No Honor Among Thieves

ETA: Got sucked into reading a chapter or two of DoI (was procrastinating over starting a piece of work and had already alphabetised the kids' story books....)

Anyway, reading it, it struck me that had a Ramsey ever been tried for this offence, some sort of religious psychosis could have easily been used in establishing diminished responsibility. I'd go for it if I were their defence attorney...

True! Plus, Patsy and John make clear in DoI that they were fully attuned to the zeitgeist in Boulder (liberal, politically correct, not tough on law and order) - they had to know that they'd be as likely to get the death penalty in Boulder as I am in the EU. This knowledge also adds an interesting layer to the debate on why they played such legal hardball.

I was going to bring that up eventually.

Going back to your point again, though, I think people also over-look the fact that people who trade in perfection would probably consider their lives over anyway if it were disclosed that Mr American Dream and Miss West Virginia, paragons of Christianity, toothpaste advert perfect, had harmed their child in a desperate moment.

Imagine what her mother would have said!

To me personally, her comment following JBR's death in which she stated that 'at least JBR would not have to endure the battle of dealing with a diagnosis of terminal cancer in her life....', (paraphrased), is evidence that not only did PR not expect to live very long, anyway, but it also screams loudly toward pointing out the narcissistic impact that the diagnosis and treatment of her cancer had upon her rational, 'motherly' state of mind.

I'm sorry to say that, in my own opinion, this one solitary comment should have spoken volumes to every rational, parent, innocent of harming their own child!

I DID to some!

Another gem from DoI:

John p337

'We have been investigated and maligned, perhaps more than any other individuals in the history of this country..'

Another gem from DoI:

John p337

'We have been investigated and maligned, perhaps more than any other individuals in the history of this country..'

There goes that "ransomspeak" again!

Another gem from DoI:

John p337

:rolleyes: he forgot to add ".......individuals in the history of this country who REFUSED TO CO-OPERATE WITH LE and even hindered the investigation"

and the list goes on

'He (John) was going to carefully manage every aspect of my disease in the same way he directed Access Graphics.'
and he certainly did that,didn't he? he put her on a plane back and forth for her treatments,and didn't go with her..like she was a package to be mailed. :/
I do garner sympathy for her in that respect.

While I wait for this one to become active again, there's another element to this I just recalled.

HOTYH has often stated that there's no way the Rs would do anything to make a death sentence more likely. What he doesn't seem to remember is that, from all I can gather, PR didn't expect to live very long anyway. There were other people, on both sides, who said that PR was not likely to survive long enough for a trial to finish up.
Holdon also stated that the R's would never have left a note with their own handwriting on it (rather,Patsy's),and wouldn't have any reason to do so.But I think (I'm sure) that this thread answers that question.(thanks for starting it,SD).

Something else that always worried me was the 'Lazarus' thing: just didn't have the patina of a genuine reaction to me. In fact, it 'sounded' rehearsed to me.
I've always thought so,too.IMO she knew exactly what she was going to say and do when JB's body was 'found'..hollar that line,and throw herself on top of the body.
IMO it also goes along with her play act of dressing and behaving like Jackie Kennedy at the funeral.
who would do such a thing? same person who thought they could get away with writing a RN whereas a 'small foreign faction' was responsible for the crime.I see it as the same state of mind...outrageous.

Holdon also stated that the R's would never have left a note with their own handwriting on it (rather,Patsy's),and wouldn't have any reason to do so. But I think (I'm sure) that this thread answers that question.(thanks for starting it,SD).

JMO, I started this thread specifically to answer that question. A lot of good it did me, too! Thank YOU for showing me that my effort wasn't all for nothing.

rightoffhand,the only other thing that comes to mind (as far as planning ahead goes) is John covering JB with the blanket after she was brought upstairs..before Patsy could get to her at that.IMO the plan was for Patsy to throw herself on the body,in an attempt to account for any fiber evidence that might show up.Which,of course,is exactly what she tried to do.Perhaps John covering her before she could get to her was an attempt to foil that.(?)
Interesting that JB was found covered with a blanket,John was the one to remove it,and John once again was the one to cover her...a very parental gesture.

SD,what do you think of JR 'informing' the older kids (with Melinda's fiance present,a that) that he'd found JB at 11 am? Obviously that conversation entailed much more than Thomas could reveal,but to me,that just says it all.If that wasn't a case of advanced planning,I don't know what is.He was surely thinking ahead on that one!

SD,what do you think of JR 'informing' the older kids (with Melinda's fiance present,a that) that he'd found JB at 11 am? Obviously that conversation entailed much more than Thomas could reveal,but to me,that just says it all.If that wasn't a case of advanced planning,I don't know what is.He was surely thinking ahead on that one!

Yeah, he should have had some 'splaining to do (as Desi Arnaz would say)!

you'd think he would have been questioned about it in at least one of the polite interviews (I would hardly call them interrogations!).
the way John was always trying to keep his head above water,even after Patsy passed,makes him appear very very guilty,IMO.If it weren't for all of Patsy's so-obviously guilty behavior,I would be inclined to think it might have been all committed by him.but one thing that stops me from thinking that is when Patsy slipped and said she had 'flashbacks of Jonbenet screaming'.oh yea..because she was there,so THERE.

Right. You don't have "flashbacks" of things you did not experience.

I always wanted to know if they both covered for the child alive? It would be horrible to see both of your children gone. I can't imagin the envy and fights that could have gone on about all the attention paid to JB.
Rest in peace sweet baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back