me there, took all my details and then the lady in the office took all my details too. When i was there which was one night because i went back to my ex everything was confidential even the address. I haven't seen anything about her being in a shelter but that doesn't mean she wasn't

How did she end up under the bridge? I think she was killed at home, the perp called for assistance, she was loaded in the back of the Captiva and driven to the bridge, where 2 people carried her and placed her in the location where the body was found, in the hope that the body wasn't found too quickly to enable decomposition to take place, but knowing that there are canoeists that use the creek, that she was found eventually in order to collect insurance. All just my speculation.

Absolutely agree with this one from CC. No body - no insurance. Had to be placed wher it would be found, but not too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member